xisto Community
michaelper22

Dell Tech Support I just needed a small bit of info

Dell tech support SUCKSSS totally as well as their computers. My BF got a dell within a week he had to get it back because it was crashing like crazy they change his computer for a new one. Then like 5 months later the keyboard was like falling into pieces, then it didn?t recognize the charger, a message appeared in the screen every time you plugged it in, saying "please connect an original dell charger" WTF????? he called he didn?t receive a straight answer from dell, so he had to buy a new one and like two months later it was falling again, I mean what kind of computer is that! And Dell didn?t do anything, and when that happened we were searching for an answer and found tons of people with the same problem and they have to pay to send the computer to dell because they said it was a mother board something like that issue, and when they received the computer again within days the same error, I mean thats just horrible.

i think everyone knows by now that dell tech support sucks. i remember having sever issues with a dell computer before and it would take hours to fix. i remember one occassion where they told me i would have to reformat and reinstall the operating system. WHAT?!?!? naw http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for an internet conenction issue. i ended up resolving the issue myself without the help of their tech support and my extended warrantee. i reemmber one time when i was getting nowhere with dish tech support after hours of talking with them. i decided to be transfered to customer service. i got lucky and talked to some guy who used to work in tech support and fixed my problem within minutes! he was white. his job was takin' over by outsourcing to people who don't have a clue to save a lot of money. rather than spend a little extra on people who actually know what they are doing.

now although i don't agree with all the outsourcing issues i have personally experienced with dell and their tech team, it does keep their computer prices lower. but after my experience with tech support, i will never buy a dell product as long as i live as i don't EVER want to go through that same nightmare.

also, aside from their online or on the phone tech support, they do have a very quick and efficient in home support. i remember my fan was bad and they had come to the home to replace it 2 days later. the fan was actually still good, it was just louder than it should have been.

Dell tech support SUCKSSS totally as well as their computers. My BF got a dell within a week he had to get it back because it was crashing like crazy they change his computer for a new one. Then like 5 months later the keyboard was like falling into pieces, then it didn´t recognize the charger, a message appeared in the screen every time you plugged it in, saying "please connect an original dell charger" WTF????? he called he didn´t receive a straight answer from dell, so he had to buy a new one and like two months later it was falling again, I mean what kind of computer is that! And Dell didn´t do anything, and when that happened we were searching for an answer and found tons of people with the same problem and they have to pay to send the computer to dell because they said it was a mother board something like that issue, and when they received the computer again within days the same error, I mean thats just horrible.

Now that every one is reporting about dell such way. I doubt purchase for alienware will make sense any more. As dell purchased alienware and tech support division will be common for both companies or will not be perfect like alienware's earlier support. Now for to make decision for purchase for alienware products, is it worth to buy from Dell ? Or not ?

really? dell bought out alienware? well, just because dell bought out alienware doesn't mean they are going to merge together. alienware has a great rep for custom built pc's. i think it will all boil down to how good alienwares customer and tech support is. i tried to research very quickly and could find much. it's mainly on their forums i think.....if you have any problems. don't know about telphone line support.

i am assuming alienware will remain doing business as usual with no huge changes even though dell bought them out. and i certainly don't think they will be using dell's tech support as dell will probably want to keep them seperate.

Now that every one is reporting about dell such way. I doubt purchase for alienware will make sense any more. As dell purchased alienware and tech support division will be common for both companies or will not be perfect like alienware's earlier support. Now for to make decision for purchase for alienware products, is it worth to buy from Dell ? Or not ?

Yes they bought alienware check this, when you choose the laptop or desktop model. You'll be redirected to Dell service. Also to contact online/offline support you'll be redirected to Dell's customer support. Besides buying company in such market condition was big move so they will cut costs on customer support for sure as they already redirected billing and support to Dell's official site.

Pathetic dell supportDell Tech Support

hey I'm an indian and just bought a Dell XPS .. Dude the customer support is pathetic they r unable to understand me( indian )then how'd they be able 2 answer queries coming in from overseas.

I think the criteria of selection in Dell support (or most of it here in india) is that, they'd ask 1 question

"What is 2 + 2 " ??

Everyone who replies 4 is chucked out, all other answers are accepted!

In the name of cost cutting these guys pickup the dumbest of Indians, and amongst 1 Billion, such a number could be comparable to many populations across the world !

-reply by Arjun