xisto Community
FLaKes

Music Genome Project Discover more music that you may like

that is awsome i love it you kinda just get the feeling for a genra and just wana keep listening to it thats a good site ill bookmark it

Yeah, it?s true. The explanations are amazing... I don?t know how they do to categorize songs but yes, you click on the "why" button and some scientific-alike explanation appears about simmilar high-pitched sounds or whatever :)

I used to use pandora all the time. But it makes FF take up like 100 megs of memory, and started slowing down my computer, so now I use iTunes. =PI DL'd all the songs that I listened to on pandora, though :)

@ Uentil, stay away from one liners or you'll be in trouble.Pandora is a pretty cool place. I tried it once a long time ago when I was still not that much into music and it was interesting. And now that I've begun listening to music, this site is awesome. I just hope I don't go crazy and get more songs than I need. My friends did that a lot.

I have kind of already got bored of it. It always repeats the same bands and their same songs after a while. The only thing its good for is discovering new bands but when you have already gone around their loop its all over.

I absoultely love Pandora. I've found tons of music I love that I wouldn't have even considered listening to before. For the most part, the music suggestions seemed to match up with what I like. But then occassionally a song would come up that was nothing like what I wanted. That's easily solved by giving it a thumbs down though. The more music you listen to and rate, the more accurately it works. Definitely good if you seem to be stuck in a music rut.

I had stumbled upon pandora back when it first pretty much started, but never bothered to get into it and configure everything so it knew what i truely liked.However, this summer I work at a web development company on a computer thats not really mine. So all my wonderful music doesnt travel that well with me. I was just brining in my mp3 player and pluging into the speakers, but theres always those days I forget the carger and its dead on battery, or I forget it at home. Then I re-discovered Pandora and have been using it since. Its great listening to music i enjoy without comercials and the ability to skip every once and awhile if its somethign i dont enjoy. Also allows to to discover some new songs while I'm at work :). I really wish I could listen to pandora while I was driving, I hate the radio stations that have like 10 minutes of straight comercials, only to discover they will play a song I hate with a passion.

A Missing Type of MusicMusic Genome Project

The Lord be with you

I have tried, using pandora, to get a station that plays clasic hymns, preludes and postludes based on such hymns, and the like. Hymns like: A Mighty Fortress is Our God; Songs of Thankfulness and Praise; Jesus Christ Is Risen Today; Dear Christians, One and All, Rejoice; Go to Dark Gethsemane; I Come Oh Savior to Thy Table; Blest Be the Tie That Binds; etc. I do have a number of CDs with such music, if there is a way for me to submit them and you can use them, I will. Many Christian colleges and universities and seminaries have excenent choirs that record such music. I highly recomend the recordings made by the Concordia Theological Seminary Kantor. 

Blessings in Christ,

John Rickert

I tried using the site but it won't allow users outside of the U.S.That's true about genre's anyway. All these genres really are, are creations of record company marketers. The music industry really prevents people from listening to music,rather than making it available. That's why I no longer listen to the radio anyway. All the music in the world is the size of an ocean, yet all the music industry makes availableis a mere trickle, yet they can convince people what to like through the power of brainwashing. The sooner the music industry dies the better. Return the music to the people.