xisto Community
kevlar557

French Fries With The Condiments Inside

I had this idea since I was a kid. You take a french fry, put the ketchup inside the french fry so you don't drip it when you're driving. I think it would be the greatest thing to ever hit the food industry.

Well, there are some minor problems with this one. First is...what if the french fries break, wouldn't it spill all over your shirt? Also, people allergic to ketchup, what a nasty situtation the'll get themselves into. I love ketchup, but I don't like when you put too much inside. When you put the ketchup inside the french fries, that'll be too much for me, and will degrade in my scale.

How'd you cook the french fry? That'd be really nasty. And you always get those soggy frys, that'll just break alllll over your lap. A lot of people don't like ketchup also, so there's another downside.

everything i have to say has allready been said....deep fried ketsup...lol nasty!! and next to the fact have you ever let s frie sit in ketsup tooo long?? and if you have it came out soggie yes? YES!! lol i personally would much rather dip it in the amount of ketsup i want, and have them hot, fresh, crisp and clean right off of the oil..

You meant ketchup caged within the fries? Wow that's really nice idea. The fries then would have to be specially made. And the ketchup would be as hot as the fries. If this method really works, we could have fried ice cream also, where the bread crumps gets fried while covering the freezing cold ice cream.

It wouldn't work. Firstly as the people above have said, the chips would go all soggy and also, it would be really expensive to have to make two seperate batches of chips. (you can tell i'm british here!)

You meant ketchup caged within the fries? Wow that's really nice idea. The fries then would have to be specially made. And the ketchup would be as hot as the fries. If this method really works, we could have fried ice cream also, where the bread crumps gets fried while covering the freezing cold ice cream.

I'm sorry to disapoint you budy, but the "fried ice cream" idea, is actually made and served in many restaurants. :P It's actually pretty good. But going back on topic, french fried with ketchup would be nasty, very nasty. Bad idea. :)

They're called bibs. :)I think it would be weird, because one, french fries have potatoe stuff of them, secondly, cooked ketchup?!Are you mad? I've tasted cooked ketchup before (accidentally =/) and BLAAARRGGHHHHH. Nasty.Tastes like... cooked ketchup.

Whoa hold on... I was thinking about the similar idea way back in 80's. Yes folks, I am that old... :)Here's what I had until the faithful day...when I burnt my mouth. What if the ketchup can be made with something solid? And when fried for certain period of time it sort of melts but cools quickly? I had this idea when I was eating mozzarella sticks (or also known as cheese sticks where mozzarella sticks are covered with bread crumbs and deep fried). Huh? Sounds possible? Well I hold a patent to gluten agent that can bond with ketchup but I can't get ketchup to behave similar to mozzarella cheese when deep fried. Any chemist out there?

Not saying that this ever happens anywhere... *Cough*McDonalds*Cough* but, if you did happen to be deathly allergic to ketchup and they had two batches of fries and mixed them up when giving them to people....... Things would probably get a bit messy, so to speak... Also, if you were allergic and didn't know it and ended up with one.... But that could happen with anything. I just don't like ketchup though, not your fault. I just think no.

(you can tell i'm british here!)

it's better than calling 'm shoestrings

Not saying that this ever happens anywhere... *Cough*McDonalds*Cough* but, if you did happen to be deathly allergic to ketchup and they had two batches of fries and mixed them up when giving them to people....... Things would probably get a bit messy, so to speak... Also, if you were allergic and didn't know it and ended up with one.... But that could happen with anything. I just don't like ketchup though, not your fault. I just think no.

gee....let the guy dream. i mean if pizza hut can put cheese in their crust, some maniac can put catchup in a frenchfry. this guy is going places i can tell.

what i would like to see invented is a frenchfry inside a frenchfry. that way when someone bites in to it and notices that something is inside and tries to sue because they were allergic to whatever was inside that frenchfry, we can just say "it was just another french fry dummy". i would love to see the look on the guys face.

Well, you know if you were really desperate to put ketchup inside of a french fry so it wouldn't get on you, why not use a special syringe with a needle big enough to inject ketchup? That way you can just inject the ketchup right into fry and not have to worry about frying the ketchup and all that mess. Although, it would be a long tedious task, but it would also be simple and cheap at the same time.

I had a better idea, since two years ago I had this Idea in which i would open up a hot dog sausage and fill it up with cheese and some how closing it back again and then heating it. I had long forgotten about this, and thanks to your article I remembered and Im going to experiment until I actually make it, thanks.About those fries, I think it would be a better idea to inject the ketchup with a syringe into each of the fries, but the fry would probably still be hot warming up the ketchup, and I dont know about you but I think that warm ketchup is gross

I had a better idea, since two years ago I had this Idea in which i would open up a hot dog sausage and fill it up with cheese and some how closing it back again and then heating it. I had long forgotten about this, and thanks to your article I remembered and Im going to experiment until I actually make it, thanks.
About those fries, I think it would be a better idea to inject the ketchup with a syringe into each of the fries, but the fry would probably still be hot warming up the ketchup, and I dont know about you but I think that warm ketchup is gross

Don't they already have cheese in a hotdog?

The inside of the french fry is just too small for my ketchup needs. I litterly soak my french fries in ketchup lol. But i admit, its a cute idea. Also when i think about it though, i just picture biting into a french fry and it like squirting out, and it grosses me out. Especially the thought of ranch inside [some of my friends like ranch *gags*]