xisto Community
mystmag

Is Gmail Good? Respond

I recently received a Gmail invite from a close relative on mine, and am now in a state of pondering...from people who have used Gmail before, is Gmail better than other free email accounts, such as, say, Yahoo!? I have been using Yahoo! for a long time now, and feel that it is if not the best free web email provider. Gmail, I find, although it has close to three gigabytes of storage, does not have all of the features that Yahoo! has, such as powerful spam blockers, and AddressGuard, allowing you to make fake email addresses for each website that you visit. For example, if you visit a site for book shopping, you can create an email address as bookshopping-myemail@yahoo.com. Does Gmail provide any features like that? AddressGuard actually delivers all mail directed to that email address and places it in your own inbox, and then allows you to send email from that account.Please respond quickly! Is there a 'time limit' or something on your Gmail invites? I don't want mine to go to waste!Stephen

i belive it has many built in features like that, i've been using mine for over 2 yers nwo ithink, i haven't needed to delete anything at all. the spam controll is very powerful, and the emails are in conversation styles, as u can see the otehr emails in teh same conver u have been having with the other person. I recommend it, althought there are sum skeptics who say their tryign to take over the world by reading ur emails! well if ur scared of them sending their emails away 2 the government (which all webmails are required 2 do) its fine beucase u shouldn't have anything 2 hide.you can keep both if you desire, forward the ones to yahoo to gmail with a filter so u can kep all your emails and just read the ones ur getting on yahoo?its ur choice in the end tho

I really like gmail, and have been using it for about 2 years as well. Since some of the first rounds of beta testing. I really like the conversation style, however lately I have been using POP access so it really doesn't matter. I haven't heard of the addressguard feature, It sound really powerful. But you can be relatively sure if one of the big email companies introduces a new popular feature, the others will follow.PS If you need any invites I have tons of them that I am not using so just let me know.

if you got a Gmail you will get 100 left invited letters to share with others.gmail is becoming large day by day,especially its capacity,sprinting to 3Gbyte now :D. it is really an charming email i have ever used.

Gmail has a very very very powerful SPAM blocker, I have only once recieved spam in my inbox and have been using it for 1.5 years. I don't know if gmail calls it anything but the address guard feature is available in gmail simply give the address yourgmail+randomword@gmail.com and that will be delievered to your inbox. You can send from that account also although it isn't as easy as it is from yahoo, (I believe) All that said, Yahoo is a very good service, I use gmail, but if they were to cut me off I would probably go back to Yahoo!

Gmail is the best e-mail account that I have ever used. It has a lot of space (over two gigabytes of space). The one ad they have are from Adsence so you know the ad will not be annoying and will be about what you are reading. I have gotten maby one spam message since I signed up for Gmail so that is not a problem. The only downfall is the invite system but once you are in its no problem at all.

Personally I think that gmail is far superior to the other free email services I have used, it has a really clean and easy to use interface that intergrates the powerful and already familiar (probably) Goolge search feature (I know the others have search functions but they don't seem to reach the ease that the gmail mail searching does,. It also displays all of the email regarding the current subject as 'conversations' which I also find to be a usefull tool in organising email. not to mention the label feature (which is kind of like folders but somehow more intuitve, free pop access, and the ability to set up automatic forwards and labels for incoming emails based on address and subject. This is just what I think unfortunately for you the only way to know is to test Gmail, if you don't like it don't use it.

I've been really happy with Gmail; love the conversation style of messages, the filters, RSS features, etc. I've been using it for about a year now, and it's more or less become my regular email adress.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with Gmail. Some claim that Google reads the messages, but keep in mind that would mean that they would have to wade through millions of messages each day. I highly doubt they would spend the kind of money it would take to hire a staff large enough to undertake such a task.In other words, you might as well take advantage of Google's kindness.

I like Google Mail a lot and not just because of the close to 3 GB of data you get (About 2700 MB atm!) but also because the Gmail interface beats hotmail yahoo etc with ease, powerfull Google Search built right into your own mailbox makes searching and finding emails easy! The coversation style emails is very good as well, one downside of this is that you sometimes overlook an email if you receive multiple emails from a sender if they look much alike, this isnt much of a problem tho.You can make fake email adresses with gmail, google mail will send a conformation email to the adress you specified to make sure you're not misusing it.

Well I used to have yahoo!mail and i must say that Gmail is far far better, faster...maybe now it is not as fastit was before cos' there are many many more people using it but still it is much faster than yahoo imo. Other than that it has Bulkmail remover and virus checker, contact-grouping options, pop3 acces, you can also use it as a online disc storage with Gdrive and there are many many more nice features like viewing all the pictures someone sent you in a single window one below the other full screen...I'd say: SWAP TO GMAIL!! :)

the googlemail server ist also pretty fast :P

But you can't divide your mails into subfolders, but instead of that you can label them and they will appear in your inbox with their specific predefined label.

What I really like about gmail is that you can feel that they put some work into that code, since it has alot of small features and I love small gimmicks like these features :) and of course that semi-unlimited space :P

Conclusion : Go for it! :P

GMail is getting more popular each day. They're all switching from Hotmail and Yahoo!, etc. to GMail now. So uhh.. I don't know if you decided yet, but I suggest you sign up.