xisto Community
michaelper22

Dell Tech Support I just needed a small bit of info

ive got an ispiron 8200 try f2 f10 f11 or esc if none of thoise work something is broken...anyways i hate dell (i got the laptoip for free so im not complaining...), but from what my dad has done through dell he is pleased he said he gets 100% return with no errors, he also gets an english speaking dude lol... or girl dont know exaclty but i guess his work pays for the 24/7 365 support contract or w/e

My friend had trouble with his laptop, it was really slow at starting up and wouldn't connect to the internet either. From what I heard he had them connect to his laptop and they took it from there. Turns out he was missing a file and they found the problem and fixed it for him without having to do anything. So it was really 10 star service from Dell here. Maybe you just had a bad associate.

Dell support just plain sucks, just like their computers. My friend has a Dell Dimension 4000 and it got the blue screen of death, twice. I fixed it on my own once because Dell would like to charge him $200 for a Windows disk, so I used a Compaq disk and led to Microsoft about the activation key (I'm great with that kind of stuff.) Well it happened again and I'm left with starting the piece of crap up in Safe Mode, and once again no help from Dell. If you're a firm believer that Dell is just about the greatest computer brand out there, don't believe the commercials you see. They spend billions on ads to screw you over.

Nowadays, you see these annoying Dell commercils over and over on TV. Maybe I'm venting about TV in genral right nwo.. But Dell was and will be annoying for a long time.

I been with Dell going on about 5-6 years now, just because their computers are cheaper when you paying 4x as much for the same thing else where (Sony, GW2K).I do agree I hate calling direct support. Although they are trying hard to speak clear english, you still can't understand them through they heavy accent. Thats why I do the online chat, it makes my life a whole lot easier.Of course Funny story, when I was about to purchase my Dell XPS, I trying to explain to one of tech supports on the online chat about chaning the color of hte lights. Of course he had no clue what the hell I was talking about. Even after I gave him the link and even pictures of what I am talking about :lol:. Same thing happen to me when I tried installing my WIFI/router, I just had no clue what the guy from India was saying. I was able to pick out words here and there but could not figure out what he was trying to say. Needless to say I finally got my WIFI running ^_^.Of course now with my killer searching skills I usally look the answer up first and If i can't find any direct answet then I go to the computer company.Of course it is not just Dell tech support others are like this as well, thats what happens when you move your resources outside the country to pay less and make more.

Can Dell afford to setup all its customer care centers in the united states when it makes 40 bucks on a laptop? Will anyone of you work 6 days a week for 9 hours a day for a sum of less than 350 $ a month? If Americans are so particular about speaking to Americans, then they can always pay extra to get the premium warranty support which has lower wait times and all support centers are in the US itself-Desperado

IN short yeah they could to answer your first question, no to the second question because computer tech jobs are high paying and today it is impossible to live on $350 a month. To the second part why would someone want to pay extra when they will get it for free when they buy the computer, well mostly free. Either way it all comes down to getting a huge profit and cutting costs and for the US we are expensive to hire its plain and simple.

Hi I am a Dell Tech myself.To go to the bios on old computers, you can try F2//Or for boot options,F12 is from where you can select the CD/DVD drive...And for all of my dear friends info most of the calls are these days routed to Philipines and not to India and the Hard accent you are talking about are mostly from those people...Anyway for michael if your warranty has expired why is anyone going to help you for free???? Dell is here for business not charity and if you want a free support better stick to Chat support which is free for life time...And if you want support on your pc via phone,You need to pay for the line that you are blocking and not letting an in warranty person call up...Cause technicians are limited...But cust base is huge...Dan ArubigSENIOR CASE ESCALATIONS TEAM BLOOMINGTON, ILDELL

thats the problemDell Tech Support

Back in the old days when computers were expensive, people offered tech support for free. The whole sick idea that tech support should generate revenue was the start of its downfall. The expectation that there should be no free help out of warranty is just what I am talking about. Back in the 90s, I did TS for a major PC (not Dell) and we would help anyone. Warranty only referred to PARTS REPLACEMENT. Remember warranty is not a contract of service but a time frame that manufacturers choose to guarantee the HARDWARE will work.

Who is to blame, honestly its the cheapskate whiney people who want everything to be cheap. That is why most new products are garbage.

Until we start to get it in America that cheap=crap we will continue to see jobs go overseas. Computers like toasters only last a minimal time, the warranties are useless and they are made in China

You want good, you have to pay for good.

I bought a Dell Outlet refurbished XPS M1530 and had 2 out of 2 successful events with dell support.

The first time, less than 3 months after receiving the laptop, the battery died.  They sent me a replacement for free the next day in return for my dead battery (all shipping paid for by them).  So I paid $0 which I expected since the battery should last much longer than that, and I have extended 3 yr warranty.

My two mouse buttons on my laptop have come out essentially due to accidental damage.  I do not have accidental damage warranty, but I contacted them.  They said they will fix it this one time for free and send someone over within a few days to fix it.  Quote, "However, I spoke to my supervisor and for one time exception,we will replace the plam [sic] rest,which contains the touchpad and its buttons."

Keywords: dell customer support is great

Problems with Dell Customer ServiceDell Tech Support

Yeah I had to go through the same B-S when it comes to trying to get my computer's problems diagnosed. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with a major problem. Recently, as of a month ago, I have purchased a Cricket A600 wireless internet access USB piece so I could connect to the internet anywhere I like. Ha, ha, ha, looks like the joke is on me. This piece only worked for three days and then decided that it only wants to work for about five minutes at a time. So now I ask you if anyone out there has some helpful answers to my problem? Oh yeah, by the way, Cricket Customer Care says that their piece isn't the problem, instead it has to be my computer. Also, I have recently experienced a noisy "exhaust fan" on the bottom of my laptop. Could this be part of the problem, or is it a common occurrence? So, to finally end this question-book, I experienced alot of B.S., both from those in "Dell's Customer Service", which I later found out was actually in India (Half-way around the freaking world). A bounch of crap for a little advice about a minor problem, especially when they ask me for my credit card info. They want to change registration rights over to me, (ownership of the computer), before they answer any of my questions. When you call them, they tell you its gonna be a two hour wait before their computers come back online for them to help me, even though I've already waited two hours since the last time I called them. Thanks for any help you can provide.-reply by tommy jordan

When I had my Dell I found the Dell support very Good. Spoke Good english, Very Quick & They seemed to know what they was doing unlike some places. It has improved over the years I am sure it will improve even more as it is Dell any they are now the worlds largest computer making company in the US and UK.

I can confirm that this problem have the dell laptops but only few models.The same problems have an fujitsu siemens laptops.I hate that problems.You mast hardworking for do some stupid mistake :P:)

not able to install any new applicationDell Tech Support

It is giving error as "Make sure you type name correctly and try again", although the loaction and name are correct.Please resolve this asap.-reply by Prashant Mittal