xisto Community
Unregistered 015

Do You Read Other People's Posts? ...before joining discussion?

For me, I usually look at the first few posts (original plus several replies) before I add my own. It helps me get a feel for what the topic/issue is about in detail so that I can give a more-informed opinion and contribute to the discussion.

If the topic interests me I will read all post. Otherwise I just skim through. Some of the replies tend to get very wirdy and long winded but that's because of the credit system this forum uses. That can get a bit boring.

I do ocassionally.Like for example, for this one, I didn't. Probably because the topic asks a question, and my basic instinct is to answer it. Besides, I don't like reading. :)I do enough of that during school. I'm writing a story. It's pain rereading everything over and over again.

I try to read all posts if the topic is within two pages. If any more usually I read the first few posts and then the latest few (and usually I can gather where the topic is headed) - sometimes when it seems really out of whack I go back and read the whole thing.What peeves me is when people take little notice of previous posts and go totally off topic >.<

I always read every post in the thread. Even though this thread was not a very exciting read, I digest all 5 pages of it. Earths Daughter wrote the most (thought it kind of sounded like rambling). I don't always make a post after reading through a thread. I read them for the information. If I feel a post is warranted a response, then I'll reply.

And after reading completely through these 5 pages, I felt disappointed in some of the people at this forum. I am now wondering if some of my posts are even being read at all. There can be a thread that is 5 or 6 pages long with vital info in the middle that many will completely miss. I don't make replies to threads for the points but to respond to the subject being discussed. And there are many interesting discussions going on. As long as you are an active part of the community at this forum you can disregard the points because you will always be earning them. Make your posts count. Give back something of value to Xisto as Xisto is giving you something of value.

Yeah I like to read other people's posts in here. Or anywhere for that matter. And if it's something that I like or something that interests me. I'll take part in the discussion. It might be about something or someone I might like. Whether it is about a movie, song, actress, singer or something I just might like to do whatever it is. I'll read it and if I like it I'll say something about it. :) Maybe I might share other people's opinions.

Well to be honest, like many others I'm in for the hosting. But when it comes to forums, I dont read every post from every person on the forum. But if one or a few topics on the first page is something that interests me, I usually read the first post then try to skim through the replies untill I find a bit that interests me then I reply to the bits concerned.My style would be that I casually browse through the forums, find a topic that may interest me to read it, start reading the first post. If I find the first post interesting in any way then of course I'll reply to the bits I found interesting. If I dont, to be honest I skim through the replies (at least read a few lines off the replies) untill I find a bit that interests me to reply to the topic.Also another interesting thing is getting into debates on the forum, which to be honest actually takes up time, and it does interest you to read the reply from the person or people concerned. It can be addictive at times To conclude, as many people said, if a topic doesnt interest me, I dont bother reading it at all.