xisto Community
Unregistered 015

Do You Read Other People's Posts? ...before joining discussion?

It all depends on how much time I have on me. If I am in a rush, I am less likely to read ALL the posts before I reply. I always, however, make sure I read the first two or three posts to get a general idea of what has been said, or what question is being asked. You will look kind of stupid if you do not know what the heck everyone is talking about, and then you reply and it's WAY off topic. Believe me, it is very embarassing and I really try hard not to do it that much. But, if I have enough time, I have been known to read several pages of posts before voicing my opinion. It takes a while, but it's always fun to read what others think.

It really depends on how many replies there are in a certain thread and also my desire to read all of them :( I try to read everything before I reply but mainly anytime I respond to a thread I respond to the initial post. Another factor is whether it's a help situation where someone is looking for assistance. A lot of times when someone is looking for some help, whatever it may be, they'll probably get a bunch of different answers, and in that case, you have to read through everything and determine whether the advise given is correct or not. Also in that case you want to read though just in case your thoughts on the topic have already been covered...which makes you look dumb if you type in the same thing another member did...

Normally, yes, I do read others peoples post before posting my own. I noticed that alot of people don't do that. The times where I might not read the post is in the threads that have many pages with long posts. I notice that it's generally debate and rant threads that end up like this. I just read the last few posts in these kind of situations. Doing so usually gives me enough understanding of what is being discussed in order for me to join into the conversation.

Well, Arigato, most people don't because of one thing: greed. On Trap 17, they are after credits, and that means posting. They want to get it over with as soon as possible. So, most people will post a comment after only reading the subject of the thread. I don't enjoy this, and I am doubting that you do either, but some people just won't change no matter what.

well, if i don't have much time, i just read on the post and the first few replies. sometimes, it takes a glance for me to understand what the replies mean, so it's ok for me to just go ahead and post. and if i have time, i really do read replies. because sometimes, i comment on them (not just the reply to the post).

I normally read through every reply before i post my own replies, provided the topic is interests me. But if it's just like a common question or fact, I just browse through them and post a reply on it.

Most of the times i read peoples post(s). I wanna check out the scene before i budge in and talk about something that has been talked about before or something irrevelant. Sometimes I don't read the posts and just post. usually like when there are 5 pages of responses i don't read all of them. I just read most of them. But everytime before I post i read atleast two - three or more on each thread.

i read them sometimes, mostly i read in the other posts in the vent, just because it is verry interesting to hear what other people have to say about the problem/the rant..then i reply, but in other posts i just generaly read the first and last 3 posts and skim through the rest of the posts..then i post..some of the posts are jsut wayy tooo long to read through when the post is useless, but i suppose that is what you get for people who are trying to get their credits up..like me i kind of enlongated the post when i could have made it allot shorter than what it is now!!

Hehe.. I couldn't be bothered reading all the other posts for this thread too except for the first. I can see serenity's post, I'm reading it now as I'm typing this. Yeah, I guess I'm here for the hosting too, and for the community if I ever need help, or if I want to answer someone's questions.

I'll read the other people's post if the topic is not like 6 pages long. If the topic is like 6 pages long then I will just read the first 2 and the last 2 pages or something. But if there is something really interesting or something going on in the topic and the topic is 6 pages long I will read the 6 pages. I like to read the other people's post in the topic so I know whats going on.

It all depends on how many replies the topic has. It it has numerous pages, I probably won't even bother posting in the topic. If there are more then 10 replies, I'll just read the first post. And if there are less then 10, I MIGHT read some posts. I'm just that lazy. (By the way: I didn't read any posts in this topic)

yes. i do.... i only read people post when they actually put time in writing.. not just.. one or two lines. .. of course i won't be able to read everyone post or else it would take me all day just to reply to one topic.. Just read enough so that i get the majoirity point of view from people.well..i guess i'm kind of doing it for post.. .or else i wouldn't be here. I have other things to do in my life. .Alot of thing.. stress from school and everything happaning at the same time. But i don't spam or just make random post or random statement just to get enough point. I reason why i read is so that i could put some thoughts into my post.. and normally.. that get you the most points.. other then making 3 or 5 random statments that will only get you 1 or 2 points altogehter.

depending on the type of thread if its just a question type thread like this one i just answer the question unless i wanna see evryone elses answer...

I believe that it depends on the topic in question, although usually if I usually read the opiciones many other times I am hurried so that they don't give of low my web and with the language and I write directly without reading the opinions.Much of the topic depends in question that you this trying.If the topic that you this being interests a lot I will want to be informed of all that is spoken, but if the topic doesn't interest me he/she swims then I won't want or I won't have time to read me all the opinions.

Hmmm I do read if the topics are interesting and where there're some issues under stake or debate.But I don't read if the topics are quite general and there's nothing to learn from...such as what's your favourite colour. So in those topics, I do reply..and I look at the poll...but I wont'read all other people's posts. :)