xisto Community
delivi

Lightscribe Personalise Your CD/DVD

Yeah, the sticky labels really stink. Lightscribe looks very promising! However, that is the first problem with it. Products that look very nice and promising, turn out to be nothing. Meaning, I will not buy it until I read some reviews of actual people who buy it (not like infomercials, because we all know that those people are paid to say good things about the product at hand).

Hi Cerebral Stasis, :(  i hope tat u've misunderstood this technology. The Laser dosent cut the disc. To create the label, you've to put the label side of the disc facing downwards. The dye over which the beam falls changes in color and creates the designs on the disc. So no powerful Laser is being used in this Technology. So Pal dont be afraid of it. :B

Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding.

And I agree the sticky labels are a pain to put on a disk, since one needs a device to place them on the disk correctly.

However, with this technology won't the label be perminant? Once a disk has been labeled once, it doesn't seem like it can be labeled again, unless one would use a sticky label, after all.

Doesn't this need some special disk? I am sure it is quite expensive and supposedly the images can sort of fade after a few years. Also, I think they are just monochrome, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Not a bad idea though, just needs a few more years to fully develop.

222998[/snapback]

i think it would be quite expensive also, having to buy a completley news disk drive...

i think it would be cool to have one of those, just not upfront, i would want bugs to be worked on it before i buy it and have it brake on me and not be able to return it or whatever, but i think this is a good ideal that someone came up with, scratch proof..lol i dont think anything is scratch proof..cuz some way someone can scratch it..but maybe its not.

Hi pals, Every new technology that when it is introduced into the consumer market will be definitely expensive than the older technology. But as it gets mass acceptance and mass production begins the prices will go down. So I hope that most of us should wait till the prices go down and the media is widely available.

Although I havnt actually tried using a lightscribe drive, I have seen some of the disks after they were finished. It really comes out pretty good. But really, I have no need for one so I wouldnt get one unless it came with a computer I was looking at.

I've used a Lighscribe disc before, because it came with the computer that my mom got. Personally, I like it. It can take a while for it to create the label, but it turns out looking good, even with monochrome colors. However, I've only used it once. It's amazing...all this new technology we're starting to come out with.

Yes this needs special media with LightScribe Dyeing on it.

And u r right the Labels created wiil be in monochrome.But as of the fading is considered the developers claim it lasts longer.But we've to just wait and see what happens.

I hope it has been developed already. But Future enhacements like enabling Color Labelling by using a dye material that can produce various colors according to the intensity of the Laser beam incident on it.(Just my Imagination). :B

223000[/snapback]

what he said

this sounds like a cool technology for people who are too lazy to write on a lable on the disk,maybe it can be good for people who burns dvd or cds alot of time but either than that i dont really see much use in having to change your disc drive and media type just to get this feature,besides a marker or tip pen cost way less more.a feature i would like to see implemented in disc drives would be having a option of somehow repairing a scratched disc,dont know how they would do that,but it will be a good idea if they came up with that.I just hate spending money on a Game,then couple weeks after i cant play it anymore.

I heard of this somewhere... Looks like a pretty decent thing. I might get it sometime but there's nothing I have planned for something that does that. I haven't made CD's in a while...

Oh well its useless to try it .... But where acn u buy those Lightscribe enable Disc...... Its maybe a few more cents... I just wanna get a Bunch Of Them to Make... like a Backup of all my programms.... Disc... and few RIPPED GAMES :(

223083[/snapback]

You can buy LightScribe discs online, from HP or other retailers. But no, they run about a dollar a disc (with a case). I haven't had any fading problems (with the one disc I made), and found that the labeling process takes some time to work. Ripped games-your post will probably get deleted, and account terminated for writing that.

I'm afraid I have to agree with snipe. With this technology, one can make rips of games or programs that appear to be completely legit. I have a feeling that, due to this, piracy will soar (more than it is soaring already, that is).

A) The labels that you make are completely monoscale (no color)
:( When I said

Ripped games-your post will probably get deleted, and account terminated for writing that.

I meant that he is mentioning to the public that he makes illegal copies of software, and that OpaQue or another admin will kick him off XistoLightScribe discs are just plain CD-Rs and DVD+Rs, with a laser-printable label surfaces. Other than that, it's just a normal disc.

I have something that is really bugging me.... Where can we buy them lightscribe Discs? Because my computer came with 2 lightscribe enable discs and i just dont know where to find theses ? Maybe Online or a Best Buy ... Please could someone hook me up with this ?