xisto Community
semeticsister

Stupid Teenagers! Grrrr....

I think that's a rather ignorant statement to make. If there was a kid who was really good at chess and was always sensible and never behaved badly; would he be a hypocrite for calling another kid who throws waterbombs at people, immature? I don't think so.

that depends on how you define maturity. does maturity mean to you someone who is quiet and well behaved? I think that's what it means to you. Just because the kid never behaves badly doesn't make him mature.

maturity means having the ability to make the right decisions. You can be mature and through water bombs at people. being mature doesn't mean you can't have fun.

mature: throwing water bombs at people
immature: throwing water bombs at people on the street from the 30th floor balcony

mature: being loud and randy
immature: being loud and randy at a funeral

And I thought I was the only teenager who was sick of other teenagers! I am so glad to know I'm not alone. The best thing you can do is become homeschooled and hang out with (real) adults. They make sense, give good advice, and are more likely to be there for you when you need someone to talk to.

No offense to anyone, but homeschooling is complete and utter bullcrap. First of all being homeschooled results in not only faulty social skills and some times socials phobias and disorders, but you are being taught by your mom or dad, who most of the time, are not liscensed teachers. There is just no reason for homeschooling to exist. Now, I understand if you have some highly contagious disease or a debilitating illness that would make it difficult or impossible to get to school, but if you are an able-bodied child, then homeschooling should be outlawed. It's just stupid.

I have been homeschooled since the tenth grade and am not taught by my parents. All I do is read a chapter and then take a self-graded test. I repeat this process five to twelve times depending on the subject. Once I finish the unit, I take an exam and mail it in to the school. They grade it and send it back with an official stamp. Once I finish all of the subjects, my diploma is mailed to me. I do not have a disease and can go to a normal school but chose not to. My main reasons for leaving "regular" school is this:- Part of my family split up so someone had to take care of my grandmother while my mom went to work. I could easily do my school work and take care of her for eight hours a day. She didn't ask for much but did have problems balancing herself while she was walking and that could cause her to fall over and get seriously hurt.I could easily go back to public school now but chose not to because I now live in a country where Spanish is the main language and I cannot speak Spanish well.Over all, I get better grades now and can go at my own pace. I learned more while being homeschooled than being in public school. Plus, I have a 4.0 now and at least half of my tests come back as 100's. I have gotten a maximum of 5 B's while being homeschooled out of a maximum of 30 tests.

teenagers are going to be mean, you just have to get over it, don't let anything get to you (don't just pretend it doesn't). Also grow bigger then most of the kids in your grade, the crap from other kids will stop.............as for homeschooling, I do agree that it does hamper the social development of people, but so does actually attending school. someone invent neural imprinting already

Yup, there is a lot and I mean a lot of jackasses out there in the big wide world, just ignore them, all they are after is attention, and if they realise that they aren't getting that attention, they'll just stop doing that jackass behaviour of theirs and maybe once in their lifes try to act normal.

Sometimes behavior depends on the enviorment of the bully. When I was in fifth grade, my teacher told me about her one and only dream class. She had about thirty students and only two were troublemakers. These two children tried hard to be the class clowns but never seemed to get any attention. One day, they suddenly both changed into good students. Maybe not A+ students but they behaved and turned their work in on time. If we could get all the bullies and mean kids two at a time into a class with good kids, maybe the peer pressure will work the other way and change the bad kids. We would have no more troublemakers! (At least temporarily)

that depends on how you define maturity. does maturity mean to you someone who is quiet and well behaved? I think that's what it means to you. Just because the kid never behaves badly doesn't make him mature.
maturity means having the ability to make the right decisions. You can be mature and through water bombs at people. being mature doesn't mean you can't have fun.

mature: throwing water bombs at people
immature: throwing water bombs at people on the street from the 30th floor balcony

mature: being loud and randy
immature: being loud and randy at a funeral

I agree that maturity is about making the right decisions and that being mature doesn't mean you can't have fun, however going back to my original point, I don't agree with your sweeping generalisation that teenagers have little life experience. I can assure you that there are numerous kids who have had more "life experience" then many full grown adults, and sadly there are plenty of immature fully grown adults. I'm sure that the OP is in a position to criticise the other students in his school.

I agree that maturity is about making the right decisions and that being mature doesn't mean you can't have fun, however going back to my original point, I don't agree with your sweeping generalisation that teenagers have little life experience. I can assure you that there are numerous kids who have had more "life experience" then many full grown adults, and sadly there are plenty of immature fully grown adults. I'm sure that the OP is in a position to criticise the other students in his school.

LIFE is made up of "general sweeping statements". That is how the world works. If the majority of cases are true, it is not just a "general sweeping statement", it because the NORM. Why would you argue with me on exceptions? There are always exceptions! If you want to be that way, you can't make ANY statements.

When you are talking about a particular group (teen or adults or whatever), you MUST make "generalizations". How can you even talk about them if you don't? Do you know what the normal curve is?

As for the OP... this guy is complaining about kids using "ur mom". Of all the things to complain about, this is definately not a "mature" topic to complain about. Seems, my "sweeping" statement will apply to the OP...

Unforunatly there are loads of ignorant, small minded individuals no matter what age group you are in. Your best bet is to just ignore them, and focus your energies on more importain things.In essence: Let their pettiness be their own problem, there is no reason to make it into your own. (Interestingly enough I just got a reading from the I Ching saying something rather similar to that a few weeks ago).

That's how racism works and all other forms of intolerance.

While I agree with you, I feel like I must point out that people must be allowed to make some generalizations--in order to hold discussions about more than one thing/person. The danger here isn't the generalizations themselves--it's people adopting them as gospel instead of keeping an open mind and judging things/people on a case by case basis.

Worst of all in them, this that they being stupid, think that they more cleverly others. It very much irritates :(

I'm 16 and a lot of teenage things annoy me. I hate the "emo" thing... people thing it's cool to be depressed but it isn't. The same thing goes to the people who think it's cool to have sex or whatever at an early age... And I hate how people say gay as an insult. I used to say it a lot but now I've stopped and I feel bad I ever did.

Saying someone is gay isn't even an insult anymore. For some reason, being gay or bisexual is the latest trend. One psychologist that has a show in the country I live in wondered why kids are taking such a serious thing as a trend. Its almost like saying "I'm going to kill myself in twenty days after drinking one bottle of champagne because its the trend!"