xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnitesun

There Will Be No Hotmail Anymore !

hmmm, this seems to be like an interesting developmentbut i would not like it to replace hotmail, even though there are better services than hotmail, i dont think that it is that badi've been using hotmail since the day i started surfing the net and i totally agree with the viewpoint of Zythrixnevertheless, i would like to check out this new mail service....

Even if the service isn't all that great.. it's always good to see what's going on out there and keep up to date on what's good and what's not.

Uff, do they really need to replace it? If hotmail has one good thing is lots and lots of people with a msn.com or a hotmail.com account. Microsoft always wasting money for nothing... it seems that they don?t mind to lose money as long as they have so much.

I wouldn't say that there will be no hotmail since this is hotmail under a different name. You still have an @hotmail.com e-mail address. In my opinion I don't think that the windows live mail is any better than gmail and it seems a little too plain to me.

I saw a screenshot of it on someones website and the layout wasn't really appleasing to my eyes. Not eye candy, neither is Gmail but it looks better. lol. I have to to play with the functionality of hotmail and tell if if I really like it or not. But as for appearance its okay. For the basic function of checking email its good. Any other features that it has that gmail doesn't have??/

The layout of it seems somewhat, erm..., crowded. Plus, one of the best things about Gmail's layout is the fact that its ads are text base only. Nothing pops out at you nor distracts you while you are trying to concentrate on important things.I think Gmail's auto draft-saving feature is amazingly helpful. I wonder if this new hotmail/windows live mail has that?

Its not as if Hotmail is going to disappear completely, it's hotmail under a different guise. I didnt get Windows Live through a invite, there was already a popup on one of my two hotmail accounts saying upgrade to Windows Live mail. I maybe dont use hotmail that much, but I use one of their accounts for MSN messenger/Trillian reasons. Getting back to the Windows Live interface Out of the interface, it's okay so far but it could do with some work. I think ill stick to gmail for emails.

Hotmail might be REPLACED and overwritten, but not disappeared I think.Windows Live Mail is currently available through request. I have sent in a few requests and have not gotten a response.Windows Live Messenger is a lot worse than MSN Messenger 7.5. It has many unnecessary features as well as hiding the number of online contacts.Trillian is okay. It has enough features for my messenger.Yahoo! Mail BETA is awesome, it acts like Mozilla Thunderbird. Yes, it is trying to compete with GMail. But the main advantage is GMail is available through Cell Phone or invitation only basis.ShinyFeet email is not that popular. Its storage space is little.Anyways, hope I receive the invite soon.

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)