xisto Community
BooZker

The Reason Why People Get Drunk? Isnt there a 1,000,000 other things you can do?

In response to the question: "Why People Get Drunk"...

In social settings, alcohol makes the person feel more relaxed. It gives the feeling of a stimulant (puts people in this europhoric state) when it really is in fact a depressant.

Regardless, alcohol is a drug and like all drugs, can be addictive.

I have nothing against drinking. Heck, I drink a few every now and then myself. What I strongly oppose is irresponsible drinking and I believe that this is the main reason why people get drunk.

For a lot of people, having a drink or two at a party can really make conversing easier. It makes them more relaxed and less tense. But it is also during these 'social events' where people are most proned to getting drunk. Just a few quick examples:

-the person has already had a few too many drinks. they lose count of how many they have consumed. they keep drinking.

-dares from friends to have another

-birthday and other parties

-holidays and festivities

From personal experience, drinking plays a huge part in the university student's life. Most of the time students get drunk are usually times when they are among friends (or at least with somebody else). The whole, "It's Thursday! Let's get sloshed!" kind of vibe results from students wanting to take a break from their studies, to go out and have a good time. This in my opinion, is an absolutely horrible and irresponsible mentality.

By all means, have fun! But fun doesn't need to come with a hangover the next morning.

For people who drink just for the sake of getting drunk, there must be something wrong with their lives e.g. lack of motivation, no self-esteem, loss of personal integrity, depression... A lot of people think that drinking will take the pain away but in truth, it only adds more salt to the wound.

Why do you care if people get drunk? 90 percent of your statements are false as if you are the outsider looking in because you never got drunk. If you want to have a hangover thats your individual choice. This is what wrong with are country a bunch of opionated idiots.

The reason i think people drink to get drunk is...........SO THEY CAN GET DRUNK!!!!!!!!! enough with all the well they have crappy lives or they want to be cool thats not everyone more like teenagers. Take my case i work and go to school all week and im off on the weekends. Now if on the weekend i may have things that really need to get done around my house or i may have to help out a buddy or something of that nature then no time for drinking to get drunk i may have a beer or two. With that said, say I have an open weekend, well I dont know about the uptight people on this post but after a hard work week im trying to let go and get wasted with my buddies. We have good clean drunk time with friends, who are we hurting welllllllllll aparently everyones feelings who are stuck home on a sat night playing monopoly and typing on this post. Now if you say its iresponsible, you have know idea what you are taking about. Its iresponsible to get wasted and miss class the next day or work but if I want to have a hangover on my off day thats my choice. Now im not condoning alcoholics which is not a disease(whoever came up with that is just a sad person looking for a excuse) So what point that i was trying to get to(before all my rambling) is that if you dont like to drink thats ok. If you like to get drunk in a good setting then thats ok. Now I have no work today or tomorrow so im going to to my friends party and im drinking a ton of yuengling(best beer ever made in PA!!!) then im going to pass out on his couch because i do not drink and drive. wand sleep all day tomorrow thank you and good night.

Getting drunk is fine there is nothing wrong with it. i dont think drinking and driving is ok but who does. Now i just wanted you to know that Overweight people(obese) is the number one killer in the United States not alcohol. You should be telling people put down the burger and pick up a drink. Not telling them its sat night i dont want to drink because im going to the gym. nothing wrong with that to each his own. Now in 150 years when we are all dead im glad that i died knowing i had fun wild drunk nights meeting new people and i never new what was going to happen while you can look back on your dull boring douchy life. Cheers to that!!!!!!!

Getting drunk is fine there is nothing wrong with it. i dont think drinking and driving is ok but who does. Now i just wanted you to know that Overweight people(obese) is the number one killer in the United States not alcohol. You should be telling people put down the burger and pick up a drink. Not telling them its sat night i dont want to drink because im going to the gym. nothing wrong with that to each his own. Now in 150 years when we are all dead im glad that i died knowing i had fun wild drunk nights meeting new people and i never new what was going to happen while you can look back on your dull boring douchy life. Cheers to that!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? I have found myself in pubs and other social places etc and have managed to talk and meet with many new people without having to touch a drop of alcohol!! How can you possibly have a decent conversation when drunk anyway? How dare you say those who do not get drunk/or drink much have boring lives? Do you know our lives? My life has been pretty darn interesting so far I'm sure when I look back in the next 150 years I will take joy in knowing I had fun meeting new people without having to get DRUNK. I don't even need alcohol to loosen up.Gosh, do you have any idea how immature you sound!!!