xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's funny u guys never mentioned Jet Audio and VLC. These two players are better than some of those u wrote about here. Although I think Windows Media is the best I have a lot of respect for iTunes and Winamp5. What I dont like about Windows is the issue of plugins codecs. I can play almost all filetypes with players like Quintessential, JetAudio, NeroShowtime etc but I cant play .wma with iTunes, flac with WMP so I choose to use the payers that don't care about industry wars like proprietary rights et al. I hate iTunes for chewing up my resources but there are a lot of thing the player offers that u can't get easilly in other playersI have a question for those who r familiar with this thing. How do I set it so that it organises my folders in terms of album artists(like WMP) not song artists. This kinda setup puts songs from the same album into different folders.

i am using KMPlayer! I like it very much. though the version is still 2.9.2.1100, it works perfect, at least for me. I tried some higher version of KMP, they are not working better for me ! so I would recommender KMPlayer, from Korea!!:D

VLC is the best choice for those "unknown format" clips that no other player seems to know. It's not the best looking, but it can play almost anything, even broken clips.As for an all-around good music and video player I recommend Jet Audio. It's light on resources, the audio quality is very good, it supports subtitles and reads all playable media if you have the right codecs.As for those in the poll ... none for me, thanks.

real player is by far the best. media player and i tunes and quicktime are so hard to use. real player is simple and effective. i always use realplayer.

you haven't mentioned gom player and vlc. they are great players as well but aren't as useful as realplayer. they don't have a library or burn or rip functions they are just great at player the video.

I am shocked and disappointed that VLC is not not in the list as a media player. It consumes very less resources and plays almost anything and everything.I have used plenty of softwares over the years like BS player and still occasionally use windows media player( i love it as well) but VLC is the king amongst all for meFor music i definitely like winamp classic still - I am too used to it to move onto anything else. More like a habitual situation in this case.:)A media player is not supposed to have burning, ripping options as most of you suggested, i use other softwares for those features.

Dear friend I personally prefer?Windows media player and Jet audioFor different obvious reasons. Basically I use jet audio only for the special sound effects in it.?And as you have not included Jet audio I should say you should use it once at least. As I said I only use it for some special recording and sound effects in it.?

I use Itunes purely for its compatibility with my Ipod. I do find it tends to use up quite alot of system resources. I'm interested in finding a replacement. Would winamp be a good alternative?

I like to use windows media player as it is more efficient (especially on windows computers) also it doesnt lagg compared to other media players. So its great to listen to music on media player whilst multi-tasking

Winamp is a good media player for AUDIO FILES. its greatest feature accorrding to me is global shortcuts and the mini mode which allows toolbar type skin and auto hide.For videos, best player is media player classic and vlc.(Why there is no pole for linux?)

Edited by chinmay (see edit history)