xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blaz05

What Do You Think About Ipod

I just think the ipod is just pure fashion. Its for the rich, just like in pcs. For those that want to pay more for things that look cute. Because for half the price of an ipod or imac, you can get a better pc with better specs.

Before i would die for an 60gb ipod video. but now.. i'm more into 3rd generation phone that plays music, video, calling, etc. You could do so much more with a 3G phone than a ipod. Sure.. .mp3 phone usually dont' have much space and you can't really store that many files in there. .but i'm sure you barely ever listen to all the songs on your ipod. Beside... after listening to a song a few times... it gets boring. I'm sure in the future.. the limited memory problems for phone will be solved. There's a new samsung phone that hold 8gb. That is crazy for a phone. .that is like 2 times a mini ipod. Also, my w600i battery lasts longer because it doesn't have any moving parts (hard drive).

I have an iPod Shuffle myself, and it's great! Simple design, stores a lot of music -and you can use it as a regular USB drive for your other data files by adjusting how much space you want for music. They've also gone down in price as well, so now it's more affordable than before. I've also started to listen to a lot of podcasts lately...and the one drawback I found was that I couldn't listen to podcasts in shuffle mode. I was only able to listen to music files. The solution? Set it to regular playback mode.Aside from that, the Shuffle is still a great buy.

I personally think that the iPod was a brilliant design. They managed to simplify the user-interface a whole lot by doing away with so many useless buttons and integrating the features.One of the best things about an ipod (especially recently) is the thinness. Most other mp3 player s that I see are 2-3 times thicker than an ipod. And the ipod nano is even thinner. Personally, I hate having bulges in my pocket whether it's a phone, keys or an mp3 player.I wish that they had made an iPod nano without a screen though (did they?). I love how thin it is but i wont ever really use the photo/video feature much.Otherwise though, there are plenty of other brands out there that sell mp3 players with huge capacities and great sound quality. My only gripe is about their thickness.So, all in all, I still wouldn't get an iPod.

I have to agree with a few of you here, the ipod is way too expensive for what it does, especially when cell phones have the same compatibilities. It's a portable harddrive with an lcd screen, albeit a slick one.I still use my portable mp3 cd player. I really only need it to listen to music.

So i now ended up getting one for free from an online offer and i use my ipod every day.

you got one for free? wow. i hope i could get one too. i guess the reason why i want an ipod is because of the capacity. i always find mp3 players as flash drives capacity too small, although it is very compact. but i want to use a separate player for my songs from the flash drive for file storage. i'm a music lover and it's a bummer that all of my music are just stuck in my pc at home. and most of the time, i easily get bored that's why i need one, not because it's a fashion statement (i don't think of it that way because i'm not a fashionista anyway), but because it's a necessity. bleh. just in case you know some sites that offer free ipods or any mp3 player for that matter, will you please let me know. i could use one myself.

I personally am not too thrilled with Ipod, i think its a fad where everyones like "My friend has one, i must get on too!" It's way too widespread and everyone just wants one.

I sort of aggree with you. Everyone is like, "My friend got one, so I have to be part of the trend. I want an iPod!"
If you ask me, I would not buy an iPod. I think that they aren't good value. You can get other players that either do more or hold more for less, the same, or not much more than the iPod. I also don't like the restriction to the iTunes Music Store, as well as iTunes itself.
My Sandisk 512 MB MP3 player is also an FM radio and a voice recorder. It costs around $90. The iPod Shuffle, on the other hand, costs $99, and only plays music, and doesn't have a screen (but it does support playlists, which my Sandisk doesn't).
My friend just got this Archos portable DVR thing, which plays music, photos, and movies, and you can even record from a TV (try that with the video iPod). Sure it costs more, but it's a much greater value.

It is just a fashion statment. They appeared out of nowhere and suddenly everyone was getting one. Apple knew they were onto a winner and splashed out on marketing and designer newer versions. And all those accessories. There's so much junk you can get for them these days like furry carry cases or sock cases or some sort of camera converter. My god you have a screen on nearly all digi cams anyway that's about the same size as the ipods screen. Why do you need this tool?I'm not going to go for it. I admit they are pretty good but there are equally as good and some better portable media players out there.Personally I went for a minidisc player. I don't know why, I just prefer them.

well,i do prefer the old series but not like the new nano or shuffle.what boring ipod fans is the price,i dont think it worth of so much...however,consider it as a cool mobile disk which is full of awesome music.

They are a desireable fashion accessory. . .which plays music.
iTunes is awful and so restricting, and ridled with problems. Drag and drop system is much easier in my opinion.
There are better products out there, jus unforntunitly Apple design is all the rage at the moment.
but. . they do look god dam sex tho. . . .

My comments on iPod are 1) Poor design - a plain white box tailored made for hospital environment 2) Looks really like those products made in China - a low end tech product, like digital watches and solar powered calculators, readily made by any production line in China

Not poor design really, guesisng you might prefer lots of pointless details.
They are minimalistic... . and that sells. . . . and looks good in Most peoples opinions

Me, I don't have an iPod myself. But, so what if everyone wants them/got them? What's wrong with wanting to have one? If you personally think and are convinced that you want it and think you need it, you just buy it...duh! It almost becomes sounding jalous saying everybody wants an iPod and it's stupid that everyone has one. I would like to have one 2, but it's simple, I don't have the money for it, so I wait until the trendytime is over. Then they will become cheaper I hope. I have my mp3 now, and it works perfect at this moment. But, why I would like to have a iPod instead is because: - When you are going on a vacation, you have enough choice in songs you want to listen. (To hear 20 numbers of songs in the plane for 9 hours gets very boring)- It just looks great and neat- If the quality of an iPod is better, then that would be one of the reasons too why I would like to buy one. Cause my Mp3 sometimes even gives me a headache in terms of the bad quality sound.But also what I noticed about people with an iPod is this: In the train, metro, bus... everywhere you go everywhere you go you will see people stare ahead of them like a bunch of zombies. People who are caught deeply in their thoughts and seem to be playing in their own musicvideo. That's before you start noticing all these people have those white little things in their ears. They live in their own world listening to their iPod. A complete new group type of people. An IPod sect! Hahaha, unforunaltely for the social ineractions which normally take place instead of those iPods. Yes, many people will think it is annoying. Those who are used to have social contact and expect that they can make a chat in the public transport. But I actually prefer people not talking to me in the bus. I would prefer my music instead of one of those grandma's and their lifestory.

The whole concept of a IPOD is great. IPOD is not the only one out there however. There are other mp3 players. I want a mp3 player. I would not mind a IPOD. They have a nice look and I am a fan of apple products. Granted I use a pc but if I could afford it I would get myself a mac laptop. or IBOOK. Anyway IPODs are useful in the idea of being able to pick the music you want to listen to when you are walking or running around. Its great for exercise and some have car adapters. And for those of us who walk and take the bus everywhere the IPOD is ideal.As far as it being a fad it was not that long ago that Sony Walkman was the thing to have when it comes to portable sound devices. IPOD is just the next generation in portable devices.