xisto Community
sharpz

Google Web Accelerator Speed up the web

There are several pieces of software which do this (som can be quite expensive)The way it works, is their servers download the information, compress it, and send it to your computer which unzips the information, and displays it.this can increase broadband speeds by up to around 400% but id be interested to see that google have created a version of it.woo - this is my 100th post!!

Google Accelerator is really a failure, at first couple of uses you notice some increase in speed but as you browse more web pages, articles and images it will get slower and eventually be unbearable. If you want to speed up your internet then you should upgrade your bandwidth from your ISP, that would be your best option really.

I have just instaledgoogle web accelerator, and so far, it seems to have made mt internet run slower. I hope things will inprove when i restart my computer, or as i use it more.Anyway, its only the BETA version, so hopefully, the full version will be better!

I needed to switch Google Accelerator when I used IE as my browser and I needed some ActiveX stuff on the page. It did not work together at all. This time, the ad about google accelerator was not accurate. Even the info about saved time was like really science fiction ...BRs,M.

I don't know it really is, but it sure didn't increase my internet speed.After downloading it, i ended up sacrificing a chunk of my hard disc space, with nothing really in return.I doubt if it's meant for internet speed increse.

I'm not sure how long some of you tried these for, but I was reading on the site (No I haven't tried it yet, I'm a mac user and there's no release for mac yet.)To my understanding from what I read, it's the idea of keeping saved versions of your most frequently visited pages, and each time you visit them, instead of re-loading information you've already seen, it only loads the changes. I suppose for something like that to work you'd have to use it for at least a week, if not longer.Just my 2 cents worth.

it is similar to the experiance I had with google desktop, which guzzles your ram.
but if anyone else has different opinions and experiance I am not disagreeing with them I am just stating my own experiance.

I have used google desktop and love it, just a comment, let it index your hard drive, then its doesn't use so much ram.

I tired google accelerator and I personally don't really like it. Doesn't it use some RAM? I used it for a day and it didn't really work for me. The speed was still the same......sadly......I don't believe you can "accelerate" the internet. It depends on the internet you pay for monthly or the one you are leeching off of. Correct me if I am wrong.... =)

I stopped trying those accelerators along time ago as well. There are only a few ways that a piece of software can speed up the internet and they all have to do with your ISP. Beyond that, they are just a waste of system resources, saving every page you look at for recaching or using different network paths. I've always tried to keep an internet connection that doesn't put me in that kind of bind.