xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AdityaKar

Clock Hanging In The Air Levitating Clocks

Posted Image

It seems to be magic when you see this clock hanging in the air with no support. But its the magnetic force which plays a major role. Just plug the base (which has to be bought alongwith the clock) and adjust the clock in between until there is a beep indicating the right place.

The levitating clock uses the magnetic force to float an LCD clock inside a funny looking base. It also features an auto-rotate mechanism to spin objects clockwise, or counter-clockwise (as well as the clock you can buy an optional floating space shuttle).

I think this is probably best used as a cool executive desk toy rather than an alarm clock, as I can imagine sleepy fingers moving the clock a bit too much when going for that snooze button (then again the crashing noise may really wake you up). :)
It is available at Think Geek.

thats pretty wacky... but i remember seeing a cooler clock somehwere in the ct. it was just a base which shot out light whiich displayed the time in kinda like a holographic form... except it was 2d... cant really explain haha. very cool stuff though, even clocks have become interesting in their own way.

Theres loads of these magnetic floating things. I remember seeing years ago a pen that hovered inside a tube, and you could spin it and it would continue to rotate for hours. I suppose it's not really that practical but youu certainly would make a lot of people stop and stare in wonder at how it works.

Wow, this clock looks interesting. I've never actually seen any clock held only by a magnetic field, and without any support. This image looks cool. I don't think i'd want one though.It looks a bit sensitive for me! If I were to touch a few of the buttons to set the alarm etc, I'd most likely drop the clock on the floor and break it.It's something different though, and a different kind of present for someone who likes clocks. It's amazing, the kind of things being brought out onto the market nowadays. These would have been unimaginable a few years ago.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

I to have sean that holographic clock kawasu. It's a very cool clock, but i think is is a way better and cooler clock. Though i think i would brake it because i would try and turn it off and pull it out and drop it.So i think i am not going to it, at lest not yet.- John

It looks cool, but its probably expensive. I really wonder what would happen if you use it to wake you up in the morning. I can already see it on the ground smashed in little pieces by an accidental attempt to set off the alarm.

That looks pretty neat. My friend has something like that. It's a pen that levitate in mid-air just like that clock. The problem with the pen was that it was really difficult to get it into the correct position so that it could levitate. Perhaps the same problem exists with this clock.

Haha, I've never seen such a thing! At first, I thought it was floating because of a thin string. :) I guess it wasn't. Who would've thought of that! :P I wonder how much it costs (not that it would be of use to me)?

Pretty cool clock that really floats in the air with magnetic forces. It's a nice gadget to place in the bedroom and it looks as if it is a high-tech clock. However a gentle hit on the clock may displace it and probably damage the clock if it hits the ground or something else. It can be easily moved out if its magnetic field. For the next moment, it will become a non-floating clock again.Anyway that's something new and certainly looks pretty cool gadget to have.

tottaly unpractical if u ask me, it's nice to see in a shop window but not at home with other purpose than some curio or office glamour. Of course it would still be cool if it had some attached pad for setting it up so that u don't need to touch it.and u can hit the pad in the morning to get it silenced :angry: . I could design some useful features. :angry:

that's pretty old tech though, i have a pen that floats between 2 magnets.there's not much else to do with a levitating clock. I wish people would spend more time inventing things that will IMPROVE our lives.

:angry: I want one!It is on think geek dot com and the price says 24-89 dollars, god knows what that means but its so kool! They have a whole show of magnetic levitating things on there, worth a look. I dont know how mcuh my laptop would like a huge magnet sitting next to it though :angry:

Sure, it's impractical, but it looks like a nice desk decoration, which it really the point of many things (for example, those little balls hanging from a string that click together, or those electric balls/lava lamps).

These magnetic clocks are pretty cool. My dad has one at his office. TO touch them without a risk of breaking it, you hned to remove it from the magnetic field so i definatly dont suggest it for a alarm clock. AS for the price my dad doesnt no it was a gift.