xisto Community
Reaper

Amd Vs Intel see which brand of processor is more popular

Amd processor or Intel processor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nowadays i choose AMD, mostly because of the price but also AMD seems to perform better than the Intel equivalent.Reliability is something i cannot fault Intel on. I still have an old Pentium 120 that works without issue. Ok it runs Win95 still and has a whopping 32MB ram to keep it honest but it still works. 1 point for Intel. :blink:

Edited by springbok (see edit history)

I haven't really come across many Amd processors before although I have heard of the Company name.I prefer to go for the more well known companies, therefore, I use an intel pentium processor. There is nearly always an advert on the television or in the newspapers / computer magazines.I may try Amd in the future though, as it seems to be becoming more popular nowadays and is very cheap in price compared to some of the intels.I'd imagine that both of the processors have their advantages and disadvantages.

well AMD has rissen to fame and fortune quite fast. Once they were cheap processors (still good tho) in cheap pc bundles, . . . now their right ontop in-terms of power and value, beating almost every equivelant intel chip.Its not to say intel arn't good. . .. jsut that AMD are simpyl better at the moment generlly.Most ppl will recognise Intel as a bran before AMD, simply because Intel is far more commercial and has mroe ties and deals with cheap pc Bundle providers, which leaves AMD to the ppl who know more about pcs to see the advantages of AMD. . . . and sicne this is an internet forum its not surprising that AMD is beign voted as most popular. . . . i'm pretty sure if the same questio nwas asked o nthe street most people wouldn't even know what / Who AMD is :lol:

AMD is just the proven better processor. Since most the middle to high end AMD processors are 64-bit, they will be ready for the next generation of software. If you use an AMD Athlon 64 or higher, and you know a lot of the applications you use are available in 64-bit form, you should think about upgrading to Windows Pro XP 64-bit Edition. Suppose to really bring out the beast inside of your AMD Athlon 64 and higher. From my experiences working with P4's and Athlon 64's, the Athlons can crunch more data faster than any P4 I have seen.

well i think both processors are good, well i dont exactly know what is exactly the difference, i sue my computer for flash programming purposes and well my celeron procesor has been a good allied in this.My doubt is what makes AMD processors special from the rest and what makes Intel processors special from the rest?...there are many more porcessors out there...of course less known due to the popularity of Intel or AMD..well my question is, i have a 566 MHz celeron (yep intel) processor and i have been working with no much problems at all, it never stucks or freezes the computer and it can handle the latest applications such as Maya and Swift 3D (i used it more) and of course my dearest flash 8....in contrast my brother's computer is a 2.7 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor and being honest it stucks the computer maaaaany times, for example when opening flash applications the fan starts going faster and then a blue screen appears saying something about the HD, i personally hate that computer behavior....and i havent tried any pc with AMD processor but if someone can answer my doubt if it stucks or something... if it does... <_< well i think i will need another choice before buying a computer with certain processor

i personaly dont know i use what ever i have lol...they run about at the same price for the same stuff while i belive amd is better for gaming than intel but i dont know...all the computers i have are intels (they came that way)but with the new computer i want to build im thinking about going with amd but ive gotta do a little bit of reaserch

I have an old intel P4 now, but I'm going for a major upgrade in a few months and I'm definetly going to buy and AMD. They might have lower clock speeds but they have better performance for games :)

Whoa!!! When i saw the results of this pool, i just fell of the chair! 16 users using AMD?!?!! Well, nothing strange, i prefer AMD too. Personally, i dont care of procesor brand, i just need it to work. I heard that AMD is much warmer processor. True? But performance is just great. :)

Lots of people say a lot of things about AMD vs. Intel.And personally most of the time the testimonies are completly biased one way or another. AMD has the better Video Game performance like most gamers will tell you. But when it comes to pure application speed Intel can beat an AMD chip with one hand behind it's back.Intel chip have a longer pipeline in the core, which is why they have such higher clock speed than AMD, these pipelines help make programs excel and stuff work a lot better because it doesn't have to continually dump information and pick it back up. AMD has those short pipelines which makes dropping info off and picking it up again easier. But many times Intel chips are hotter because of the higher clock speeds.

Edited by Gondero Werkus (see edit history)

I have an Intel processor and I hear too that AMd is better, but personally I'm better off with this because it was where I spent my money so I must be satisfied.

I saw this video on tom's hardware about heat emergencies of both processors and I found the video quite interesting. It shows the effect of removing the heatsink while the computer is on.

You can check it here (scroll down the page if you want do download the video): Tom's Hardware Processor Heat Emergencies

well... i used to own an AMD duron 700mhz, it worked very well for a few years (i feed it with 900mb of ram). Just about last week, i upgraded it to a 1.7ghz Pentium 4 processor (got it from my teacher), and yesterday i just bought a 512mb ram stick for it; the computer now works pretty fast. I can't really say wheather which one is better than t he other because they have different modells that do different things. AMD now has a duel core processor just like intel, but i guess for now i would probably stick with intel because the duel core model for AMD is pretty expensive while you could get it for less with intel.

Well it's also been documented (via Tom's Hardware) that the two have one distinct difference that is interesting and that is Start Up and long term performance. It's been shown that when you start up your computer with an AMD CPU your computer tends to work really well, speed wise, a the beginning and the longer you leave the computer running without turning off the lower quality performance you get from your CPU. But with Intel it's just the opposite, you start up your computer and it works kind of crappy like for a little while until you leave it on for awhile and it's performance gets better.Now obviously it's not a huge difference in quality or it's be everywhere in the news and stuff. But there is a difference.