xisto Community
hulunes

Are You A Collector? anything

hey...do you have a hobby about collection.are you a collector.umm...generally speaking,that is not a hobby because anyone who maybe collect something casually.so do i.i do collecti some things like stamps,foreign money or coin,commemorated drink can,game cards...even the google logo :Pnow it is your turn,whats your so-called collection? anything to be appreciated. :)

I collected when I was smaller mobile SIm cards.. I had about 15 of them because I evry month needed a new number and few friends gawe them to me :P.. Now I stoped doing that but I have friend who have about 600 of cards that rise credit on your SIm cards (if you understand what am I talking about).. :)

Cool - same here, at least in the first two... I collect:

Stamps

Coins & also Currency Notes

Telephone Cards from different countries

Small statuettes of Lord Ganesha (the elephant headed Hindu God) - I got well over 300 different statuettes of Him.

Had a sizable collection of butterflies & moths, but gave up a few years back as it was getting incresingly difficult to maintain in absence of spare time.

That's all I can recall at this moment - I've always been into collecting stuff (since childhood) and am sure there are more weird collections lurking around in every nook and corner of my home.

Regards,

m^e :)

What a good idea this topic is. It's always interesting to see what other people collect.I collect Beswick horses. They were made in England by John Beswick Company and are made of fine porcelain. Beswick was bought out by Royal Doulton in the 1980's and then the factory was closed down about 3 years ago.The Beswick factory started out by making tableware and then expanded into making animals. The horses are my favorites and it's the largest line of all the animals. Each model comes in a variety of colors and some particular colors are more rare and so more valuable.I have about 60 horses and they range in value from about US$30.00 (for a foal) up to US$2500.00. My oldest piece is about 60 years old. It's a shame that there won't be any new models now, but hopefully the existing pieces will continue to go up in value as time goes on.

I use to collect stamps when i was young. I stopped when i reached my 6th album. It was fun back then. But after that I felt that it was too troublesome, that's why i stopped. Now I collect computer junks. Hardware and software. I just think that they're so cool. :)

I used to collect stamps and phonecards when I was a kid.. Thanks to the introduction of computers to my life, I now collect freewares that does great things.. Some on my list are Firefox, Google Earth, Skype etc. There are many more which may not be so common to the rest of us.. Also, I collect Operating Systems.. Yes I do.. I have a collection of them since Windows 95 till now Windows XP. I also had some Linux operating systems.. Ok enough of software collections.. How about something touchable? Magazines are also part of my collections.. My cupboard is fulled filled with magazines.. I guess I've never read them all but seeing them nicely packed and arranged inside my cupboard made me feel so nice..And lastly, I collect digimons.. Those digital monsters where u can feed them everyday and bring them into battles with your friend's digimons. I've collected afew versions but I've stopped collecting as its trend has stopped.. They are becoming antiques now. :)

I collect euro coins.Every country in Europe who has the euro has an individual image on the back of the coin. So it's fun to collect every coin with every back image from every country (I think there are over 13 countries who have the euro).

CDs. I only have about 50 now, but now that I have a job and nothing else to spend it on, I'll have more soon enough. Most of them are some form of metal or alternative music. I have a whole shelf of them XDI also have almost 200 bouncy balls. Theres a pinball machine in one of the stores at the mall that uses bouncy balls, and after you lose you get the ball. So whenever I'm at the mall (which isn't too often lately..) I spend whatever quarters I have on bouncy balls. Hmm.. I think that's it. CDs are the big thing, even though I still download a lot of my music. I figure if I spent the money on the CD, the artist shouldn't care if I download the song to have on my laptop. Slightly off-topic xP

I collect stuff about this particular blond american singer, from her CDs to her books. And those news articles about her, and books written and published about her. I trade live concert recordings (bootlegs from her shows0 with other fans. I also collect FHM Philippines magazines, I Have issue number one and never failed buying since then. I Have more than 60 issues already with some autographed by the cover girls and the inside page girls.I collect photography stuff as well. Single Lens Reflex cameras, Toy cameras, Lomocameras, and polaroids. And I use them.I used to collect tickets from rock concerts. But I harly have time going to concerts lately.

Well im really weird but i collect tag and stuff because i wanna go graphics when im older and stuff to do with dat because i think it is cool and i want to be able to have stuff the help me in my future like tags and graphically designed stuff.

Haha, at one point in time I collected Pokemon cards.. c'mon kids, you know you did too.I used to be really big on Coca-Cola items though, I collected a wide variety of old Coke bottles and coke cans.. I even met a guy when I was traveling in Florida that made airplains and other items out of Coke cans, and I bought one. I have a vintage coca-cola bench sitting on my back porch.. and a 5 cent coca cola sign hanging from my wall :)

I have a collection of baseball cards but I don't buy them anymore. lol When pokemon cards came out I was crazy about them. I think I was 8. I had all the gameboy games and stuff. I had a pretty big collection of pokemon cards but eventually tried selling them or gave them away. I never went for Yugioh becuase I figured it would end up like Pokemon plus it got old and boring. lol I attempted to start a collection of stamps, that didn't work but I still do have my baseball cards. I am gonna keep them til I turn 60 and pass them on to my kids and have them keep passing them down. Ought to make one of the future generations rich. :)

I haven't get any new baseball cards for a few years, but i have quite a large collection. (I'm actually going to start selling them off soon) I also collected happy meal toys and pez dispensers but I've given most of them away to my nieces. I'm sort of going through a phase of life now where I don't want as much stuff. I would consider myself in the past a collector of collections- a packrat. I don't know if I could give up the office supplies collection though. That one is really weird. I collect index cards in all sizes and colors and manila file folders to keep my collections of papers organized.