xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lyubomyr

Alcohol Do you use?

Do you use alcohol?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alcohol... Who hasn't heard of it? You can get it from just about anything.Alcoholic beverages taste quite nice to a lot of people, being it beer, wine, spirits, or ''alcopops''. Truth is, alcohol can be addictive and can cause intoxication if used excessively.How do you use alcohol? :)

I drink fairly good, but only with friends, and on weekends... No way I'm gooing to drink alone...Sometimes, we get sooo wasted... :)

well you know what they say. Alcohol keeps the bad things away, cause you don't know it. Or at least thats what I heard. I drink prolly about once a week or so. I'm in college so that what I study on the weekends! It's fun if you know how to use it and when to stop.

Alcohol impairs your judgement, meaning you're at a higher risk to make even more regrettable mistakes. :) And if you listen to some former drinkers they can probably tell you that it's only a temporary escape. I had a pastor before who had once been a drunkard but through a relationship with Christ abandoned it utterly. He's talked about it before, and how people use it because it does work, but it's only a temporary escape. It might help you forget for a while, but it doesn't solve anything.As far as I'm concerned, drugs, alcohol, and even devoting yourself to sports or what might be considered healthy pursuits like a job, poetry, writing, etc... are only temporary escapes. They might help you deal with the pain but they don't solve it. I've found one thing that does eliminate it completely, and that's a relationship with Jesus Christ, one of the first things you notice is a clearing of all guilt from your conscience in a way you wouldn't believe. Ironically, there's a very real cure that works like no anti-depressant or drug or substitute of any kind can, and people refuse it despite evidence of the reality of Jesus Christ. I read about a psychologist before who said all he had to do was read Scripture passages to patients and that was often all they needed. But mankind has a tendency to avoid the simple answers to try and work things out on their own, which ends up being a complicated mess.

While I won't be of drinking age for a while, I believe I'll never like it. I hate the smell, hate the taste (I had wine in Germany for New Year's), and I hate what it does to people. If I ever do drink it, it'll only be a sip or so at parties or whatever. For novelty's sake so I won't seem like a modest humble ne'er-do-wrong person, which I'm not. (heck, I'm as flamboyent as anyone when I've had enough sleep)

wait till you've grown up young lad, just wait :)Since I can't stand the taste of alcoholic beverages with less than approximately 35% and refuse to buy the stuff myself, I drink only occasionally. But even though I drink it rarely, I've always got a bottle of Vodka or something alike around 'cause it's a great desinfectant in small portions (soak a piece of cloth with it and clean the area around the cut; my personal experience is a better healing process than when I clean it with water...)

Eww, alcohol, gross! I can't even stand the smell of it! I've never had any in my whole life and never intend to, no matter what anyone says. I'll be the responsible, sobre one driving all my drunk friends home after I've had nothing but some orange juice, that I brought to the pub myself. Yep. :)

I also not drink only on my birthday and that is today.Now often that will be very bad.I only drink one type alchol and that is Grolsch(beer).And further nothing , i don't love champagne.I don't love the smell of it.

Happy Birthday Guevara.Well, i have an uncle who knows to consume it by the slabs :)....but i don;t like drinking it either, i don't mind a few drinks here and there. I'll get smashed at my 18th in March and New Years, but other then that. No Way!Plus its illegal here until your 18 to buy it :D

I don't drink because I have seen what it can do to other people who do it. Most start out as the "casual drinker" but they almost always find themselves becoming alcoholics with serious problems. It impairs your judgement while your drunk which could cause you to do things to jepordize yourself or the people around you. In the long term, alcohol breaks down brain cells which can't regenerate and you eventually end up a shadow of your former self. All of these things keep me away from the stuff.