xisto Community
husker

Cpanel Or Ftp? which one?

If you are talking about what upload meathod you use then I think that FTP is just far better than the Cpanel uploader. For the Cpanel uploader you have to browse for the file every time that you want to upload one. With FTP you just drag it into the folder and depending on the amount of files just wait a bit and its done. The Cpanel uploader is really meant for deleting a bunch of stuff at one time if you ask me.

I do not use cPanel unless deleting folders or huge amounts of files.I use AceFTP 3, the freeware program. I used to use FireFTP in Mozilla Firefox, it worked fine, but I decided to try other FTP clients.I am considering trying SmartFTP since it is so popular. It is featured on the Download.com page this morning.CuteFTP really sucks, it cannot transfer anything.

use ftp but im still very confuse on how it actually works.whats a cpanel?issit something like ftp but ftp being abit more advance or faster than cpanel?im still very confused xD

I'll make some of these things clear on your mind. FTP is file transfer protocol it is used to access your space at a server that provides web hosting. You are the client who uses a FTP software and access your space by entering your password and username provided by the web hosting server.Cpanel is the file manager wich is used in case if you have a small number of files that you need to transfer to your space. But it is slow because you can only transfer one file at a time on the contrary by using FTP you could transfer as much as you want of files at once.
I hope that this cleared the things you are confused about. If you have anymore question then just PM me.

I use SmartFTP. It's so qiuck and easy to use, i can set it up when i go to bed and when i wake up in the morning it's all been uploaded for me. My mate uses it aswell and he's a complete newbie at HTML and computer Programming so if he can use im assuming anyone can.

I prefer FTP tha the cpanel uploading method. It is so much easier and you can just leave the uploads and downloads. And the softwares are available online for free. you can easily remove and delete files as well. I only use the Cpanel when i am using another computer without FTP program.

use cpanel for php and myql ftp for everything elseI use filezilla its the only client I have never had a problem w/. I have full blown wsftppro and still use my free filezilla.

I use SmartFTP too. FTP is WAYYYY faster than the cPanel, and it lets you upload multiple files as easily as drag and drop. Everything in the cPanel file manager takes WAY too long, and it's overly tedious. I only use the cPanel when I can't use my FTP for some reason, or if I'm on another computer.

Prefer using ftp. I prefer using ftp desktop though as it integrates into your windows explorer shell and allows you to actually donwload or upload right from your windows explorer.

I dont think ive ever once used cpanel... so much easier to use a ftp program to do everything. upload, dload, edit, etc.and i use cuteFTP PRO to do it all. use it all the time its great :)

I tried once to use the CPanel one to try it out, but i always use FTP and i just use Dreamweaver to do everything for me. Man i love dreamweaver haha

Like Johnny, I use SmartFTP to upload my files especially when there is a lot of them. I just drag and drop the files into the directory and it starts to upload them immediatly. The only time I don't use FTP to upload files is when I am on a school computer and need to upload a file I need at home because I don't have FTP on there but I can still access the Cpanel. I do use Cpanel for anything that doesn't have to do with file managing of course but with FTP I can edit the files, upload, delete, move, etc; so I use that a lot.