xisto Community
BooZker

The Reason Why People Get Drunk? Isnt there a 1,000,000 other things you can do?

The reason people get drunk, especially teenagers is because they want to feel cool and important, even when their teachers and parents are telling them that that is wrong and that they can only hurt themselves and there can be some serious consencuences for their health. Maybe for that we can blaim the parents, because they are the ones who allow their not so smart children to go out and do everything they want to. Or maybe people get drunk because of the reason they already are alchoholic and they just can't stop. But there are support lines and they might ask for help if they are opsest.

Well that do it usually to have a good night and join in with there friend.Other times they do it to forget there worries ect... Like a banker might be drunk quite a lot, They just do it to forget debt & Things they have seen like a young boy getting stabbed.

I also don't get it.i have never tasted beer in my life and has never smoked!The other thing that i noted is that the most successful people do not drink nor smoke as it keeps one's mind sharp and you perfom at your peak.

They say that an alcoholic person drinks:1. If something good happens to him, to celebrate,2. If something bad happens to him, to feel better about it, and3. If nothing happens, just to make something happen!I think it's funny but true. Drunkards always have a reason to drink.According to psychology, a person becomes a heavy drinker because he has a big background of bad things that happened to him/her. It's not just about liking alcohol, it's about their experiences in life. They want to escape from their reality.Some say that there's a sort of genetic predisposition if your parents were alcoholic, but I think it's not genetic. It's that you grow up watching that behavior and finally you -sadly- imitate it.

They say that an alcoholic person drinks:
1. If something good happens to him, to celebrate,
2. If something bad happens to him, to feel better about it, and
3. If nothing happens, just to make something happen!

I think it's funny but true. Drunkards always have a reason to drink.

Wow, that sounds like us!

I think youth culture these days is largely based around the classic 'sex drugs and [music]' and it always has been... There is something wrong to me about walking into a bar, using the bathroom, having a dance and not buying a drink to say thankyou for the good times. I have not (yet) had a hangover worth speaking of so I think that helps alot when your planning your night. After reading this thread though I do wonder if I should give it a bit of a break, since on my desk at this moment there is beer, cc&dry, woodstocks and malibu! :D

I think in the end though drugs are always about altering your personal reality to your liking, some people are just like that. The problems only arise when you become dependant on your drug of choice and can't see yourself as being capable of having a good time without it.

I considered, drinking for fun is a good think,I enjoyed it, but a lot of drunks that sit there and take down many bottles of rack, are idiots .We should aviod it,and suggest people to drink healthly.I hates people who was stoned ,they may do something very bad and unpredictable,which may bring huge destroy.Sincerely ! :Pgood luck to you :D

OK i'm not talking about having a glass of wine a dinner. I'm also not talking about people who have drinking problems. I'm talking about why do people decide to get drunk for fun?

My thoughts on the subject in no way coincide with the many "experts" who routinely change their stance on the matter. Have you noticed how Madison Avenue's propaganda changes month by month, year by year? They have their agenda, I have mine. I prefer my agenda, as it actually benefits me and not some greedy bio-tech firm. Several years ago, the "experts" told us women were not to induldge in the fruit of the vine. Wine was harmful for women, they said. A year later, they said one drink was ok. Two years later, two drinks are considered a very good thing for the fairer sex. I tend to make up my own mind based on what has worked in traditional societies, and what works for my individual constitution.
I personally imbibe on a daily basis for both health and residual benefit. Ok, I enjoy the stimulating buzz as well, and it's stirring of the creative juices - but aren't these also a boon to emotional heath and well being? Of course they are! We must get past this peculiar American (protestant) demonization of naturally occurring elements that can enhance and promote human potential. Any element can be abused, but why should I be punished because some idiot never learned how to handle the stuff?

This whole, "getting drunk" to get drunk phenomenon is also peculiar to American society, as some of us weren't fortunate enough to have been raised Catholic, where wine is actually included in the sacrament itself and introduced to children at the dinner table. I say, to hell with provincial amateurs who can't handle their drink. They give the urbane professional a bad name. Still, they are only seeking out an experience integral to human potential they were denied as youngsters by their well meaning, but misguided parents. If the reader of this post decides for some reason to procreate, please introduce your child to wine at the table at a young age, lest he become one of the unfortunate statistics spoken of by the topic-starter.

I suggest a fine work entitled, "Nourishing Traditions," wherein the author outlines humanity's historical relationship with alcohol, both as a food preservative, drink, and tonic - and why societies have traditionally fermented their beverages for ease of digestion and ultimate health benefit. There are also titles detailing why humans (and animals) will naturally seek out plants and tonics that alter their awareness (i.e, gets them "high"), but that is fodder for another topic....

non drinkerThe Reason Why People Get Drunk?

I don't drink any more I'm still younge but just not my thing.

I belive the reason people get drunk is...

1. To be like the others in the group

2. To drown the sorrows

3. Because it addictive and they need the taste.

-reply by Baby Foxdale

Hmmm... I drink, not to fit in, or becuase I'm addicted or depressed. It makes me do things I wouldn't otherwise do... Life is too short to be serious all the time, and I tend to have a **** load of fun when I'm drunk.. So, why not? whats there to lose that we don't already lose on a day to day basis.. Like the crap we eat, or the toxins we breathe.. Even just walking out your front door in the morning puts your life at risk.. So why not have fun and maybe have a few drinks in between?  

-reply by Chris

I personally drink for fun, to laugh and to relax from job, university and other problems, because while drinking you forget those things, get together with friends and do things you couldn't do while not drunk, it's not like I'm addictive, because when I need to do something, I just do it,while I know I can drink and tomorrow I don't need anything to do, I can drink :)Even though sometimes it may be that you drink to much and continue to drink the next day and miss something :D

To quote monty python 'I drink therfore I am', getting drunk varies from slightly intoxicated to so wasted you can't move.

But this seems to have occurred across history and all cultures have there own form of booze, so it seems to be in our gentic markers.

Even in the animal kingdom animals will all fruits to ferment to get nothing but wasted, so it seems that we may need it as a release.

The most common use for getting drunk is that of a social intermingling either to get lucky or gaing dutch courage to ask some one out. It also gives you a short feeling of well being, its this feeling (numbness in most cases) that gets some addicted to the buzz of geting drunk.

So its seems to be human nature that th use of alcohol is more of a release mechanism, but as most things it must be taken in moderation or else revenge is found in the form of the dreaded hang-over.

But if you ever want to hear the truth ask a child or a drunk...

I was reading another post where I got to know how to get out of bad habits like drinking. But the question remained as to why one would get drunk?I never drank but was in many parties where people would get drunk and forget who they are. Many of my friends actually got wasted and many were used. I couldn't make them understand that there was no need to get drunk and sleep with someone else or worse being used. Two of my friends slept with unknown people after being drunk. And in both incidents they were actually used. I really don't know whether they were pictured or taped but I won't be surprised if that was true. Needless to say being drunk is not a civilised behaviour.Why would get drunk is very difficult to say but there are various reasons starting from fun to hatered. Frustration and challenge are among others. It's okay to booze once in a while but to challenge that she can take many shots is different. Many times people get frustrated so much that they believe that their sorrow and unhappiness can be reduced just by drinking and then there is no limit. Some people forget that they cannot take too many shots at a time and therefore lose their control. At times people are so busy making fun and enjoying your life that they forget that it is a limit to decency. They forget that in the civilised world you need to have some shame.Most of people blame that they drink because they are too sad and do not find the reason to be happy about. They blame their inconsistency and inability to achieve and do something into the system and resort to Drinking. Strangely enough some would argue that leave one bad habit they need to have another. There may be some worser bad habits then drinking and to get rid of those bad habits they sought to being drunk. One of my friends ex-boyfriend was a drug addict, and to leave drugs he started to drink, and soon became a drunkard. However he was able to leave drugs.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

I think people get drunk just to get away from everything and to relax. Alcohol is a depressant so many people would probably just feel relaxed. I have many friends drink for the hell of it and just to have fun. but i also have quite a few friends who drink to forget. So there could be alot of reasons why people litterally get drunk. I personally dont drink so im all good :)

What happens when you are drunk?The Reason Why People Get Drunk?

I think people should ask themselves this question before their brain is working correctly and there is nothing wrong with them, What will happen to me when I drink alchole?

How many botles do I have to drink to over come my problems, because people drink just to forget the problems they have and afterwards, things get worse then before because you had caused death and took somebody's life away from them! driven while drunk.

I was watching a tv program called "Drphil" and there was  a lady who had caused a death to one of her friends while she was driving drunk. She, "the drunk driver" was 20yo at the time and the girl who was killed in fatal car crush was 16yo. She was picked from work and ofcourse was very tired and couldn't wait to get to her bed but unfortunatly went to the hospital's bed.

She, "the driver while drunk" surffers from that for 14 years, she's now over 30yo.

So what if she didn't drive while drunk, would that litle girl have been dead?

Would this girl live for the rest of her life in nightmares?

I, myself don't drink or smoke either bacause there is no need for me do things like that and no reasons at all.

I go to gym when I get tired of doing other things like, work, staying at home and spending time with family and friends.

I believe people could do alot with their lifes without taking the hard way.

Please think before you do a such a thing...

Cheers

this is the most retarded thing I've ever read in my life. First of all life really isn't too short at all, unless of course, you waste years of it doing things like "getting wasted" instead of bettering yourself as a person.  secondly,  if you're drunk, you're putting yourself at even more risk, from car accidents to alcohol poisoning, liver failure etc.  you can't use the argument "you might die tomorrow so let's increase the risk of dying", that has no logic to it at all.

-reply by retards