xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manan

Rumor: Apple May Launch Cell Phones Cell Phones

There are rumours gaining momentum in the technical circles that Apple is going to launch Cell-phones possibly to compete with SonyWalkman Series and as an upgade to its fortune changing iPod...........these are still rumours.........Dell is also said to b trying its hand in the Mobile Phone market....so all u planning to buy a new cell phone i'd suggest u wait for a while

lol generally i think these companys are being too greedy..they own practically one of the biggest companies in the world..and they are wanting to sell mp3 players...and now mobile phones.......lol i suppose its understandable of course..anything to make more money :lol:

Ok for starters, I hate Apple computers, we had those stupid iBooks last year in middle school and they looked like a bunch of toys, little white flat boxes. :lol: But I mean cell phones, that I don't think is a path that they should take, does not make much sense at all. I mean really! Stick to computers, music, and software and build up from there. What are they going to call it the iPhone. I mean everything from Apple Starts out with i!

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

Yea, these rumors have been around for a long time now. Let's remember that these are only rumors and only what people are hoping that the companies may release rather than what they actually will release. I am currently in search of a new phone, possibly the sony ericsson w810i, so if apple were to come up with something or let the public know, I may just find myself holding off to see what apple can do. So far, the combined project between motorola and apple didnt seem to work as well as they had hoped, so hopefully apple will learn from its mistakes and make their "ipod phone" much more improved. But despite all of this talk, I can't really see apple making a cell phone as they have no experience in the field of telephones and it would most certainly hurt the sales of their regular ipods, something that they most definately dont want to do. Oh well, only time will tell us so we'll just have to wait and see. One thing is for sure, the ipod phone wont be coming out anytime soon as apple just announced all of their new products at the developer's conference and there was no mention of the apple phone.

Where did you hear this? i doubt Apple will spend the money and effort to try and outcompete nokia and motorola when they are so firmly estabilished as the leading cell phone producers. If you have any links to sites or such who say this, i would like to read about it :lol:

If Apple really makes mobile phones, the mobile phone industry will certainly be hot. Looking at what Apple has been producing, iPod, its feature pretty well in mobility. They can port the entire system of the iPod to their new mobile phones. And definately the phones will be running on some Apple OS or a Linux OS. Interface will sure be cool.

well...i heard of some rumor about apple's cell phone plan but i dont whether apple company will launch that.however,from its success in pc and mp3 field,their cell phone must be outstanding and unique IMO.hope its coming... :lol:

Once I saw a thing in some magazine on various possible new Apple products, ranging from a photo viewer device, to a cellphone. From the picture that I saw there, it had a Click Wheel (a typical Apple feature). But if you ask me, I don't really think that they are ready to make cellphones yet.

Yeah, after apple's success with their ipod, they're getting too confidant in themselves. I mean, how long is their ipod going to stay on top of the market. Apple should just stay with signature product instead of trying to expand their line.

Yea I don't think it would really get them very far. I mean of course it would have ITunes on it but that is already out there. They would have to put in something really nice for people to want to buy them. It would be hard to compete with stuff already out when you have no experience with it as of yet.

that would be awesome... ipod + phone = the greatest phone ever... lol.. j/k.. i probably overexagerated about that... but i'm pretty sure their first phone won't be that good .. .because they have to have many trials and experiences with the devices... like how when sony ericsson first came out.. ttheir phones have really bad reception comparing to other phones.. .but now they're gettting betterthis just reminded me... .i had to send in my sony ericsson walkman phone... w600i today... this has been the second time... as most of you people that have owned a sony ericsson phone before.. i'm pretty sure you have heard of the "white screen of death" aka WOSD.. lol.. the good thing about it this time is that... they offer to pay for my shipping... the first time i had to pay 10 dollars to ship it with UPS... ahaha. .this time i shipped it with FedEx Priority Overnight (i like to think it as a way of taking my revenage againist sony ericsson).

And after this a camera? Lol, Icam.... Lol. Though I would seriously like them to put a number pad on the Ipod and make it a phone, that way you would carry your phone and an Ipod on the same device. I would really like that, I dont see why it is so hard and no other company has ever done this before.

apple are really goin at it now huh. after the release of their ipods they've just gotten bigger and bigger. its no surprise if they decide to make phones aswell. they have the fanbase to support such products now. we'll just have to see what happens i guess, only time can tell.