xisto Community
mirageforce

Pc Turn On For A Second And Then Turn Off With Beeps

Hello,I'm newbie here, so i need some advice from all of you. My PC got some kind of problem. When I want to turn it on it turn on for a second or two and then it suddenly turn off followed by beeps like a police siren continuously. May I know what's wrong with my pc. When i looked at the fan it spin for a second and then turn off at the same time as the pc turn off.Here are my specsAMD athlon XP 2.8Abit AN7512 DDRATI Radeon 9550

Hello,I'm newbie here, so i need some advice from all of you. My PC got some kind of problem. When I want to turn it on it turn on for a second or two and then it suddenly turn off followed by beeps like a police siren continuously. May I know what's wrong with my pc. When i looked at the fan it spin for a second and then turn off at the same time as the pc turn off.
Here are my specs
AMD athlon XP 2.8
Abit AN7
512 DDR
ATI Radeon 9550

If you have manual for your type of motherboard you can find meaning of some sounds there. Three beeps usually mean RAM problem. Some other beeps mean disk problem, or keyboard and so on.

Have you assembled your pc by yourself? Then check every component in there. Look for cooler voltage connector (to mb). Your computer might be overhearing since fan stops running at start. Then bios probably shuts it down for "safety" (read fire) reasons.

If your comp worked normally and stoped suddenly one day then something (some component) might be dead.

The computer has a beep code which is how it communicates with the user to tell him what's wrong. When a computer beeps like that (continuous high-low beeps), it means that the cpu is overheating. There are many other beep codes which are listed here.

I seem to remember a few months ago one of my friend's PCs started to beep randomly (not really sticking to that 'code') and we couldn't figure out what was wrong, until we actually came to dismantle it. Somehow the fan casing had come loose and the fan was happily yanking wires out of sockets left right and centre. This caused it to beep continually and randomly, however I think it is unlikely that this is your problem :rolleyes:Make sure your PSU is up to the task of powering everything, becuase if it isn't the computer will just stop, either due to a fan stopping or a component not getting power so the POST doesn't clear. Try checking if some fans spin and some don't, especially the CPU fan.If you know what you are doing and what should be connected to what you can use a digital multimeter to check that all the circuitry is working, but don't try it if you don't know what you're doing.

If you have manual for your type of motherboard you can find meaning of some sounds there. Three beeps usually mean RAM problem. Some other beeps mean disk problem, or keyboard and so on.
Have you assembled your pc by yourself? Then check every component in there. Look for cooler voltage connector (to mb). Your computer might be overhearing since fan stops running at start. Then bios probably shuts it down for "safety" (read fire) reasons.

If your comp worked normally and stoped suddenly one day then something (some component) might be dead.

Nope. I don't assembled my pc. I bought it from the shop a complete set. If don't mind could u plz show me whish is cooler voltage connector because i'm, quite confusing looking at the system.

I have check my psu even bought a new one in case of emergency but the problem still remain. Any other solution. Thanks for all your kind helps

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
There's no need to double post. You can edit and enter more words to your post. Please use them. Merging.

siren sounds most of the time is not listed on those beep codes generated by bios, I am looking at a possibility that your motherboard's BIOS is corrupted or there's something wrong with one of your major components, one way to check would be removing all components on the motherboard leaving it bare, now locate the CMOS jumper then reset it, install only the basic components now which is the CPU, memory, and the video card, power on and see if you can get it to display. It would be best to have the manual of the board on your side when doing this, if unsure and don't know how to start doing this then it would be best to ask assistance from a knowledgeable technician, goodluck!

What these guys are trying to explain is that there is something wrong with the inside of your computer. It is most likely getting too hot, or something isn't working right. It is best if you called a computer technician or other professional to come take a look at it.Isn't it nice when a smart guy makes smart things simple? :)

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Ok i just had this problem the other day. Your CPU fan is on upside down if you just got a new fan. If you didn't its a damaged motherboard or overheating.

It might be an issue of heat like adam said, if anything its your CPU overheating. Looking at your specs I dont think your computer will run all that hot. Also try to check the Power Supply, make sure its plugged into the MOBO correctly and even the wall. Make sure the switch on the back is set to the right volts. The switch should be in the back of your computer at the top of the powerbox. \

Important: Try re-setting your CMOS or your BIOS settings, this might even fix the problem if its just a startup problem.

Come to think of it, your problem isnt a issue of heat I dont beleive. 6-7 seconds of turning your computer on isnt enough time for the chips to get hot and overheat, but it is enough time for it to load the bios settings... maybe theres a conflict. just re-set it and let me know what happenes, Glad to help, and hope this helps.

Check if one of your keys isn't stuck. I had a stuck key once (F1) and first of all, when it did boot up, it was a pain opening a program with 100 copies of the help menu coming up. :rolleyes:If you have a stuck key, go into your bios (F8 is mine, F2 is my other one, check when your computer boots up and what it says the key combination to get into the BIOS is.) and there should be a utility that checks your keys, run that, and then if one is stuck, if its a laptop, pull the key off and see if there is anything physical in it, if not, send it in for repair.If it is a RAM error, you'll have to send it in, unless you built it yourself like an above poster said. If its a bad OS, see if you can't run a LIVE Linux CD, or get a boot disk, and/or reformat. Hope you can solve it!

he says his computer shuts off. i don't know much about this area. i usually fixed my comptuers from trial and error. is their a fail safe on computer that if it gets too hot, the comptuer will shut down?personally it sounds like a power supply problem, but what do i know....

Try checking if your cpu cooler (usually a heat sink...aka, a large black thing with a fan) is properly connected to the cpu (processor), and that the fan is spinning properly.This problem was happening to me a week ago and I found out that my heat sink wasn't attached properly and my processor was overheating (and shutting itself off). It also made that beeping sound.

computer beeps then chuts offPc Turn On For A Second And Then Turn Off With BeepsOk I have a laptop and the power supply is messed up... I took it apart and I put the power cord in where it connected... It turns on then when I let it go it beeps and beeps until the computer overheats and shuts off... But the fan keeps running but it shuts off ... Please help send me an email-reply by Kyle