xisto Community
amir691

Install Kazaa And Get $750 Fine

I would not install Kazaa on my computer anyway because it downloads so much spyware and malware on your computer. It's absolute garbage these days. Limewire no problems.I have Limewire installed to look for the kind of stuff the RIAA wouldn't think of publishing these days and I wouldn't find in a music store or online legitimate stores. Stuff the RIAA they are not telling me what software I can and can't instaLL ON MY COMPUTER.

From what I've heard, they are hunting down users of any program that shares files that should be paid for. They find out where you downloaded the program from like http://download.cnet.com/windows/ and they trace your IP address and can find you that way. Or I'm pretty sure they can do that. I did hear that if you use the program way to much they notice who is downloading a lot and start to find out your information.

I also think its pretty stupid, if they fine you for just having the program.. either way, if your downloading ofcourse you make it easy for them to find you, but also what about the program Limewire they have also been around just as long as kazza and morpheus, and a few others that were named on a post above,, for some reason i rarely ever here anything on lime wire and also i think its interesting that limewire is a file share program such as kazza and you have options to pay for upgraded servies for better downnloads and such..pretty cool i think.. tho it is still illegal to download content from it.. one more thing.. Sony shouldnt be backing anything like they have chosen to back against kazza.. if i remember correctly just before the new year 2006 Sony was in the news for having a spyware on its music cds and the consumers not even knowing about it.. but yet they think its ok to do that and then go back up the RIAA against kazza

See one of the big things is, how are they supposed to know when you install the program in the first place?But I think with the new Windows OS, Vista, coming out real soon it might change things in the P2P community drastically. It has this thing called Trusted Computing Platform that Microsoft as well as other big companies like Sony, HP, Intel, and all those people helped come with to help get rid of software piracy and other things. All this being hardwired in the equipment (meaning you cannot remove it without modifiying your mother board and stuff) they could probably tell when your trying to install a bad program. So if Kazaa happens to get blacklisted then we don't get to use it anymore if we have Windows Vista.But there are still some rumors going around by some top people in the industry saying that this might not apply to Vista in the end.

See one of the big things is, how are they supposed to know when you install the program in the first place?
But I think with the new Windows OS, Vista, coming out real soon it might change things in the P2P community drastically. It has this thing called Trusted Computing Platform that Microsoft as well as other big companies like Sony, HP, Intel, and all those people helped come with to help get rid of software piracy and other things. All this being hardwired in the equipment (meaning you cannot remove it without modifiying your mother board and stuff) they could probably tell when your trying to install a bad program. So if Kazaa happens to get blacklisted then we don't get to use it anymore if we have Windows Vista.

But there are still some rumors going around by some top people in the industry saying that this might not apply to Vista in the end.

well from the sounds of it looks like many will probably not evenwant to use windows vista if its not going to allow you to install certain programs, and if it does who wants to be tagged with having illegal softwares on their pc's.

that just makes me not look forward to using thre new vist unless a i get a new pc with just that.. cause every know and them i like to explore new programs out there whter they are legal or not and at times i dont know if they are illegal or not..

If the RIAA ever tries to sue you, you get insurance. For $19/year a company will pay the fines from the RIAA.

"Apparently, a company in Sweden is offering file-sharing insurance - they'll pay your fines if you're sued by the RIAA. The /. submitter translates the link as follows: 'For a mere 140 SEK ($19 USD) per year, they will pay all your fines and give you a t-shirt if you get convicted for file sharing."

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As long as you stay away from alot of those n00b type programs such as Kazaa etc then you will be fine. Bit torrent is the way to go and is just as simple. Anyone using Kazaa still really needs to catch up with the times.Even Limewire is better though not recommended.

some of you might be using limewire so if you use it too much you might want lower your usage because it could fine you some day. bittorrent is much safer.

How could using one P2P program not be as bad as using another? I know bittorrent might not be a P2P, but it's basically the same, right? So why's it safer? :)

Hi!A lot of the posters in this thread seem to believe that using torrents keeps your Internet activity anonymous. Irrespective of whether you use Kazaa, BitTorrent/BitComet or LimeWire, your computer would still need to connect to a kind of a directory service that maintains a list of other computers running the same P2P software. In addition, since every peer advertises the list of files it shares, the RIAA can determine if you are sharing material illegally.If, theoretically, I were running BitTorrent and I were to start a torrent download, I'd be able to see the IP addresses of all the seeders. The list is usually available right there on the screen!I don't mean to cause a scare, but that's just the way the Internet works - everything can be traced back to your IP address and, thus, your location.Regards,Nitin Reddy

yes its free for those who share documents and such but majority of those who use bittorrents arent doing it for that. they are downloading music and programs that cost thos who make it millions if not billion of dollars a year. do everyone a favor and dont even use anything and just buy the cd in store. because regardless of how u look at it. its illegal.