xisto Community
good-baby

Is It True Or Just A Weird Email ? hotmail ID can be freeze ???

3.) Don't tell your password to anyone. Don't ever use the same password for everything you register (I certainly don't do that). If you have trouble remembering each password, make a "password formula". For example, Xisto has the numbers 17 in it. You can make your forum password something like "17Trap||" and your Myspace password like "Sp4ceMy||".

DUDE! Stop telling people my passwords!

Simply put, make hard passwords. Use numbers letters and symbols in a sequence. It's easy to make a hard password, do something like this;

I like to eat peanut butter and 2 crackers.
Now take that and split it up like this;
ILTEPBa2C
First letter of each word, it's a hard one to guess to..

Yeah this is someone that has the password to your account. Their are a couple things that you can do to ensure that you're infromation that you have is not taken from you, like personal emails that contain something important from a loved one, credit card information, or something else that is vital to you.The first thing that I would do is to change the password of the account. Using passowrds that are complicated for someone to remeber are the safest way to go. When you make it choose something that contains both numbers and letters. For example One of these would be g8ajty5j1. But is you are too choose a password that is not mixed I suggest something like this 5296020873. Also if you are doing words, choose a word that is not in the english dictionary. Mainly because of the fact that their is a greatere chance that some person can sit their and find out the password that you have. One more thing hat you can do is make the password case sensative. Most websites make the passwords case sensative. So that is one more thing that you can do to ensure the safety of your password. Some other things that you can do to protect your email account is search for some secuirty settings. Most of the email providers seem to have some type of secuirty settings. These settings can range from the smallest things like have a filter so that you can weed out the messages and alll the other things that uoi do not want, to being somethig something that locks the computer that is logged on to and make it so that the only computer that can log into the account is the one that has either that IP Adress or either has the serial number of the computer that you are using. If you are the type of person that doesn't travel around alot or so then I would suggest that you use this type of setting. Some other bits of information that you cando is this. Personally I would tell you to get a newa email adress and not tell anyone that you have it. That is what I have done a couple of times. What you can do is keep the old email adress that you have and just set up a forward witht the email adresses. This way no-one will know that you have gotten a new email adress, and also it lets you keep the email that you have. You can also get a program like outlook express that downloads your email to your pc. This is something that is handy because I do not think that it requires the password more than once, even if it is changed. But I am not entirely sure about that. You could alaso try to leave a ticket with the staff that ork the hotmail help. BUt do not sit their and look for a contact number because their is not one for you to find.If all of the above information does nothing with you in search to sit their and make sure that your privacy is protected, then just send an email to the people stating that you have had a change in email due to problems that are out of your hand, and then close the email account. But remember that you should use this option as a last resort. If you forget something when you due this than you can put yourself in trouble and that would not be a good thing at all.Anyways I hope that you can use one of the suggestions to help you to make sure that the email account that you are using is protected.

Don't ever use the same password for everything you register (I certainly don't do that).

I got sick of remembering different passwords, so I use the same one for everything now. If someone found my Xisto password, they'd also have the password to my blog, 4 email addresses, 4 instant messenger screen names, my deviantart, my myspace, a ton of different forums, a bunch of online games that need a password, and my computer itself.

So good luck with that, guys. :rolleyes:

BTW -- I don't really care much for any of that stuff... my blog I can manually change the password for (and I'm tearing it back down soon), the email addresses get too much spam anyway, the im names I could use new ones anyway, I never use my devart, my myspace is getting boring, I don't visit half the forums I'm registered on, all the games I can just sign up for a new account, and nobody in the world is touching my computer. :lol:

The only real hazard would be Xisto, but that's easily fixed.

If you have any contacts listed on your hotmail account, contact them urgently, and let them know what has happened, and not to open any attachments from your hotmail account. The hacker could be sending a virus to your contacts!

yeh do what the people started above. change ur password immedately and make it very hard to crack ie. symbols, numbers and letters (both upper and lower case). this makes it extremely hard, maybe even impossible to crack when its at 10 characters or more. another suggestion is to switch to a different email server such as gmail. gmail has excellent spam protection and loads more space. i also find it easier to navigate and much faster to load. i've never been hacked before but it would be scary if it did... my gmail password is ten characters long which indeed includes symbols, numbers, and both lower and upper case letters. if it somehow gets hacked, i'd be dammed. ;o

Innocent-Devil, I don't agree with the last sentence of yours: ''if you use gmail you wil never ever have such sort of dammn Problems'' because if someone knows how to hack than he can hack any email including an email hosted by Gmail. My friend is a very smart hacker he told me that. Also he learned me how to freeze accounts but , honestley, I never used it and I never hacked to anyones email. So good-baby don't feel afraid you are not alone. The only thing you can do is to stick with Dooga's Advices, she really gived the most important precautions you can get ot avoid being hacked again.

Unfortunatly I dont think your freind taught you how to make coherent sentences. Regardless of what some have said I think Gmail is not neccesarily safer just merely better.
I think the most important thing as far as making a pasword is being sure to include lots of numbers as well as letters. You dont have to have a 10 digit password to be safe just make sure it has various symbols and letters mixed in.

Why would anyone bother anyway, the average person isn't going to have anything personal sitting in HotMail (I Hope), just the words hot and mail together make me shake with fear.

sounds like maybe afriend jacking with you or maybe an ex girlfriend

Dear last night a very strange and very disgusting thing happend to me .It so happened that last night i tried to SIGN-IN my hotmail id using messenger , bet every time when i tried to sign-in
I recieve a message off INVALID password . I just tried to sign-in in my Inbox but this time i recieved a error page that your account is temperarly unavaiable.
I tried much but in vain . I just think that there may be some problem in my internet .I tried to sign-in with my other ID this time with other ID i was sucessfull . then i just tried with the previous id but i was
continuously recieving the same errors . What i can do i just think that might my id be HACKED
then next day i tried to access my inbox this time i get into my inbox .
Now the strange think to me was that i was having an ANNYNIMOUS mail there . i read it . there was written that ,
not to be so panic this is just a show of my power and mind to you . Last night there was no problem with your ID , I just FREEZES your id .
that was the reason you was unable to access your id . Now if i want , i will permemntly freez your ID . < bula.bula.bula>"
That was a really strange and awfull thing for me . now i was thinking that IS that was true ot it was just a WEIRD email.
so please tell me is it possible .... Or how can i protect my ID.
please help me !?

Notice from Johnny:
Keep quotes quoted. Your hosting credits can be docked otherwise.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

Hotmail IS NOT secure in the slightest. a *relatively* close school district had their administrations hotmail accounts hacked repeatedly by a co-worker. BTW there are scripts online for all you little script kitties to play with that will allow access. I do not support any action of the sort nor the "frozen" account thing. Seriously it's not that hard to get into ANY hotmail account and you should move to a better service

While Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, all offer an unneccessary amount of space in the email, it is still wise for most people to delete email (or archive it and burn it onto a CD or some offline removable storage device) so that even if your email password got changed, you can still change all the passwords and emails of the services you use online. Without extra email in your account, it is less likely for people who know you less to find out what kind of forums you register in, what kind of services you use. Most services have a "forgot password" feature, but if you change your email in time, everything is fine.A good email would be your ISP's email, provided that you won't suddenly change your ISP. A paid hotmail account will also work, since they can personally identify you.

Safety first.I hope you find this post useful, if you're using hotmail.There have been many exploits on hotmail, I was reading about a few last saturday or sunday. Really, if you want to keep your email, just move to another provider, If needed, I will send you a gmail invitation, or even more if you want to invite your friends or family.I really feel more secure with gmail, no more annoying ads or safety glitches, I let the professionals do the work for me.If you need a gmail invitation, send me an email to robert.isoskiNOSPAM@gmail.com and remove the NOSPAM.Good luck with everything.

Edited by WiZ (see edit history)