xisto Community
rldowling03

Using Mobile Phone As A Modem Does any1 do this? And can you help with my problems

Does anyone know about EDGE? I am in thailand and I had a LG 7200 (the one that looks like the camera) and the network I was on at the time (it was orange but now it has been bought by true and changed to true move) were the only one experimenting with this. From when I did manage to hook up to this method, it went like a bat out ok hell compared to a normal mobile connection.Anyone had any success with this in any other countries?

it is good to use the mobile phones as modem but the major draw back is the mobile battery will be drained quickly and you sould be in good network coverage region otherwise the speeds will be very slow.

I was thinking about trying this, however I wasn't sure if my phone (a Motorola E815) could pull it off, and I wasn't sure if it would be free either. Anyways, it would be very useful for use when no Wifi Server is present for my Laptop to connect too.

dude same question.i have a Nokia N95 withvodafone in australia nd i get free 3G and hdsma and i would like to know the configeration settings for my asus A6J laptop.i've tried and failed because it is technically free internet.so please tell me what it is please

for the mobiles provided by the connection providers like vodafone, Tmobile and others you can access the gprs or 3G in the mobile fone only you cant able to access the connection using your pc or thru laptop, this is the same fault happen to one of my friend and we got flashed the mobile and updated with new version of the firmware and later it got connected , the main reason is the connection providers alter the firmware of the mobile for not to use the connection with their pc's or laptops

I once saw a store selling this thing that had a small speaker and a small mic on one end and the other end was a telephone cable, so you could connect your comp to the internet over your cell phone. Actually it was a long time ago, so probably wasn't for cell phones, it was probably for pay phones :P Anyway this sounds like a great idea... I've always wanted to try it. :D

I've been trying to use my T-mobile wing as a modem but for some reason my laptop just can't read it. Do I have to install the windows Mobile CD that it came with to make it work??P.S.Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but it would kind of seem like spam if I posted another topic about it.But other than that I don't know how to fix your problem. (I can't even get mine to work as a modem >.<)

Yeah i have used my Nokia 6610 as a modem in my phone. It is was an amazing business phone once upon a time. It has got a GPRS modem. This is the highlight of this phone. The java support of this phone is bit small. It support only MIDP 1.0. This phone has got Infrared support though it did not work properly for me to use it as a GPRS modem. You can use this phone as a GPRS modem when you officially buy a original Nokia CA-42 cable or DKU-5 cable to use this phone as a GPRS modem. I have used this phone for the past 5 years and this is the best phone i have ever used in my life thought it is not very feature rich compared to current high end mobile phones and smarthphones in the market.

HMM that is cool that you can have free internet access to the informations should be free and people should have free internet access but we will not see this some more time until then let's try to soleve your problem about cookies.I assume as you said that you are using proxy to access certain pages that you should chack what kind of proxy server it is and whther it allows yours informations tat are coming to it to be sen donwards or not if they are not allowed then you should find another proxy because this is the main reasons why you cannot read web sites that require cookies they cannot be transfered to your computer.Also it would be nice that your network allows all web sites as in my personal and humble opinnion your network administrators are blocking certain sites for viewing and this is the reasons why you cannot access some of the sites.Good lcuk with browsing.

I wanted to connect to internet with mot v360 and laptop.. using xp and motorola phone tools it connected me the first time to my blog but later it didn't allow it..It kept saying the server wasn't available (although I was connected) and also This Page cannot be displayed.. -Cois

the guy actually said it was free so to some extent neither the connection speed nor the limitations are obstacles in using it, perhaps your nerves and if u are willing to pay to get more confort than there are other possibilities, but one laptop in the countryside or the one u take on vacation would really use that one.

free :):(:(
will we have 4 mb free in egypt after that etch 1 mb caust 1 LE

but how fast can you get with this compars too dile up speed ?

i think that the maxmum of 4 mb is lemted from the ceel phone compny it self

free internet

Using Mobile Phone As A Modem

Hi,

I m from India, I don't know weather your technique can be used here in India, but I m interested to use it. So if possible kindly tell me the procedure for using free internet.

Thanks & regards,

Milind.

-reply by milind.Lg at yahoo.Com

yeah i use my phone as a modem for downloading music, reading emails, going onto prodigits, coming on ere, updating my website and lots of other things. And i don't really care about the speed it's free so who would knock back the cance to get free internet as long as they wan't? Speeds are good compaired to my dialup i've got at home, i get about 8kb/s on my phone wen downloading and on my dialup it's about 6kb/s so it's good.

yeah my sony erikson w880 does the job i downloaded 14.5 GB with it last month

connection is kinda slow but i dont overpay for it eather 20$/mo