xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My media player of choice is Winamp - mainly because it doesn't take up a lot of resources. Both iTunes and Windows Media Player (11) are okay. One player I might want to try out is Songbird. Any testimonials from this one?

Edited by shigajet (see edit history)

I use Windows Media player 11 for all of my music. I have come to really like the library functions, although they are kinda incomplete, they still help you find you music.For my videos I mostly use Nero Showtime. It comes with lots of codecs which was handy.Windows explorer still opens my videos with WMP11 but it does not have good fast forward for movies, and does not handle DVD menus well, so I use Showtime more my movies.

Certainly, those are the most used applications apparently by any computer or electronic device these days.However, both have their own distinction and advantages.(WMP and Real).But, with the upgrades and the fetures with ease of use certainly give WMP11 an advantage.

Mine favorite media players are "Winamp" for the mp3 songs and Video lan (VLC) for the video songs. Its mine favorite because its give a variety of features, which are easy to find out, easy to understand and easy to apply. There for they are the favorite one. Also Real Player is another a good media player while using the internet, as its provide a wide features to the internet user. :P

I use J River Media Center. Its' startup is a bit slower than Media Player, but it is much more organized and it is easier to find your music. I must admit that Media Player has improved a lot. Media Player 11 is more organized and it does have a really cool layout, but Media Center rocks!

Videolan is the best media player. It is lightweight and starts quick and plays nearly every kind of media file. I have used media player classic and nero showtime too. While the classic was sometimes showing ablue screen instead of the video , showtime started very slow. Now there is another option for Vista users. Vista codecs is an appplication that allows you to play any media file with the built in windows media player. It does not use any other player.

I use WindowsMediaPlayer for videos mostly and winamp for mp3-s.I have tried bsplayer and some others too but since wmp was already in my computer i used this instead of bsplayer. i like it it's good.and so is winamp. i like the design of it and that i can have my own skins

I don't know what the best is, I use Windows Media Player though I might download SongBird someday. I just use it for music, so WMP serves its purpose. It did apparently come preset to synchronize its files to whatever MP3 player I connected to the computer, which took all my Napster stuff off and I had to put it back on, that was annoying.

I always use Windows Media Player. It comes installed with Windows, no stupid ads and it's fairly lightweight.I've only briefly used WinAmp as I found it difficult to get around, and I couldn't find many options for it.I really hate iTunes. It's slow to load, takes up loads of memory and is difficult to use. Also, it makes the iTunes process start up on computer boot, which is annoying.Real Player was good in the 90's, until they turned evil. Now it is similar to iTunes. It's incredibly slow, has tons of ads and automatically starts up when you don't want it to.I haven't tried any of the others, although I really liked Windows Media Classic. It's extremely lightweight, needs no install, and the only drawback is that you can't store albums, etc, which is understandable seeing as it's so lightweight.Cheers,Rob

Well the best player for music would have to be winamp modern and the best for Video would have to be the standard windows media player 11