xisto Community
Unregistered 015

Do You Read Other People's Posts? ...before joining discussion?

I try to read all the posts before I write my own, because this is a place for healthy discussions and I'm curious what other members thinks, feels about some things, situations from life and other things.There are some members who's posts I really like to read and I allways read them, but generally I read posts before sharing my answer with everybody. :rolleyes:

This thread should have a poll on it, heh XDLike most people.. I read the other posts if it's an interesting thread, or if there is only one page.. but when it's 4 pages of people saying the same thing... actually, I try not to post at all. XDBut I figured I had 'meaningful' input for this, suggesting a poll :rolleyes:....ah.. whether I read the rest of the thread or not, though, I read the last couple of posts. Sometimes people pick up on a conversation and start heading off topic, then you look stupid posting about the original topic in the middle of a thread that has changed to something else XD;

Lol, I do the same thing unless its a really interesting post, or if it doesnt have a lot of posts. Usually the main reason why I dont read them all is because I dont have the time to read them all. To be honest, I am also here for the contest but sometimes I do like to hear most peoples opinions on the thread and lots of relevant/new interesting subjects are made every day. Good Job, Trap 17 is a Great community.

I read all the replies in a thread before I post. Partly because I don't like to post if somebody else has already said the same thing. And I don't bother replying to threads that seem pretty trivial like asking your favorite color or something like that, unless it's something I'm really interested in. Since I read the whole thread, I only click on posts that seem interesting at the time. Otherwise, I wouldn't have time to sleep, or do anything else, lol. I have gotten interested in other forums in the past, and lost interest for one reason or another, or the forum was closed down. But I like forums, and need something to do with my time, and to distract me now that my Fiance has passed on. I spent over an hour composing my first post in the forum replying to Saint Michael leaving, and then almost didn't click "reply" because it was too personal, and I was kind of embarrassed about it. I read in the other replies that a post didn't count if it was a quote, and I haven't used this particular forum software before. I didn't want it to count, even if it was my first post here. So I just did one big quote of his post, and cut it up into sections and replied in that same quote box to each section. I have seen that done at various other forums as a standard thing. Unfortunately, at a first glance, I guess it looked like I just did a quote of him since my responses were all in the same quote box, instead of at the end. If you just skipped reading the quote box and looked after that for a separate area of words, there wasn't one. But I was afraid if my answer wasn't in the quote box, it would count as a post, and I didn't want it to count. So a Mod deleted it, thinking it was just a quote of him with no reply anywhere in it, since it wasn't at the end, and pointed out it didn't count since it was a quote anyway. So that kind of hurt my feelings since it took me so long to write my reply, and upset me so much to talk about that stuff. But it was just a misunderstanding, so no big deal. I'm kind of glad it got deleted anyway, since it was so intensely personal. I guess he/she kind of did me a favor by deleting it. I just hope they don't think I'm a forum spammer. I have been a Mod or Admin at several forums over the years, and hate forum spammers myself, lol.I would rather write a good reply to a few posts than a few words in reply to a lot of posts. I'm sort of looking for a forum to hang out at anyway. I need a feeling of community since I'm alone now. I want a free hosting account, and will get around to asking for one. But I need a community feeling just as much right now, so I'll be a regular here anyway. I see no need to go find another forum to hang out at and then come here, too. So far, this one seems to have a pretty good sense of community, and it has topics that interest me. I'm a member of a few other forums, but mostly two main ones. One is basically more business than community, and I drop by about once a week. The other one is from my Fiance's Gaming Guild, and he talked me into joining the Guild, since I game a little bit online. But everybody there misses him, and I feel a bit uncomfortable going there. I just haven't connected with anybody there very much yet, since the Guild is so big and has so many members. Most of them don't even know each other. So it just isn't what I'm really looking for. I think mostly I just go there because he can't anymore, and would want me too.

I only read the first person's post and see what's it about and if it seems interesting, I continue to read and sometimes I just quickly read the other posts and then I would just post. And sometimes when I decide to post, I see what other people has said, and that gives me more of an idea of what to read about, I guess.

yes,I do but not all posts.before discussion about a topic,i often look through some posts if not very long.because my reply always rely on the subject and others post often fill in many advised things which can help me to think how to give a appropriate reply. :lol:

If it's a really long thread, like this one, then I only read the original and maybe a few posts at the end before I post. Although I do try and stay away from long threads because what I want to say has already been said. Unless the topic really interests me.

to be honest ,as i believe is the case with most of the guys who are posting here i also came here because of free hosting but after becoming a memeber and now now after getting hosted i feel i have a resbonsibility on my side as well ,but i do not just login and pick up several topics in random and post replies without even full reading the topic or post some new topics just for the sake of getting credits,so whenever i post a topic i think a lot and i try to make it as much useful as i can to the reader ,also i dont post in topics where a reasonable answer is given for a question but i may however do if i feel the answer is insufficient or i can emphasise more on it ,i do read most threads in a post i want to know how can best contribute to that particular topic so mainly i would read posts that are intersting to me and are within my area of knowledge but sometimes if it is more than 4 pages long then of course i dont read all the threads ,also sometimes people sort of talk by threads so i dont spend much time on those kind of posts.i read posts even if know im not going to rite a reply to it and by that way i have upto now got really useful information and tips ,as someone mentioned i never reply to topics that are lacking any meaningful purpose and can be said to be more of entertainment than useful ,so ilogin everyday and read through posts and also i regularly check new posts even though i dont post everyday because wenever i post i search a lot through topics .

Yes! I really read the posts and try to reply as much as I can to the issues, and make comments to other people's posts. Some persons here are not as narrow minded as you think that would just post for the sake of the forum credits, although that is a part of the reason. The moderators read the post most of the time to see to it that we do not post banned stuffs like illegal links etc.

I usually just read the first post and reply to it if I don't have much time. If I do have time, I try to read the whole topic and then reply. Sometimes I'll just read a topic and never reply even if I've read it a few times.

i usually read the first post.. and a few below then make an opinion based on what they've said. i just dont have the patience to look through eery single post of a topic lol. i mean, i love to share my opinion but i hate having to drag in through everyone elses. so yeh, i do read other peoples posts... jsut not throughly.

Hm, it depends of the topic i guess...Usually i do read them, because i like to reply on more philosophical discussions and this is why you must here others opinions, to compare them wit yours and it is easier to express your opinion in like that....But if i am posting to a certain thing that is not of much "debate" nature than I usually just scroll to the bottom and than write a reply...Of course EVERYBODY SHOULD READ ALL THE ANSWERS WHEN IT COMES TO QUESTIONS...if someone asks something and somebody have already answered him, you dont read it and you'll post the same thing for no reason - you can quote and add if you think something is missing etc.All in all, I'd say 80% of the time i do check other replies :(greetz

Thats a tough one, I try my best to read as much as i can of a topic, but sometimes it gets really frustrating reading 3 or 5 or 9 pages to finally get to the end and post, so i read as much as i can and then read the whole last 2 pages, that way i should have read enough to determine an opinion. That way my post makes sense and it doesnt seem as though i have rushed through to the end of the topic and posted about anything. When my friend ran a forum and made me MOD i used to hate reading spam so i made my sig area "Always read before you post!". So yeah i do read it and then post not the other way around.