xisto Community
mystmag

Is Gmail Good? Respond

The inbox of Gmail is neatly organised and all the lots of mails can be easily organised with labels and can be fetched easily. Really cool.I am using 17% of Space

yeah, i use gmail (mikosoft.nitto@gmail.com), and its great. the thing that sux about it is that u have to be invited...other than that, its super koolio! I agree with the other posts that like gmail, i dont really wanna type wat they said. its great, and i got lots of mail and im only using 0% of my space! probably .78%.....im not sure! haha

Edited by GENERAL (see edit history)

I have a few gmial accounts and it's good but not good enough. It's cool you have 2GB of space and can send big mails with atachments, The option to set stars and filters is also a cool feature but the lack of an option to make new maps for your mail is something I really mis sometimes. But overall it's oke :lol:

I love Gmail compared to Yahoo and Hotmail. The interface is fast and really trimmed down, things always display properly (unlike Hotmail, which sometimes doesn't render properly in IE for heaven's sake), it's really fast, doesn't have annoying banner ads, and isn't from Microsoft (although I have to admit, Windows Live Mail plays catchup to Gmail). If you want Gmail, PM me your current address.

is Gmail better than other free email accounts, such as, say, Yahoo!? I have been using Yahoo! for a long time now, and feel that it is if not the best free web email provider. Gmail, I find, although it has close to three gigabytes of storage, does not have all of the features that Yahoo! has, such as powerful spam blockers, and AddressGuard, allowing you to make fake email addresses for each website that you visit.

well, i find gmail very useful especially with the addresses where you can send emails to. apparently, you don't have to store the email addresses. you just keep the mails that people send to you. emails that you send are also stored so you won't have any problems accessing them for later use. when you compose a message you can just type a few letters of the email address and a dropdown option will appear and list all the email addresses (or names) which contains the letters that you've typed. with regards to spams, gmail separates these emails from those that don't have any potential danger with it.

i'm using gmail now, and i loved it, the reason a loved gmail, is it's POP3 service, cause whwn i using yahoo, their POP3 service is not free in some country.next is the gmail doesnt have the big banner ads, but they use smaal text ads, wich i think i'll be savfe the bandwith.i think gmail spam filter is also goodand of course the capacity is big /nearly to 3gbi think gmail is still improving so we can expect another featuresand bytheway gmail invitation is never expire.

I personally like it. It gives you so much space so you don't have to delete anything; plus it has a simple interface so its not confusing for the users. It also has a search button to help you find stuff in your 1 gig of space, I like it more then any of my email accounts.

yes you are right buddy. gmail is very good then yahoo and rediffmail. because this is providing so many good option itself. like gmail providing 2.7 gb mail space, free web page creating service, chat and lots more. i know so many other companies are providing 1gb space, chat. but they are not providing in one page only. in rediffmail if we wanna chat then we have to create other ID for chat. i think this is hectic for people. but gmail. is a solution of this. you can search your existing mails on gmail. and security option is very good in gmail. like spammed mails automatically come in span folder. it doesnt effect on inbox or any other folder.

If you are posing this question I should say Gmail is good, to start with. It is not just good but it is good indeed. It is very good. The best part about Gmail is that it searches its contents and inbox very well. One doesn't have to look for folders and files to find archive or saved emails but with star marking and search it is too easy to find old emails.And the second feature is that if someone sends you an email for more than once than those emails will resides together in one leaf-let type of folder, it is like tree-like forum you can expand and see previous emails in the same page. This is really very useful. Since we don't need to open the previous mail to see what was the conversation.Thirsdly, spam filtration. I like it is very good in this as well. I receive less emails from those guys who want to transfer a huge sum of money from Nigeria and UK and other African countries.. obviously those cheating emails to disclose our personal information.And with Gmail Gmail chat is also interesting since we can chat directly from our email inbox.

Yes Gmail is excellent for those who want good spam protection, 2 to 3 gigabytes of storage that will make sure that you will never have to delete any more mail, also there is a built in search to allow you to find mail when you need it. The downside to Gmail is that it treats all mail as a conversation between each poster; this can be very annoying when you are trying to find mail and are tired. But there are so many good things that Google are trying to do with Gmail, for one the ever constant growing size of storage space. But if anyone that is reading this wants Gmail there is a topic that has Gmail invites on offer.