xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ComeToLife

My Dog Pukes Regularly what would be the cause of this problem?

well they have a thing called twisted stomach.And a lot of you are describing what the dog is going through.It is a asp thing.Need to be taken care of.They can do surgery.Some times a little at a time it happens then goes back to normal.So the doctors don't catch it.But there will be that one time that it won't go back and the dog will die if not taking care of.I use pepto bismal. Cause right now I just can't afford it.But for all of wanting to know most likely this is what it is..Twisted stomach

no funds to take your dog to the vet?My Dog Pukes Regularly

There are so many foundations to help pet owners who have fallen on hard times take their animals to the vet...Please check them out, but don't take advantage, please...They could use donations from those who can afford it, too...Google is your friend, so Google 'help with vet bills'...You made a commitment to your animal...HONOR IT...They cannot speak...We are their voice...

-reply by donna35810

my dog is also having the same problem,as per my knowledge it is only because of their eating habits,my dog used to puke his own hair....which goes inside while having his food....the best way to stop puking is coconut water....and curd rice just check and see it will surely work

my dog is also having the same problem,as per my knowledge it is only because of their eating habits,my dog used to puke his own hair....which goes inside while having his food....the best way to stop puking is coconut water....and curd rice just check and see it will surely work

We have a dog that is going through the puking thing as well. It eats literally everything and we can tell because the stuff it eats shows up in its feces (it's a rather large siberian husky). We have literally found balloons in the stool, underwear, paper, and other things.

We just are not even sure what to do about it. We have sent it outside and it just starts finding and eating trash. We've punished it and it still does not stop.

I've heard that if you change its food type too quickly (moist to hard, hard to moist), the dog won't be used to it and regurgitate it. To change its food type, do it slowly. If its been eating hard, put just a little moist in with it. As time goes by, use less and less hard, and more and more moist, until it's eating nothing but moist. Also, dogs can't have certain things. I don't quiet remember what they are right now, but you can google it or something.

AHHH!!!! my dog puked everywhere and my mom is making me clean up ALL of it! Ugh. Do any of you have mutts that puke on a regular basis? Is this a common problem? If so please reply, I'm trying to figure out if there's a common reason/cause for the problem, hopefully we can find a solution or make it better.

hello

Dear you should change his diet plan because your dog is eating some outdated stuff from outside or there is some other problem so you better take care of his diet plan.

Thanks

Definately, you should not give the dog human food, dog food is meant for dogs, and that's that.Giving the dogs the remains of your sunday roast however, is not.It will be ill because it has eaten something it's stomach doesn't cater for, just like if we eat grass/soil/dogfood -- won't taste pleasant, and we'll probably fall ill as a result of it.I think if this continues, you should definately consider taking your dog to the vet.. it isn't normal if it carries on, I mean a puke here and there, once a week would be seen as 'normal', but more than that, then visit your vet!

I have noticed this with cats and i'm sure this applies to dogs as well. That eating some random bugs or crickets in garden can disturb their digestion system. In such case they do puke. So that's just my guess on this OP. I hope that OP resolved this issue as i don't see any update anywhere in this reply.

oh my god, i love dogs but this whole puking business would put me off having a dog. And dont dog lap up theor own sick. If you sprinkle a little bit of salt to giv eit taste and leave the dog around, you will find your mutt will lap the whole sick up and lick the floor clean. It saves you having to tidy up after the dog. hehehehGrossse

This sounds like something my dog my have. He seems to puke once every couple of months and has anxiety problems. we have brought him to emergency vets a couple of times only to leave with a clean bill of health (x-ray and blood work) and a HUGE BILL. its not a twisted stomach and its not what he ate. we have him on an ID specific diet given in small meals soaked and mashed up. This still does not seem to work. what is the medication that your poodle is on?

my little chihuahua pukes somtimes but only after eating human food. i guess its too complicated for their stomachs. its normal. unless the dog is puking like crazy then take him/her to the vet to get checked. but yeah its happened to me, the dog pukes then my mom makes me clean it up or the dog pisses in the bathroom on the wall (at the moment he just did and my dad walked in and got pissed i was on the computer and not doing hw).so where was i? ok. the dogs puke somtimes after eating grass on purpose to get stuff out of their system. so just go to the vet if it goes on too much
(at least he doesnt puke under the bed. very hard to reach and its dark and hard to clean)
lol

'Human food' isn't exactly too complicated for a dog's stomach. Our digestive systems are relatively the same, however their stomach uses about 20 times more force to crush food than our stomach. It allows them to eat larger doses of food in a short time. But the reason why they are 'sensitive' to 'human' food is because our food products are overly processed. It's usually filled with all kinds of chemicals to make the food last longer and sometimes it has all kinds of seasonings as well. While we are used to all that crap, dogs are not. It's often not a good idea to give dogs 'human' food for that reason.

Dogs can eat our food if it's well balanced diet that gives the dog all the nutrients it needs to lead an active and healthy life. Pure food with all bones removed, without seasoning or fatty products... etc. Fruits like apples, bananas, watermelon, pear...etc... with all seeds and stems removed. Vegetables like carrot sticks, green beans, cucumber slices, zucchini slices, baked potatoes (not sweet potatoes) just make sure your dog doesn't eat any raw potatoes or potato plants. Dogs can eat plain cooked white rice (boiled for much longer than for us though and pasta.

But there are things that are pretty much toxic to them and most of it causes vomiting, diarrhea, fever, stomach bloating...etc. It means their stomach and digestive systems are still pure while ours are not, seeing as there are a lot of things toxic to us but we've still eat or drink it. It doesn't mean our digestive system is any better because if a person from a 2000 year ago would eat our food today they would probably get sick like dogs.

Food that dogs should definitely not eat is oranges, lime, lemon, grape (toxic and causes stomach problems like stomach ulcer), avocado (persin is toxic to them and some humans are allergic to it), onions (and onion powder) and garlic (can destroy dog's red blood cells), grapes and raisins (can cause kidney failure), milk and most dairy products, persimmons, peaches and plums (can cause inflammation in the small intestines, intestinal obstruction, and the cyanide in peaches and plum pits is both poisonous to humans and dogs), raw eggs (salmonella, e.coli), raw meat and fish (can contain parasites, bacteria that causes food poisoning, which causes death within two weeks), anything with salt (excessive thirst, urination, sodium ion poisoning, tremors, elevated body temperatures, seizures...etc), sugary foods and drinks (does the same to dogs as humans, lead to obesity, dental problems, diabetes), wheat, yeast dough, baking powder, baking soda, nuts of all kind especially macadamia nuts, and of course alcohol, coffee, tea and anything with caffeine (can be fatal to dogs), candy and gum (xylitol and other sweeteners increase the insulin circulating the dog's body and can cause the blood sugar to drop leading to seizures and many other fatal problems), chocolate (theobromine is toxic to dogs) and 'human medicine'.

And although it seems to be natural to give a dog a bone, cooked or uncooked, it can cause pancreatitis in dogs, the bones can splinter and cause intestinal obstruction or lacerations in the dog's digestive systems, leading to blood poisoning and death.