xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webmaster_2006

I Hate Byethost! It is stupid

Byethost has to be one of the worst free hosting companies! They promise you the world, but they actually are giving you next to nothing! They give you a Control Panel that is so out-dated, Christopher Columbus may have used it! Half the time, pages don't load the way they should, or half the people trying to access a page can not properly view it. You have to pay to use PHP based mailers, to! Plus, the banners on every page are enough to make you want to punch your monitor, and say the heck with your whole website! So, after some coaxing from a friend, I decided to join here! Here's to a better free host!

lol. I totally agree. I've used Byethost for likd the 2nd day and gave up on it, because yes, its free, but you have to pay for every single little thing, EVEN WITH BANNERS. Freewebs is probably better than Byethost. I can tell you that.

The Control Panel, I agree with you. So outdated. The term 'Its so easy a caveman can do it' dosen't even apply to this because this dumb control panel was invented before cavemen existed. :D

Bytehost is by no means the best.Far from it.It's okay for html and php pages that don't include mysqldatabases.I find the pages load okay though,and that there islittle downtime.They're charging you for php sendmail?They never mentioned that to me.Maybe because I'vebeen with them for a couple of years.

ByethostI Hate Byethost!

I do agree their free webhosting stinks but I have been happy so far with my paid webhosting. If not for them I would not have learned as much as I have about html. Don't get me wrong, I still don't know as much as I would like to but I have learned quite a bit. When I had my first website up they fixed it so it would at least come up when you typed in the web address. Then I rebuilt my website and learned a lot. It was up for almost 6 months but I have since taken it down due to lack of customers. LOL Anyway I am building a new one but I am having to learn a new program because I have had it with windows and gone to Linux. Soon I will have another website up with Byethost.

-reply by Christi

I'm currently having a byethost account and the worst thing there is that when you upload PHP pages, it redirects you to a damn blog. It so very irritating. I even tried some corrections, that may be my pages may not have linked properly, but after evrything, it kept me redirecting :|The problem with most of the other free hosts is the apply the upload file size limit around 200 to 500 KB, whereas Byethost has a 10 MB File size limit. If you want to upload some pictures as in a personal site or blog, you simply cannot....

Dear friend you are at the right place now I have also searched a lot for a good host and search ended here at Xisto and moreover I learnt a lot here at Xisto. I was not knowing any thing about php even before joining Xisto. But now I have developed a full fledged news site after learning php from the discussions here at Xisto and thats why I am always thankfull to Xisto. Best of luck dear and God bless you.

I was considering getting byet host for the time being but i didn't like the names you had to choose from for the subdomains, and then i see this topic. Im definatly not getting byet host now, even though their feature page makes them look really good.

I thought byethost was goodI Hate Byethost!

I've never had any problems.

The reason it redirects to other sites sometimes is because you either haven't set up your ErrorDocument properly or are trying to download a .Exe file. Well maybe I'm just lucky because I can't remember it ever being down or any errors. I mean 100% free, no ads, mysql, php, it's a perfect free host.

I don't use the cpanel though, just ftp.

-reply by randomdude

HiI disagree. Bytehost is very good free hosting. I love its script installer. Not only the website, even Setting up blogs and forums is a snap when you use the script installer. I can't imagine why anyone would badmouth bytehost- unless you are refering to bytehost.ky which is different from bytehouse.com

Hands Down ByetHost.com is the VERY Best In the Business !In the over one year I have been with them I have not had 5-Minutes of downtime due to their "Clustered Hosting", I have always found their response time to be under 1-Hour on Support Tickets except on Sunday but who can complain about that, even Jesus said to rest on Sunday !I give them a 9 out of 10 an it would be a 10 out of 10 except they don't have a Legal Department behind them so if you get into a spat with a less than honorable person from a less than honorable host like https://www.bluehost.com/ ByetHost will take the higher road and simply revert back to their TOS - Terms of Service instead of following the letter of the DCMA-Digital Compliance Millennium Act which can work against you if someone is Slandering you and you try Slandering them back but their host speaking of BlueHost.com does not have TOS terms against Slandering but ByetHost does, ByeHost will suspend your account without notice.But with that said, if you don't have any Legal issues or trying to combat a disgruntled Affiliate then ByetHost by far is your choice in terms of price, service, and most definitely support which is second to none and unparalleled, for these reasons I look the other way as far as their legal department is concerned because what ByetHost does best is just what a hosting company should do best and that is "Hosting With Zero Problems !"I have two of their Premiumn "Un-Limited" plans and if I ever upgrade to a VPS it will definitely be with ByetHost.com, it may sound like I wear a big BH on my chest and if it sounds that way it's because it's true , I would not leave ByetHost.com if you paid me, I'm in until the wheels fall off.As for ByetHost's Free Hosting plans it's a great way to build "BackLinks" to your site by giving away free hosting plans that are sub-domains to your main domain with ByetHost.com, they will set this up for you also in less than a hour.Overall I'm more than pleased with ByetHost.com, but if you are looking for a battleground it's not the place to go to war, but if you are looking for the "Best Overall Hosting Package" ByetHost is your choice, they even allow you to pay monthly which can help many start-ups, we are pass that start-up point now with many thanks to ByetHost's support over the past year, but by offering month-to-month that says to me that they have confidence in their service and don't have to rob you of your money up front for a whole year, and I have found the service to be one word, "OUTSTANDING" !

They are one of the old hosting comapnies that i know but their services are always midrange. down time , connection quality and etc are average in this company.two years ago i was using their service and attaching one subdomain to my main domain took me 7 days to complete. but anyway if you want something average you can try this provider. they provide a service with unlimited disk space and limited bandwidth, i don't understand this one becuase when your bandwidth is limited why you should have unlimited disk space ?