xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fu Still Better

Should I Learn Html Or Php First?

Yeah, Most Deffiently go with HTML first. Its not as hard and you wil lfind out that you like it. PHP well its not as easy, ITs a bit better but not as easy and HTML s basicly the seed to PHP . PHP really is just a lsecond level of HTML. thats all so really you need to learn HTML first and when you kno HTML you will find that its pretty easy to learn PHP.

html is a lot easier to learn first. clearly, you should learn html to see how things run. learning php first would be like running before you learn how to walk. start small then grow. of course, if you are one of those people that likes to jump in head-first, you should learn php first. i learned html first then got bored with it and decided to branch off into other web programming languages.

Ok... Sorta confusing topic as you need to know basic HTML to be able to learn PHP. I would suggest, no, INSIST, that you learn HTML first. PHP will be easier and without knowing HTML you will have a hrad time implementing the PHP.

Really it is up to you which you go with. Some have said go with HTML first, then PHP.Honestly, if you're using something like dreamweaver, you will not need to know much HTML for the coding itself, but there are many similarities between the two as far as I know.In that, something that they neglected to bring up is that it depends on how you learn. Would you rather work up slowly, or do the hardest first?If you start with HTML, going up to PHP will be a little easier, but if you do PHP first, HTML will be like nothing to you.As a better example, take C++ and Visual C++. Learning C++ teaches you how *everything* works. But Visual C++ is much easier to learn, as you're not having to code the various parts, just the actual actions.In that example, C++ would be PHP and Visual C++ would be HTML.Or, you can do the beginning of BOTH and work through them at the same pace.You just have to experiment with learning on one or the other, or both, and then take it from there. Only you know what your best learning method is, :P.

You have to Learn Html because your first step on web design is Html then you can learn CSS, Javascript and Php respectively.

Umm, actually it does not matter at all which one you learn first. They are completely different from one another, and learning one will not help you learn another. I would say learn PHP first, because if you want to make money on websites, PHP is where you'll probably make the most :P

if you start learning HTML, you will learn XHTML, CSS, and javascript along with it. If you start learning PHP you will learn wait... i don't know what more, maybe only php. Anyway you need php if you want to make scripts like webpage counter, login or logout users, use databases...etc. Without html you cannot learn php , (not that they have something in common).

Edited by SofiaComp (see edit history)

HTML certainly.

Get good at HTML and CSS before you do any server sided programming, since it is essential.
There is nothing worse than a website with functions, but there is no design, theming or styling to it.

Take a look at my AJAX countdown timer - it only works in firefox (well, but IE works fine) but HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP are the best mix you can get.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Where should I start learning from for coding a browser based game?Should I Learn Html Or Php First?

I have prepare all the preparation of creating a browser based (text) game..The only thing I am confused was the programming and web developing..Where should I start learning from? As I know html is the easiest thing.. I have learned html.. But I seriously don't know which to continue..

after html, what should I need to continue to learn till I could code a full game? 

could someone lead me? for example, just tell me after learning html, which language come second to be learned, which language comes third and which language comes forth, fifth and so on till last..

thanks~ your help would be much appreciated..

-question by sHyuAn