xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnitesun

There Will Be No Hotmail Anymore !

yes !! microsoft has developed and now realeased a software thats called windows live mail which is going to replace hotmail .This in beta and availabe only to people through invitations . It comes with a brand new look and have 2GB storage ,some features include anti-phishing which warns users when some one's trying to phish for their personal information and wipe them off the face of the earth ! .also gives you previews of messages without you having to leave inbox ,drag and drop organization , one click control over junk and scam e-mails also haves right click power ! it's really cool :huh:

well its more like old news since alot of people know about it but the question would be would msn live convert the hotmail accounts or would everyone have to make a new account.Highly doubt it though but maybe a redirection would be inline for the accounts.

Replace HOTMAIL ?? impossible.Microsoft had to shell out $400 Million USD's to aquire this company and it simply does not make any sense. Everyone will have an option to just use hotmail account with LIVE services.

well, even if they could...it would be way better than hotmail! cuz personally i think hotmail is the most outdated e-mail there is... and before hotmail i thought netscape mail was..but they have updated A TON recently and so they have gone up my ladder...well i hope this microsoft mail does replace "hotmail" because it would be better :-D

May I correct you? I know someone who has Live mail. It is nothing more than an extension of hotmail. Added on to make it look a little different. It won't replace it, just make it look different. But yes, it is cool. I got to look it all over. It is like gmail, but more classy. And of course, takes a little longer to load. But not by much. It will make for some nice competition for google.

Yes, I agree with u Vild20. It`s the same with gmail, but maybe the gmail is much better, cause it have every minute much more storage, and...maybe the Google products are betters thean Microsoft. But I can`t belive it, hotmail will stop, cause in this case million people will have to change his/her email adress..

i really dont believe Hotmail is disapearing, i guess they're gonna modify every little thing into the service and that's it.think of how many people would have to change their address or even worse, their MSN identity email...Cheers!!! :lol:

I think the whole inviting by invitation is too gmail-like now. Even though Gmail probably didn't invent it. Anyway... I don't really like hotmail as an email account :P But that new Hotmail thing sounds good! If anyone has invitations you know where to send em :lol: Does anyone have any screen shots of what it looks like?

Personally, I think Hotmail is good (don't start throwing stones yet, hear me out).Hotmail was my first e-mail provider. I got my account when I was 14 (close to 7 yrs ago) and I still have the same account. Hotmail and I have been through a lot together. Facelifts to the site, improvements, 'new' features that just sucked, etc. Now, I don't use the e-mail service itself, I only use it for my msn messenger identity.I'm not saying that everyone who doesn't have one should rush out and get a hotmail account, but if someone is new to the internet and they just want an e-mail account to get started, I believe hotmail is the way to go. It's good for newbies, but I wouldn't even consider using the e-mail service now that I have gmail. (note: I havent used hotmail e-mail actively in at least 4 years)I don't think they will ever just phase-out Hotmail. The foundation of millions of peoples' online identities revolves around Hotmail.

I think the whole inviting by invitation is too gmail-like now. Even though Gmail probably didn't invent it. Anyway... I don't really like hotmail as an email account :P But that new Hotmail thing sounds good! If anyone has invitations you know where to send em :lol: Does anyone have any screen shots of what it looks like?

heres a screen shot of the windows live mail

Posted Image

cheers !! ;)

Edited by midnitesun (see edit history)

Good good. The service looks interesting enough. Invite only is it? I'll have to check it out later on.