xisto Community
kelvinismyname

How April Fools Day Began? i always wonder the story behind this

April's prank day as i call it it! there's allways room to make the hugest mess ever and never to clean it up although the best it to sneak up on peolple :blink: or tell the biggest and fattest le you could imagine, just don't say anyone's dead cause that's not a laughing matter!!! HAPPY APRIL's 1st everyone"""

Every year....Every 1st of april...i just fool people.. and i don't know whats the meaning of April Fools stand for. Because fooling people is very happy and that day nobody will scold u by doing tat. but i been fooled too :) . :) don laugh me ya :)

april fools

How April Fools Day Began?

I heard something funny for all those non believers of immaculate conception. April fools started when the chrstian religion started. If you date back the birth day of jesis than you will count back to the time that he would have been concieved which would be on or around april 1st. This is why they say that if you belive in immaculate conception that you are a fool.

I am shocked that I completely missed this post about April fool's day, and a few people are correct in that April 1st is not an official holiday, because it is not profitable day for the corporate store owners. I highly doubt you see holiday cards, fake presents, and stuff like that in stores for people to buy. So it is rather a day for people to let loose and get a good laugh at pranking someone, and usually they are good as the ones done by google with all these new products that would never come, and one I saw on PCworld about bringing DOS back as well. Of course, I myself never really new the origins of why this came to be and it does make sense because of all these calender systems that were being used.

Never new how April Fools had began. Unfortunately I was expecting something else... something done by mistake I guess, but I guess those French where some prankers...

I always find "April Fools Day" to be more of an irritant than anything (visualize images of rotten school children taunting a feeble, curmudgeonly misanthrope with scornful glee and rotten tomatoes). Take yesterday morning for an example. I was innocently enduring my morning treadmill torture whilst listening to my favorite (i.e. tolerable) morning radio talk show, Uncovering the Truth by privacy rights advocate Katherine Albrecht when I found myself besieged by a news blurb she had read on mercola.com that went something like this:

Medical experts have found that fish oil massaged into the scalp will make hair grow back on a bald head. (note: I am neither bald nor fond of fish, but morbid curiosity had me by the ears). Fish oil from a capsule or bottle, however, will not suffice. No - one must procure an entire fish, preferably dead, proceed to cut it open and release it's essential oils onto one's bald head. Yes, it will stink something awful. Never mind how nauseated you will feel with fish oil dripping into your eyes from your bowling ball of a head. The ends justify the means, and a few days of misery is worth the prospect of seeing hair sprout on your previously barren scalp. But what of your spouse? You will want to rent a hotel for the night, for your spouse will not stomach the stench of your close and foul proximity. Or, if you're like most men obsessed with the amount of hair on your head (or anywhere else), you're probably single and quite narcissistic.

Pardon the poor rendition, but I assure you, the original announcement from the usually credible Dr. Mercola sounded very official and very believable and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I should have known better when the quoted expert was a Dr. Poisson d'Avril. As the fates would have it, Poisson is French for fish, and Avril, of course, is French for April. Apparently, the French decided to associate fish with April 1st, though I can find no rational reason why. But why expect anything rational or meaningful from this day? Such are the horrors of April the first. Thank God the next April Fool's day is a good year away.

Moral of the story: learn your French if you don't want to be taken in next time this horrible "event" rolls around.

In France, instead of pulling usual pranks on people (like sticking whoopie cushions on people's chairs), children stick pictures of fish on people's back. When the person finally realizes the fish is there, the kids shout, "Poisson d'Avril (April Fish Day)."

Wow....so lots of people at random places in France just decide to pull pranks? They should have had phones back then. LOL. If they had phones back then, I would have never had to eat milk and orange juice mixed together (don't ask, I got pranked).

(but I supposed back then getting a message out to the public was difficult), so in france, some of the people still belived that they would be celebrating april 1st as new years day. Those who knew that new years was on january 1st decided to play jokes on the ones that did not. They sent gifts and invited them to bogus parties , & basically made fun at them for celebrating New years on the wrong day.

from then on every April 1st became april fools day. yep that the reason Posted Image

:P haha Thats awesome man! Great find! I always wondered how that came about, lol

So that's why April fools day is what it is.That's interesting.Learn something new everyday.It's interesting that they switched calendars like that.There hasn't been much publicity about this at all.It's surprising.