xisto Community
amit nigam

Can There Be More Than One Universe?

Universe : Single or Infinite !!!!!!!!!!!  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i have voted for yes.and i am sure there would be billions of more universes here but many light year far from us and also there would some near but in different dimensions.as albert Einstein said that there is another universe running parallel to us but at different dimension so it would be possible that there is universe around us

Our Insignificance in the UniverseCan There Be More Than One Universe?

Men in black give a good perspective of relative sizes.  Remember the creatures in the locker, they were in their little world.  I believe there might be many out there or ours is just a game created by God, who knows...Just think about how insignificant we are in this universe, yet we continue to fight amongst our selves for power, religion, land, oil and everything else.

Um dogeater008 you are actually wrong a theory is actually  a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory" which means that if it gets proposed and put down for lack of evidence it becomes a theory not an accepted truth.

-reply by spazm14

One Universe = Many PerspectivesCan There Be More Than One Universe?"The complete Universe/existence/Reality can be defined/described as the sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd (9:02:10)Only that which is perceived (can) exists.All that exists is perceived to exist.We are (Conscious) Perspectives (Souls). By definition, all Perspectives are unique.There are many 'Perspectives' (us); One 'Consciousness' (the "Ground of All Being" - Copenhagen interpretation of QM).The First Law of Soul Dynamics tells us that; "For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - (op. Cit.)Everything exists!There is but one Universe to perceive, it is just vaster than any one of us can possibly perceive. (Yet we argue over who's perceptions are 'right/correct' regardless of 'context'!)All Perspectives are, by definition, limited (to one extent or another).So, only in the sum-total of all Perspectives can the Universe be entirely known.Everything is true!-reply by nameless

Do you believe there can be more than one universe? No - that's how I voted. And that is my opinion. I don't really know the answer to the question.When negative numbers were first introduced, a lot of people didn't believe that was correct and most people would have voted no at the time if there had been polled. So I could be in the wrong camp. I am not sure it is smart to be in the "no" camp. But I would wait for more facts to suggest that there is more than one universe to show up before changing my opinion.I understand the logic behind particle - antiparticle and universe - antiuniverse. I tend to think that simply extending that logic to the universe (uni = 1) is highly risky. Universe is supposed to include everything by definition. I don't understand the physics related to this topic enough. I was told many years ago that Einstein suggests that everything in our universe moves no faster than light does while everything in the antiuniverse moves no slower than light does. I think it's a highly risky suggestion. Being a layman for the physics, I doubt that light is the fastest in our universe, I doubt that people can time travel, ...Maybe I am totally wrong or have been ignorant. But I think what we know is that we haven't found anything that moves faster than light does. We don't know that nothing can ever go faster than light does. Saying light is the fastest is experience-based is just like the Newton physics is experience-based - and only works at low speeds. I don't know for sure that Einstein physics is absolultely correct. In fact, I have read somewhere that another physicist has written a book about a different physics that can explain more phenomena than Einstein physics does. Any part of the Einstein physics that has not been proven is not necessarily correct.Similarly, I am not sure time travel can happen. If you can go faster than light does, you should be able to view what has happened in the past. But it seems to me that one cannot go back in time to participate in activities that have already happened in the past. I believe that is a big distinction. You might be able to view what has happened, but you cannot take part in it or influence what would actually happen.That said, it is good to keep in mind that another universe might be reality, esp. if you conduct research in the area. I don't believe it does exist until more evidence shows up.

Well, as everything is usually in hypothesis and theory, there will always be several camps and facts which theoretically deny each theory and etc. Eventually, I think it depends on the form of the universe, there might be several universes, but in my opinion, for us human at this level it isn't relevant, as universe is so big, it's enough to know there is one :)We can't yet even reach another star yet, but maybe with time and work, it will be possible some day? Theoretically, watching different discovery/science channels, reading some articles, a lot of what seems "amazing" :DJust wanted to add my two cents.

i actually think soCan There Be More Than One Universe?I believe that theres another universe somewhere but we will never be able to reach it. Rather, (most of you wont agree) we, if we do find one, use a blackhole or wormhole that lets us travel to another universe. The universe could be the exact same (replica universe) oppisite universe or somewhere inbetween. I also believe that there is more life in the universe we know of. If u didnt notice theres trillions of stars. Stars could have more planets orbiting them. Who knows there could be life on the closest galaxy to us.-reply by Ryan

As far as i know ... according to the BIG BANG Theory (explosion - implosion) the Universe is currently expanding and will keep expanding up to the point of scattered atoms where "nothing" tangible would exist and then start to implode back to a single particle.As far as the number of Universes... sure... there's an infinity of them given by every quantum choice available. Quantum physics is only begging to imagine what we're dealing with over here and all sorts of theories such as the string theory. I warmly recommend "What the bleep do we know" documentary. That's were i picked up most of this info. Have a great day,Sebastian

In my opinion there can be multiple universe. And we may be one of the smaller ones, who knows. There are various reasons to say so starting from science, astrology to religion. Going to religion if we were to have a rebirth then where do so many people come from with the ever increasing population. And if humans are transformed from some other species are animals can this also is true that animals are not dying as rapidly as humans are growing. So where does the spirits come from naturally from outside this universe.And astrology says that there are many stars and constellations which influence our lives. It didn't however mention that some planets and stars are a few light years away from us in any yet their effect is instantaneous. If stars and constellations light years and light years away from us can influence instantaneous then definitely how is it possible that two persons born at the same time almost at the same place have complete different life course. The answer actually lies in the fact that few constellations and universe is having more influence on one person then another. These universe is the far-off give instantaneous results.And not to leave science far behind as all the calculations and mathematics will be pointing to one thing that there are forces beyond this universe which helps to maintain the stability in our universe. We always heard that expansion takes place only when external energy is putting to that material. Our universe is rapidly increasing gradually and definitely the energy into our universe is coming from outside and that is from some other universe . Had this not been true than how is it possible that there is something beyond our universe and not is not another universe itself.

Our universe is so big and we haven't explored even a millionth of a millionth of .......... part of it. We have not gone anywhere outside our own solar system.

Yet some scientists, in which there is greatest among the greats Sir Einstien also, believe that there is more than one universe in which we can go by passing through a worm hole.

It is quite an intriguing topic and once you start studying about it you go more and more deep into it.The logic behind this is, "though there are mathematical models also but i m talking here in our day to day general language", that every particle has its antiparticle and extending that logicto universe scientists conclude that there must be an antiuniverse to every universe.

Some even suggest that to every universe there must be a universe in which similar kind of things must be happening but the direction of time must be reverse, that is my anti- in the universe which will be corresponding to our universe will be born old and die as a child.

Also about time travel it is written that if we travel around the event horizon of a blackhole we will reach back in time but not in this universe but our corresponding universe.

These things quite puzzle me very much. I m posting this so that i can have views and any interesting facts on this topic which is so exciting and mind-blowing.

Do write.

Bye Pals.

OK lets see if this comes out how I'm thinking it... If the big bang was caused by a gigantic star going hypernova and was fueled by the neutrons created in side the core witch then exploded causing the big bang then surely there must have been something before the big bang to create the star in the first place all the ingredients have to of come from somewhere right?

if there is an anti-universe to every universe as there is an anti particle to every particle. And if there was more than one universe or universes than there would be a series of universes. Than isint there this giant space that holds all of these universes including ours. That we have yet to be able to explore, it would take a series of generations no exlplore all of this space. There can be another Earth if there is an anti universe. The more you think about it, it becomes bigger, than your mind gets filled with "what if questions".

Our universe is so big and we haven't explored even a millionth of a millionth of .......... part of it. We have not gone anywhere outside our own solar system.

Yet some scientists, in which there is greatest among the greats Sir Einstien also, believe that there is more than one universe in which we can go by passing through a worm hole.

Einstein didn't say that (nor did he believe it as far as I know).It is true that there is a rype of wormhole (Einstein-Rossen bridge) with his name - but lots of things to do with Relativity take his name - whether he agreed (or was even alive) or not. He did discover this possibility in the theory, but whether he thought it was actually possible or not...I doubt it.

It is quite an intriguing topic and once you start studying about it you go more and more deep into it.The logic behind this is, "though there are mathematical models also but i m talking here in our day to day general language", that every particle has its antiparticle and extending that logicto universe scientists conclude that there must be an antiuniverse to every universe.

Some even suggest that to every universe there must be a universe in which similar kind of things must be happening but the direction of time must be reverse, that is my anti- in the universe which will be corresponding to our universe will be born old and die as a child.

Some misconceptions here.

It MIGHT BE that every particle has an antiparticle, but not so far as we know.Baryonic matter does have equivalent anti-particles, but do the force carriers? Dunno...

There is no reason to suppose that anti-universes exist - why would they? Antimatter was produced at the time of the big bang so it therefore existed in this universe. The best theory we have is that the antimatter in the universe annihilated with matter (antimatter + matter = photons) and that there was a slight asymmetry (ie slightly more matter than antimatter) so what we see in our universe is what was left when 99.9999% of it annihilated itself just after the Big Bang.

(This would also explain why there are approximately 1 million photons for every particle of matter....)

I think you are confusing two different theories. There IS a theory that there are infinite universes, but this comes from quantum physics, not from Einstein's work on relativity.

Have you heard of Shroedinger's cat? The multiverse theory is one possible solution to that apparent paradox.

Also about time travel it is written that if we travel around the event horizon of a blackhole we will reach back in time but not in this universe but our corresponding universe.

These things quite puzzle me very much. I m posting this so that i can have views and any interesting facts on this topic which is so exciting and mind-blowing.

Do write.

No this is wrong. If you travel around the event horizon nothing special happens. Time travel is produced by extreme speed or extreme gravity. As you CROSS the event horizon (and can no longer escape) you are accelerated very rapidly by the huge gravity. When two things move at different speeds, both of them see the other slow down. Therefore an observer would see you get to the event horizon and stop, as you accelerated close to the speed of light. You would be stuck at the event horizon for an observer but your own 'clock' would run normally and you would not notice anything strange - you would quickly 'spaghettify' - the difference in gravity between feet and head would stretch you out like a piece of spaghetti, killing you very quickly. Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

I don't know much about this and I have done very little research but my opinion is that the only full explanation is that before the Big Bang there was nothingness - no time, no energy, no life, no beings and every billion or so years there is a big bang and a new universe is made and that we are just one of many massive universes created from this land of nothingness which is god knows where - perhaps through a wormhole or perhaps its non-existent to us now. The biggest question in my opinion though is 'What was before the big bang?'.

I do not believe that this question is answerable at this moment due to the fact that we have not even explored 0.0000000000000000125% of the universe that we reside in. If I were to make a logical guess to whether there are more than one universe, I would say that it would be impossible. I cannot see how there can be two universes. How would it be possible to get across from one to the other. Unless there is a way for the universes to connect to each other, I doubt that there could be such thing as another universe. Even if the two universes can be connected to each other, wouldn't that just mean that they would be considered one universe? I mean, it is hard to imagine another universe when we cannot even imagine the size of our universe.