xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Trap17 Forums Now Hosted On New Dual Server

Hi,We have moved Xisto forums to a new server. You might ask, why this new server when we already had a dedicated server for the forums. The answer is, server DELTA was lagging behind and we needed something more powerful. Because of which, we setup a new DUAL server for Xisto. We tried our best to optimize it and I hope, the forums are smooth again. You might have observed a small downtime recently and wierd results with the MEMBERS ONLINE statistics. That was because, we used IP forward to remove the downtime. So, queries to the old IP was automatically forwareded to this new one.By the way, the new name for this present server is EPSILON.Thanks.OpaQue

Nice, Hopefully the new server will solve the lag issues. I have only noticed some lag once and a while. For me it wasn't bad, especially when you consider how many memebers, posts, people online at the same time, etc. Thanks for keeping us updated :(

Cool! Like xJedix just stated above, the forums do lag a little bit. However, it is ok, because it usually loads under a minute anyways so that's good. Anyways, I am happy that you got a new server! Maybe, you can add new features. Ever think of adding a Credits Lottery for Hosted Members? It would be kind of cool. I know, I am referring to the one that can be added on to PHPBB

Great. Dual servers. Never heard of them before. Is it like what it sounds? Two servers? Anyway, the forums are running nicely and I haven't seen downtime in over two weeks. Great job :(

I like the code name givens to these servers. Episilon. That's a cool greek lettter for a server. lol. Thanks for upgrading our baby Xisto.

isn't episilion the name of a type of server? Anyway its nice to know that you have us in mind. I have to say that by far of all the places that I have hosted my website at this is the best one by far. You really care about your free users. That is a good thing.

Hi Opaque!Thanks and congratulations on moving Xisto forums to a better server. This way downtime should be avoided completely. I think Xisto and its sisters or network sites are providing the best possible hosting solutions to the net users around the world. I wish you continue to grow bigger and bigger. With thanks.

umm...the new server?i just found my question that i could have not open my site since the new server.i did not know why...i do hope to get my site back...the old server worked well for my site but the new one lead to my question. :(

The new server OpaQue is talking about is in regards to forum hosting server.Your web hosting server and forum hosting server are two completely different computers. This is to prevent any poor quality of service if one were to be slowing down the other.

Yes. Previously we had Xisto.com Forums and the member sites on the same server. But as the online users increased, it slowed down mySQL and also jammed the httpd service. Thus, member sites suffered terribly during that time. When we realised this, within a week a new server DELTA was setup. And we moved Xisto and Xisto Forums on it. Now, after about 2 months, the forums are putting too much of load again and we were forced to setup another server with DUAL processor. Things should be fine now..

I have noticed a speed increase, taking a few seconds less for pages to load. Way to go OpaQue!!! Hopefully the increased GHz will help keep things running smoothly.

The new server OpaQue is talking about is in regards to forum hosting server.
Your web hosting server and forum hosting server are two completely different computers. This is to prevent any poor quality of service if one were to be slowing down the other.

Yes. Previously we had Xisto.com Forums and the member sites on the same server. But as the online users increased, it slowed down mySQL and also jammed the httpd service. Thus, member sites suffered terribly during that time. When we realised this, within a week a new server DELTA was setup. And we moved Xisto and Xisto Forums on it. Now, after about 2 months, the forums are putting too much of load again and we were forced to setup another server with DUAL processor. Things should be fine now..

thank for replying my confused question...i have known that the new server works for forum now is not related to host server our site used.however,my problem still bored me.i or other people located in my country could visit my site last week,but this week no one can open my site any more...i can not solve that :( because i dont know why a common sub site host in Xisto could not be opened at times.