xisto Community
mystmag

Is Gmail Good? Respond

Gmail has been the best thing to happen to email, well since..., EMAIL began. Gmail is user friendly, and the best feature I believe is the labels function. Why waste one email on one label, when it could have millions. Also the 2.5 gigs is awsome. My email stays at 1% and I have had it for a year. Steady 5 long emails a day. And I use it as my PS so that I can back up my info on it :) and so GET GMAIL, not EMAIL

its better then most of the things available for free.i like it a lot.it has got almost all the features. what i want them to add is creating folders and moving emails in them.But if u have a msn live mail account its certainly better then that. I really enjoy mailing at my msn live mail account.

I used tons of varios different free email providers in the past, but i must say im really happy with gmail. Normaly issues with providers are either downtime (mail unaccessible), sometimes you dont recive some of the mail, and sometimes it takes ages before you get, and now thats really annoying, also the lack of spam filters or even worse, spam on that account by default are horrible. Another issue is also the reliability of the account (and your ability to keep it).As email account is very important becose most of the online services we use are linked to it (forum accounts, paypal, ebay, hosting, games, you name it) it is very important to have a good and reliable forum account that you can be sure youll be able to keep, and one that filters out spam (so that you notice the important stuff) who wants to check mail if he gets 100 spams a day, plus deleting important ones can sometimes accur (once i bought a timecode for a game from a guy, and cause becouse the subject was just "hey" which is a very common spam topic, i just deleted it, and waisted the timecode cause he didnt have it after a week.... (it wasnt the only one i bought off him so im pretty sure he really sent it))anyway i just started using gmail for all important stuff, and i would recommend it to all (if anyone needs an invite just reply here and ill send one)

The thing I like about gmail labels more than the folders that you use in other email providers is that you can use more than one label on each letter. For example, I like to save important chat transcripts, I have labels for each person who was there and the topics that were discussed instead of just throwing it into a one folder and forgetting where I put it. Then, once you label the letters you can archive them to get them out of your inbox.

Gmail is good.. I guess . i don't like using it because you have to go on a website to log in to actually view the emails. Where as when I use my browser thing for aol it automatically has the email box etc et.Althought gmail has so much space... mostof the time it's more than what SOME people need. :) It's good and everyone knows it lol. You don't actually need to ask...

Gmail is good.. I guess . i don't like using it because you have to go on a website to log in to actually view the emails. Where as when I use my browser thing for aol it automatically has the email box etc et.

But this is not completely true. I think you can configure your gmail account in your Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc, because can be used as "pop mail".

I don´t use it that way though, because I prefer to download emails from the site when I want, rather than in my own HD.

Yahoo has one grave disadvantage when compared to google: its ads policy is too agressive. Nearly half of the screen is occupied by stupid flash or animated gif when you open a typical yahoo mailbox. I have to block all of those with my firewall and the adblock add on in my browser. The other bad thing with yahoo is that its pop server is very slow. People sending me emails often complain of the time lag in delivery. Gmail is quite stable and it is quite fast. I am actually very happy with gmail service now.

After using Gmail for such a long period I just ask myself how could I be comfortable with Hotmail. 2mb space is ridiculous after Gmail.Use it and you'll be addicted in a week or so.

I really love Gmail :blink: .All the features and simplicity of the layout.I love the fact that you get a special feeling knowing thatyou have to get an invite just to be able to access it :ph34r: .So,yes Gmail is good =D.In my opinion anyways.

I have been using Gmail for about a year now. I first got an Invite(When Invites were rare) from a forum user at LUE 2. I've been using it ever since. It has great storage and the interface is nice. And if you want just a simple view in HTML you can choose it. I'm sure that GMail is going to get a makeover pretty soon and some major features will be added and also maybe a new interface even though it's fine already.

I am using GMail for the past one and half years. i've tried many different types of Web Mail, but there is none that is capable to be compared to GMail. GMail is my personal all time favourite. I sill have my Yahoo! Mail because it was my first e-mail account and I am using it for nearly 7 Years. GMail is simply the Best and will remain the best with new and advanced features for the time to come. Another main factor to like GMail is big mail box. So no need to worry about full mailboxes and bounces. But most of us will not be using the Space upto the Brim. I love GMail a lot and remain an avid lover until something superior than this comes into existence. If there is anything superior to this please tell me about it.