xisto Community
mystmag

Is Gmail Good? Respond

i wouldnt get it unless you dont mind google reading it....

As far as most normal email messages in your inbox are concerned, nobody reads your email. The ads are the same as the Google ads you see on web pages, which are computer analyzed and picked.

as far as the spam filter, has anyone experienced google not sending mail to your inbox that should be in your inbox? do they have a bulk folder than spam goes to? do they have pop3?oh heck....if someone has an invite, can ya send me one? i'm now curious here. i HATED aol when i was using them and i don't much like hotmail or yahoo. i use yahoo as my primary right now.

waw its fantastic mail service I have found!I am using gmail for 5 month, its never have problems!!!!!its great!!!!!! I am loving it!!!!

My Gmail account was actually superior to my work account and I worked for a BIG **bottom** company until this past April. Anyway...work gave me like 70 meg of disk space for my mail...which was laughable and got gobbled up every day. It was a maintenance nightmare. SO! I started giving out my gmail address, which even looks professional as most people go by the first name.last name convention, AND I had 2 GIG of mail space! Mind you...individual e-mails are still limited in size, you can't send a 2 gig e-mail anywhere (thank heavens!), but it's still the best damned free mail service around.AND, they're NOT going anywhere! Anyone ever have a Netscape.Net mail acccount before? I did! I USED to use it for EVERYTHING! Then I got sick and went in hospital for a couple of weeks...got out...and NO MORE NETSCAPE.NET mail! NONE! When they merged with AOL, they cruelly kicked all of their mail users in the knubblies and told them it was clearly in their EUSA, stale accounts could be terminated at any time. Disgusting, HORRIBLE business practice. Don't hold your breath with your AOL mail either...that's not gonna last long and I guarantee it.The only thing I don't like about Gmail? No folders. I hate that. THEY THINK that their labeling system is better. I just can't disagree more. In conjunction with folders, labels would work AWESOME. Isn't that how it works in the REAL WORLD?? Imagine an office with a bunch of labels all over kingdom come...with no folders to put them or your mail into...that's just silly! I think it has something more to do with creating gajillions of subdirectories on their servers (which I totally understand), but their stated reason is specious at best.My advice? Gmail ist goot!

I recently received a Gmail invite from a close relative on mine, and am now in a state of pondering...from people who have used Gmail before, is Gmail better than other free email accounts, such as, say, Yahoo!? I have been using Yahoo! for a long time now, and feel that it is if not the best free web email provider. Gmail, I find, although it has close to three gigabytes of storage, does not have all of the features that Yahoo! has, such as powerful spam blockers, and AddressGuard, allowing you to make fake email addresses for each website that you visit. For example, if you visit a site for book shopping, you can create an email address as bookshopping-myemail@yahoo.com. Does Gmail provide any features like that? AddressGuard actually delivers all mail directed to that email address and places it in your own inbox, and then allows you to send email from that account.Please respond quickly! Is there a 'time limit' or something on your Gmail invites? I don't want mine to go to waste!
Stephen

well, gmail and yahoo mail are the main mails that i frequentely used in daily life, i have exprienced in using yahoo mail for most 3 years, and use gmail for just one year,

i begin to use gmail when gmail just release by google in beta stage, in my opinion, gmail is more innovative than any other free/commecial mails, first gmail is base on AJAX techlogoly, doubtless gmail is the first one that build mail system on ajax, though yahoo, microsoft follow this way later.

the more important that why gmail make me to use it is that it give me totally different experiece when composing or view messages. and i like the simple and clean user interface, not like some other mail be fulled with a lot of advertising.

i'm afraind you don't know gmail very well, how can you say gmail don't have a powerful spam filter, in my experience gmail has high precise during find spam mail than others. anyway gmail is the most active group during production develop i always believe that, so maybe some other feature gmail not support currently, i believe they will come soon in gmail.

as i know gmail invation has no time limitation.

ps, any one wanna gmail invation, just send a simple message to me, with the subject "invitation require" to
derickkoo@gmail.com