xisto Community
vedjotri

Google Declares War On Microsoft!

Google owns, i mean Google Mail with over 2GB of space, really big search engine, its extrealmy good, and if they come out with an Free Operating System, good bye Windows (that crash to much, and has to manny viruses). Google for Life!~ Arne-Christian

Its hard to predict what the outcome will be in this war of titans. Google's influence in the industry is exponentially growing, although i think they'll eventually walk onto a brick wall.

Dont forget, Microsoft is being screwed over by ALOT of companies, not because they suck, but because companys are trying to tear down the monopoly, if Microsoft wasnt attacked from every single side (AMD, GOOGLE, SUN MICROSYSTEMS, HACKERS/etc) they could bring new products on the market without hesitation or delay.

People nowadays are too much influenced by media, everyone blames microsoft, but they all forget that microsoft (even though they ripped off dos) is the groundlayer of the computer of today, it could have taken a much longer time before the technology of now was developed. Microsoft made many things possible, had one of the leading roles in developing computers and their industry.

Some people know that microsoft has, at one point, attempted to encourage some competition, simply because this is what the client/user needed. But the competitors are now combining forces to bring the groundlayers down?

Ok, we are bored. Time to tear down microsoft, Google..you in or out? Decide damnit!

(sorry felt like doing that quote lol)

I realize that Microsoft has made a lot of enemies, and that's just because of there monopoly, and ofcourse what' Mr. Bill Hates--I mean gates, has done in the past. But I still don't think google will be able to pull it off.

Google owns, i mean Google Mail with over 2GB of space

So? There's a website that gives you over 30gigs free. And I've never even heard of them. That doesn't really mean anything.

wow..sounds awesome if really like that.google is powerful extremely at present IT kingdom.its popular degree from people is steady and more than befor later.microsoft just does the contrary...

Most of the people would cheer at google while shouting at micro$oft because we all hate Microsoft. Any competitor would be able to win support from the computer world no mater it is Firefox, OpenOffice, Google or Linux. Google has won over the war with M$ over internet mail boxes, over the war in search engine and I bet that blogger.com would have a brighter prospect then space. Everyone knows the intimate relationship between sun and google and I hope that by including google in the camp of openoffice, we will have an alternative to Microsoft?s products and will phase out the old as Firefox displaces Internet Explorers from the computing world.

though I am a Windows user I treat this news as a good one. Having used some of google's services like toolbar, search engine as well as email I feel that they have the capability to be at least a threat to Bill Gates' Microsoft. Someday a new Operating SYstem made by Google will appear and I will certainly give that a try.

Apparently, this news is not true. This speculation has been quashed by Sergey Brin.
Read on if you're interested.

Perhaps it's a pity, I had almost started looking forward to GWrite, GSpread, et al ;) But, on the other hand, it's good because this would have really fueled the Google-is-Big-Brother image, which I would not be entirely happy about.

Cheers!

No, they are not "attacking" MSN Messenger; they are simply offering an alternative, which is their right as a business. For example, if I started a new computer company and began selling commercially-manufatured computers, similar to those of Gateway, Dell, and Compaq (except that they would work, of course), I wouldn't necessary be "attacking" any of those computer companies. I would simply be competing. Business (when done honestly/lawfully, anyway) is a race; not a war.

Nice, that would be pretty sweet if this really does come out. This will definately get some attention as it is a much cheaper alternative to Microsoft's Office software. I think that the place where we may see this used a lot will be in schools and other places that tend to have vast amounts of computers concentrated in one area. Well, only time will tell to see where this project goes and whether or not it will turn out to be a success or a flop. Thanks for the very interesting post, by the way. Keep up the great job!

Wow lol i was waiting for this lolfinaly another pc friendly company is taking them on lol!!!!my life is nearing completion loldamn this is good ok well yeahgo google!!!

Well let me see... Eaten by a shark or eaten by a Lion... tough choice, but the same resultsI don't believe that it makes much of a difference which one of these companies get to be Number One... as noted earlier, they both are so focused on the almighty dollar that providing the service to us consumers is not the principal purpose for their existence. Methinks they are both too large for their own good. Google will run into the same size and market share issues that Microsoft did, in one way or another, sooner than later. I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch it all happen.

I have to disagree. I've never considered Google to be "focused on the almighty dollar", although they undoubtedly are. I think that they offer lots of quality free services, which is more than one can say for Microsoft.

Apparently, this news is not true. This speculation has been quashed by Sergey Brin.Read on if you're interested.

Probably a pity if anyone is looking for competition, although in my opinion It'll have to be a good thing considering it costs a lot to start and to go up against a monopoly in the presence of everyone's "best mate" called Bill aka Microsoft. There has many companies rapidly expanding against established competitors and then going broke shortly after, which IMO which would have to be one of the big mistakes when a startup doesnt have a lot of cash, and their research hasnt been done.

In regard to Google, them beating Microsoft in the email and search stakes is a good platform to build on, followed up by being innovative in G-mail signups (ie the mobile phones) and its simple 'Messenger' aka Talk service is a good way to make their mark into the internet/software industry.