xisto Community
sharpz

Google Web Accelerator Speed up the web

I used this for a while, I uninstalled it because it didn't make the difference I thought it would. But, it definately did speed up my 10MB broadband slightly.It downloads things your browser is likely to request next, the key phrase. On a large broadband connection the extra background downloading is unlikely to make a difference while it is happening, which means your experience probably will be faster, but a dial up will really be feeling the background downloads and they will potentially slow it.

I do not think that it in general may speed up as that the Internet, for certain it is made for advertising

Ive tried things like this before. And I am unsure if I can trust these types of programs. Its better of to play it safe, even if it is google it could still give you unwanted adware and things as such. This is what I recomend.

I used to use Google Web Accelerator. My total accelerated Internet loading time was 1.2 days. It saved me a total of 1.2 days loading time for pages. But after reformatting my hard drive, I decided it wasn't required. So now I don't use it.Get Firefox and try it out if you like.

I have tried this. It works worth beans. I have dial-up, So naturally, I try to speed this up any way possible. But this was the worst this I have tried yet. In fact, I would have thought it was slowing me down. So I took it off.

The Google Web Accelerator does nothing but simply caching all your visited webpages so it will load from cache if the site is visited again. The cache is stored on your computer, hence loading from it will be alot faster than loading from the original site. It is similar to Opera's way of being the fastest browser. However Opera includes additional pipelines to grab site contents faster than any other browsers.

However there is a disadvantage. Say if you are visiting a stock exchange website, everytime you visit you will be expecting updates and changes to the site contents. Having this web accelerator running would most probably load the previous visited site from its cache to load fast, hence you will not see the updated information from the orginal page. You will have to do a manual refresh to the page to view the up-to-date contents. At the time, it also updates the cache stored on your system. Every time you visit the page, it may happen again.

I used to use Google Web Accelerator. My total accelerated Internet loading time was 1.2 days. It saved me a total of 1.2 days loading time for pages. But after reformatting my hard drive, I decided it wasn't required. So now I don't use it.
Get Firefox and try it out if you like.

It is not a great requirement for browsers. Since you've reformatted your harddrive, your cache will be cleared off as well, leaving your system as a brand new one. Surfing webpages will be slower than having the web accelerator installed, whether or not using a Firefox browser. It will load as slow on Firefox still. Hence doesn't make any difference using Firefox or not.

This google web accelerator would only be good if the website you are visiting limits your download speeds of the webpage, using separate proxies so that you can bypass the ?limit?

Do we really need web accelerators?? Really? I don't think that with broadband speeds ever increasing, there will be a market for them.

i've always had bad luck with web acceleerators. quite frankly, my current connection is fast enough to keep me away from these things even awhen i'm capped. i'd only give something like this a go if i was on dial up... ahh good old dial up. ;]

I had used google web accelerator of late. Seriously i did not like it. It was a piece of crap just occupying somevaluable portion of your browsers. I personally hate stuff like web accelerators, toolbars and similar stuff.

I did not notice on difference. It seemed nice to get at the begining but now I unistalled it and am done with it. Most web acelerators never work. I learned that through other people i know experiences with the, Its not worth the space.Sorry Google it was not good enough