xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jan586

Google Os

"psychiccyberfreak" so u also watch this TWIT Podcast :huh: yes.... How ever ive heard of that also.... but i just think Google is going to Far.... Theyve Lauched Google Earth ... Wich is RFeally really great.... Froogle wich i found Quick and easy to Use... and That Horrioble Google Video thing.... Some stuff did worked out for them but i think that OS thing is Going to Be stupid.... id say leave the Apple , XP or Vista now , and Linux Alone.... Google is great for searches around the web... not Fo an OS i'd say.... Well if they give us a Free Shot a theyre OS i would try and then Trust ... but as far as im concerned .... im not paying for this..... But theres some thing much better that ive heard related to OS's Apple is suppose to Work With INtel.... that Mean MAc and Windows On the same machine.... BUT theres is a missing program in teh Intel Stuff that maybe could mess it all up theres a special file that fINDS THE bios that Windows could not see on this new system and since windows cant see it it says No DOS no Windows Installation .... anyway This is a Machine i really want to see ;)

Posted Image

i found this hoax image of GoogOS. It looked ugly to begin with. lol. I just found it interesting.

I think if Google does ever become some kind of Operating System, Microsoft or should I say Bill will find some way to block installation or reading the cdroms and stuff of GOogle OS. I don't think that's legal. but that's my thought at this time.

I'm pretty much have the same opinion as Cerebral Stasis. Windows is dominating linux with multimedia applications and games that really restrict everyone from wandering to a different OS.I would switch over in a heartbeat if only linux was able to grab a larger share of the market as well as keep their hardware updated. But this is not directly a problem with them as it is with developers preferring Windows.I do have a linux os (redhat) that I run a webserver off of and it's rock solid. But other than that I generally stick to my windows box. Perhaps this is the kick that linux needs to get that larger market share and really start pressuring publishers to come up with alternative compatibility solutions.

hahaha that was the only thing lacking by google, what else are we expecting from it?...i almost see the OS full of advertisements such as google adsense or even more some kind og google service that allows entering to someone else's computers...

wow. .i'm pretty sure if google OS is actually true.. then it would be filled with google ads.. example of their free gmail service. .they still have one link of ads. Since i have 56k .. this would suck. .because it would probably use some of my bandwidth.. even though it isn't much.. i would preferr to get the full bandwidth from my 56k modem =PI'm sure google os won't match up with windows in the beginning because they don't really have much experience in computer OS. WOw.. google just started to grow since like last year till now. .and they already overcome most of the internet search engine such as yahoo and askjeeves. And their gmail offering 2.6 gb of space for gmail is just crazy.. even though i don't believe everyone will actually get 2gb of space. .but that is pretty crazy to annouce.. if one day.. people just filled their inbox with mp3 and attachments.. ahaha.. i wonder what they would do. I seriously think google is trying to get microsoft out of bussiness..... msn and yahoo have to work together to go against google... and now the OS.. trying to compete with microsoft window.. hmm. .wonder what next.. .google game console?.. to overcome microsoft xbox and sony playstation? HAHAHA..

I really do hope Google sticks with their OS and makes it a force to reckon with. We need more options out there, but at the same time have a certain level of compatibility between them. That's the biggest issue with these varied OS', but open source linux and retail windows will never mesh completely. After all what will make you stick with windows when linux is free, if these programs were cross OS compatible..

They are not trying to sway existing Microsoft clients (although that may happen in the slight percentile), but rather entice other linux users to their OS. Google really has the financial backing to produce an OS that in time can rival Windows in functionality, and that's what they're clearly trying to do. If anyone can rally an open source community it's Google.

With large communities sectored around various linux flavors coming together under one kernal, they can really hit the ground running. And most importantly ignite a greater wave of software compatibility.

It's really interesting to see just how this will flow together.

hmm. .wonder what next.. .google game console?.. to overcome microsoft xbox and sony playstation? HAHAHA..

Knowing Google they'll offer it free of charge, but include adsense :huh:

Rich Skrenta said:

Even though everyone's down on Google these days, they remain the most interesting company in the world and I'm optimistic about their potential and success (while also apprehensive about the prospect of using Google for absolutely everything someday...I'll be cursing the Google monopoly in 5 years time). If they stay on target with their plans to leverage their three core assets (which, if Gmail is any indication, they will), I predict Google will be the biggest and most important company in the world in 5-8 years.

I wonder how Google is going to manage as the other Gains Yahoo and Microsoft have started competetive services to Google. Hope thay would provide quality services.