xisto Community
Alex_W

Canadians Vs. Americans

It's not only google that china bought off.  Microsoft and Yahoo both agreed to have chinese search results filtered for words such as freedom of speech and other such things.  The big search companies are just doing it so they can get access to the chinese market.

BTW the student protest was called dubbed the "Tiananmen Square Massacre".  This happened in 1989, so it was a while ago.

As for the US... I think they are a bunch of hypocrites (As I said before).  They rag on people (china) about human rights but then they go and torture people.  I saw on some news program that they try to make arab prisonners talk by degrading them.  They get females to sexually dominate the arabs to humiliate and degrade them.

This is so ridiculous.

211911[/snapback]

I'm not from Amercian so i can rag on China and The U.S as much as i want..lol...go Canada!..lol

0o i didnt know they also bought off microsoft and yahoo..wow that's just sad. I guess it's easyer to control people if they dont know what their missing out of.

well to talk about the china and human rights don't forget they brain wash protesters as well so they think they believe china rules or somehting like that. watch this documentary on china talk about some crazy stuff over their, heck even the women in the chinese army are brutal along with the north korean women that are in the military, thats brain washing right there.but on the canada thing though yeah i would agree thats what hte border would look like but of course how many canadians do you see trying to cross the border illegally for a new start in america not to many, thats why borders are so loose like that.

Well first of all I would like to say that the U.S did ask places in Europe to help in the war. I think people are just upset about the Canadians not joining the war because they are our next door neighbors. I personally don't care who joins the war as long as it ends soon without many getting hurt. If the Canadians don't want to get into the war I completely understand. They are not the United States and they don't have to help us take care of something we started. Of course it'd be nice but it is up to them and there are a lot of other countries that can help too.

Canadians and americans.... I've always thought that canada is the most european country of America (the continent, obviously). So that would mean that they are less interested on stuff that the U.S. is interested on. Considering that the U.S. has a president really concerned about his people's problems and, obviously, about the vital space for all of them, it is not surprising that they look for that space and resources in other (less interested, poor and weak) countries... gosh...

Anyways, cheerssss to all those american intelligent bombs!!!!

I don't believe the United States deserves all this negative critism. They took out a known human rights offender, who cares if it's for the wrong reason. Also if you scrutinize other countries I'm sure you will find plenty more abuse then in the US. In my Poland we had a president that stold millions and got away pleading psychotic for example, and I doubt other countries are clean either. I hope the United States keeps on going, it might not be perfect, but I shiver thinking of the alternative.Many of you also underestimate Canada's role in the world. Let me point out almost all of the world's uranium comes from canada. So much for being a peacefull country. Anyways, I love Canada, met some awesome people from there and am perfectly fine with them not going to war. But they do have to explain themselves cause their say is globally important.

I'm trying to remember back to the pre-Iraq Invasion and I seem to recall that Canada's opinion at the time was that Saddam Hussain should be dealt with. That much we agreed with the Americans, but the problem was the methods to be used. I am not referring to the requirement for Military Force, but the methods in regards to the inclusion of the United Nations. A major factor for us Canadians not getting involved had to do with the lack of support at the U.N. level. I also believe that if the UN had've approved the mission, Canada would have gotten involved. Just like they did when the Kuwait Invasion was repelled. (Daddy Bush's Big Adventure)Another thing to consider was the requirement by International Law for the invading force to be responsible for the future development of the "liberated country". The US is now discovering that that is an important issue to contend with. Before the US can pull out, there are a whole pile of things that must be taken care of and it hasn't been easy to complete these requirements. Canada and other countries recognized that a long time ago, and their wisdom is now showing.Just a few points in Canada's defense. These same points would apply to many other countries as well. My thoughts are with all the parties involved, and especially the families of Military and Civilians who have lost a family member in the dispute, on either side. Whoever said "war is hell" sure got it right...

Europe.. isn't a country.. It's a continent. But I appreciate your deliberate peace and articulate speech. Hella damn proud of being Canadian myself. <3 I've had many American friends, they are nice.. In a different way. However tend to irritate the *BLEEP* out of me when they tease me about pronouncing things "wrong". But I believe most can be ignorant and don't seize to think; everything they do, is the right way. I also have a strong belief, in all honesty, that us Canadians are losing our reputation. We're becoming more & more a like Americans. It disgusts me. But we'll never lose our patriotism. I don't understand how Americans have to be so obnoxious.. They make fun of us.. for what? Calling hats, toques.. Saying "eh?" (Even when most don't even use this term) Our nobel animal, the beaver. Our PEACEKEEPING army. Our obsession over Hockey. For living in a cold climate that supposedly makes the assumption we live in igloos, ride dogsleds, and ice fish more than often. Have you ever, ever been paying attention to America, itself? America: The country of ignorance. The country that pollutes more than any other country in the world, LITERALLY. American obese citizens who are thrown away if they have not money for Health care. States fighting over WATER. Their government collecting taxes and providing it all to their military. There is a lot of hatred towards America. Canada is allies of many countries. Our Army is there to support and help. NOT to make war. Our country would never do anything outragious. Canada is a independant country with actions that help for better. Whether it's sending our brave soldiers to Afghanistan to provide help to the hopeless to making sure our citizens meet the needs of the quality of life. It is true, majority of Canadians are friendly people but- we do have our rude people too. However, we are all still humans. We can't really blame a country for the wrongs we do constantly. It's mans act and it's killing the world.- Proud 15 year old female, Canadian.