xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Hackers Get Mac Running Windows and Apple thought it cant be done...

Are you serious, jeeze. What a waste of time. I bet the computer was high unefficient and slow. But, still thats amazing how that managed to do such a large conversion from mac to windows. I mean, all diffrent hardware and there is so many things that they have to tweak.

Ok I hate macs. Windows and the Lunix series are the best that are around. Macs are easy for little kids and older people that can't use a PC. Windows has more options and things that can run on it and more user customizable. Macs are like easy and just are for "play around" business life is good stuff. And the iBooks we got last year crashed so easy and stuff. Windows PC's and Unix (Lunix) are the serious no kidding lets get to work type of PC's. Here is a funny Mac video. When I find the link.

There are plenty of hardcore Mac users out there. Macs are better for graphics stuff, like image editing, movie editing, and stuff like that. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a graphics tip on The Screen Savers (on TechTV) demonstrated on a Mac.

There are plenty of hardcore Mac users out there. Macs are better for graphics stuff, like image editing, movie editing, and stuff like that. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a graphics tip on The Screen Savers (on TechTV) demonstrated on a Mac.

this is true, there are many hard core mac users... these people are exactly like the hardcore linux users... in terms of attitude (not computer knowledge). Now, when I say they are hardcore mac users, it is not the actual mac computer that they love, it is the mac operating sytem and the programs that come with it.

So, the news that mac osx can run on a pc will be big news because all these hard core mac users can essentially buy a "mac" by purchasing a PC and installing osx on it. From the user perspective, it is a mac because they just care about the operating system and the programs running on it.

if you break it down, the new intel macs are basically PCs. the differences between the new macs and the PC is probably minimal. In fact, the differences are probably put into the mac computer on purpose by apple, just so that apple can say that it is not a pc. This "difference" put in the mac computer on purpose is a "security" chip on the computer that doesn't allow windows to be installed on the system. Also, osx will look for this to be installed (hence, prevent osx from being installed on a pc).

there is a group of people trying to get osx to work on a pc. they apparently have about 80% functionality. I think the website was http://www.osx86.org/

I also should mention that Mac OS is UNIX based, and that's probably what I meant by hardcore. If you know UNIX well, then you can get a lot done. I saw an ad in PC World for a Mac, and on the screen it showed a command line, the type that UNIX systems look like.

Now, why would a macintosh user even want to touch the smelly disgusting windows? :)Anyway, since macintosh has been like Front Nox for the past ages, I guess this is a good thing...

yeah, I herd about this, someone got paid for a contest and stuff. I don't have a mac, but why put windows on there, windows is horrible. If anything put linux on there, but I actually like the way mac works. It's cool that they did it, but really there is no purpose to do that.

And here comes the good part. Aplle has recently released software (called Boot Camp; currently in beta, available as an 83 MB download from their site) that guides you with installing a licensed copy of Windows XP in your Intel-based Mac. Basically, it gives you a CD full of drivers for the Mac hardware components, prints an install guide, and partitions your hard drive. You then insert the Windows XP CD and install it. Sounds simple, eh? I bet it's not.

If i had an Apple Mac I would most certainly try this out. It sounds so cool. But they have also now started to make them with windows now i think. But I like messing around with computers and stuff so trying to make that work would be totaly awesom!

I would give it a go on an older mac we dont use. It would be handy when a computer can run XP and OSX. They say that might be possible on MACs soon. But Dont really need to run and XP programs so its no big deal at all.

I would give it a go on an older mac we dont use. It would be handy when a computer can run XP and OSX. They say that might be possible on MACs soon. But Dont really need to run and XP programs so its no big deal at all.

If anything, Boot Camp would only work on Intel powered Macs, like the new MacBook Pro. That's because Windows can only run natively on Intel-based platforms, and would need emulation software (which exists, Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac, for instance) to run on a PPC processor.