xisto Community
Blue Lightning

Do You Like Being Given Injections And Blood Tests?

Do you like being given injections and blood tests?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hell no!!Im an athlete and my coach sends me for blood tests and so on to see that i have enough iron and B12 in my blood.But I totally hate needles!!I can still do injections tho, but getting blood drawn is not cool!!

I havent had an injection in ages so iv forgetten what it feels like but I'm having one soon. A pleasant reminder for me. I have weekly blood tests and they arnt really that bad believe it or not!

-reply by sami13

I've got a phobia of injections and will be having 3 this year.I'm absolutely terrified. I've not had injections for a very long time. I don't know how they feel.I get nightmares.And, I don't know how I can overcome my fear.-reply by NoneOfYourBiz.

It's not actually so bad getting an injection, in fact not bad at all.I like to see the needle going in and enjoy the pain. Come on, we are not small children!I have not got one in the past 5 years, but I was never scared, either of injections or blood tests

tell me who likes getting an injury??huh! what a silly question.Anyone on earth provided he/she is sane will say no to this question unless there is an emergency situation.Me being a doctor do not recommend unnecessary injections or blood tests.if at all any test is needed i would recommend a test done by tiny prick using a lancet.. i.e., rapid tests.there are other newer ways of drug deliverty systems now available like ocusert, tts etc

very well put by every one i.e., those against it.Even i dont like getting a shot but i do remember once i had to take a penicillin shot when i was young and it pained like hell.I had to take those for 3 consecutive days and thats my worst experience...I wonder if better ways totally replace the injectionsThe other part of the story is for lab investigations..This is inevitable and we have to go thro' this if a diagnosis is to be made....

I don't mind about injections, they don't hurt me much. But blood taking.... ouch! If doctors put your skin to sleep, and put an injection in, it won't hurt that much. I remember having one during the last summer holidays, before I was going on holiday. And I don't faint when I see blood, I'm just normal.

I don't mind them if it's just one simple shot or sample of blood, I actually enjoy watching the blood squirt into the flasks, i like blood :)but if it's an i.v. or any elaborate exam-- like that one when they measure the level of bloodsugar to calculate a curve for your insulin response, they have to leave a needle inside your vein for a longer time, it's not very pleasant because if the needle pierces the inside of you vein IT HURTS A LOT and if you're getting an i.v. and the liquids flow outside the vein it hurts even more, and the swelling stays there for a long time. So when I get an i.v. i hold very still so it won't happen again :P

Yea injections make me randy LOL! nah i really dont care about injections but bloodtest Omfg i rather die just the fact there syphoning ur blood out of ur body now u have less and its even more messed up that u can see it! i dont know about the rest of you but whenever i had to take blood tests i feel empty like they took to much blood out and im gunna die.lol i no its probably is just in my head but it really messes me up.

I don't really mind them. I prefer to get them over and done with. If Im sitting around waiting I just get nervous. So when we have injections at our school all the other people back away, not wanting to go first, and I march right in. Hah :)I used to have a pretty big fear of them when I was smaller. But I've gradually gotten over it. I try to think of which I'd prefer, suffering from the illness Im being protected from such as Cervical Caner, or have a little injection to pevent it from happening. Definately the latter!I dont really mind blood tests. If I have to have one, Ill just get it over with. I can't stand the little thing that you put over your finger, which pricks a little pin into the tip of your finger, which they use to measure your bloodsugar. They really really creepy me out! I'd much rather have an actual blood test than have on of those :P

I don't like it, but i don't mind if I have to. Recently I had given my blood to my grand father. No other person's blood was matched to him. Finally I had to go for blood test. This was the first time in my life. Really, I didn't like it at first. I thought it would be painful. But it was nothing. No pain. And after the tests, they told me that my blood group is O+ve.So I am universal donor. Since no others blood was matching I gave it. It just completed in 5 mins. But I vomited immediately after that.

Actually, umm .. no! lolI dont even like the idea of someone sticking me, for any reason at all.But sometimes, as much as we hate it, it is a necessary fact that we must endure the pain, humiliation and yes blood.I know several people who are type 2 diabetic and must endure needles everyday, not to mention the finger sticks to measure the sugar levels in their blood.My mother is one of them, and everyday for over 40 years she has had to give herself at least one shot.... in her stomach no less.At one point in time, for a couple of years she was on 2 different types of insulin, and required 3 shots everyday!Can you imagine how thick the skin is on her abdomen from enduring this for sooo long?But, she is alive this very day because of it, and I'm thankful for those daily shots!Love you mommy! :)

Do You Like Being Given Injections And Blood Tests?Do You Like Being Given Injections And Blood Tests?

it does not actually pain that much when an injection is being administered. It helps in fact to look at the needle going in and coming out and you will realize that it is not really that bad. It pricks only for half a second and the rest is smooth.

-reply by nkopterrific

If it is really needed to take injections and get few blood, I won't hesitate to do this because all I know is, it is for my safety and it is good to take this tests at least 3x a year ,if i am not mistaken. Those tests don't really hurt me compare to my first time test when I was a kid.:)