xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zorkaplex

Longest Word What is the longest word?

if i were a scientist i would come up with something and just make a EXTREMLY long name just to #### ppl up trying 2 say it likenegahifintslksadksdfjeintkylukljdskfidjkddsfatrrneoicjsdfdgkvoidfnefdsafasdjfkljjcoivmehaoixcnvaegdvegjditoewjhngomfioenaioboaheiuodfasgjkgeijtgrjgkniorjtgioemngioasgioanmgihmeoifmieamvoeniotgjeioaja49adjklfjalfjklbnriofnieaefanjdlfkjefioajgnonoiafhiofahgewdkasdjhfajifjeoiavioefnmigoaioejfghoiajiofnaoenfiongineginaoiflkjdiongfakengoidlkgoeijgklnhoisadjtoisahgkleoihfaoihoieghaoksdiogeshdojkfdaoiefhodashglknvoiehifaldshgklehgoeiwpqtoiphdlksnavcnsofhailneghoidsnytgodisvhalksjdgahcblnasdvoiaewgnmcvlasetopupwqvblkcvsdafacvzcxvmnzxcvsodhfowoeqalnjhlakdshjcvnxjasdhfaweowopfoahdgjhadjklhkjhcmnvakjsehtgeoitgasoihalhsdgleoiqwoytoapitioapeodsghsdhvlkjaslkdfklaoiefoiahohglvhlkasdlg;ajioetjhignaksjkldjgiowyethjgksdhglnboiertuioaeiasginsjgliotegoiawjertiojasginsdfuqyewiowjqtijhglkjasdioaghaiohtg90ewghoiadjsgjkgakslnvasfklsdhgldfopaejwoigjlsgjkslaghwjtfejkhifbashfguwtgaoicxbcvsaehiorfjasfioetghjshand yese i no i put a 49 and a 90 in there big deal wanna fight about it? :)

Dang, that one with over 1,000 letters in it is straight up crazy. What if you had to add that chemical formula to something or write it out in ionic form or something. It's amazing that there are some people out there that actually know things like this. Good posts guys! It really got my attention and interest.

I've heard it is antidisestablishmentarianism as well, but I'm not even going to get involved with the chemical names. Especially when chemicals from the periodic table bond? Whew...

Actually "pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism" has 2 more letterrs than antidisestablishmentarianism . But "aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic" (which i cant really read it well) was attributed to Dr. Edward Strother who dies in 1737... woah thats one LOONNGG word lol. i researched it up on ask thats how i know :) .

The longest dictionary term in the world goes to the swedish language. it is 130 letters long. here goes:nordostersjokustartilleriflygspaningssimulatoranlaggningsmateriaelunderhallsuppfoljningssystemdiskussionsinlaggsforberedelse-arbetendid you get all of thatHere are some other interesting word factsLongest non-dictionary term: 1913 letters(Im not spelling it out)Longest without any of the 5 main vowells:twyndyllyngswith only one vowell: strengthsAll of that information from Guiness Book of World Records

See http://blog.dictionary.com/

So the longest ENGLISH word is either supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, or if you are counting the names of diseases, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. If you count places in the world, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is in Wales. There is a 1,913 letter long chemical compound.

It all depends on your perspective...

I found:

Lopadotemakhoselakhogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphiokarabomelitokatakekhymenokikhlepi kossyphophattoperiter­alektryonoptokephalliokigklopeleiolagōiosiraiobaphētraganopterýgōne

It is supposed to be a big dish consisted of Fish slices,
Fish of the Elasmobranchii subclass (a shark or ray),
Rotted dogfish or small shark's head,
Generally sharp-tasting dish of several ingredients grated and pounded together,
Silphion "laserwort," apparently a kind of giant fennel,
A kind of crab, beetle, or crayfish,
Honey poured down,
Wrasse (or thrush),
Was topped with a kind of sea fish or Blackbird,
Wood pigeon,
Domestic pigeon,
Chicken,
Roasted head of dabchick,
Hare, which could be a kind of bird or a kind of sea hare,
New wine boiled down,
Wing and/or fin,

I am not exactly sure if this would be considered an english word or a word in general though.......

Wow, reading some of these words it amazes me that people know how to spell them in the first place...I'm going to put out the assumption that some of these are written down to refer to for the people who need them(especially like the chemicals)

Holy Moully Saint_Michael! That chemical word is huge!! I don't think I'd know where to start with trying to say it! I don't really understand why someone would create such a long word! It would be the most difficult thing to say! Can you imagine it being used in the lab?

'Hey Kyle can you pass me the test tube there'

'Sure you mean this Acetylseryltyrosyleserylisoleuctlthreon...'

* Six Hours Later*

'..prolylanlanylserine?'

'Yes Harry the Acetylseryltyrosyleserylisoleuctlthreon...'

Thats hurting my head just thinking about it! :)

Most of those long words sound like rubbish to me.. Not like you can actually pronounce that 1000+ letter word. I just had a thought about how to draw the molecular structure of that thing :lol: You'd need atleast 100 pieces of paper ^_^Anyway I don't see any use for these words, except for when you need to fill a paper and you can only use 1 more word :D

what is the longest wordLongest Word

I think it is...

asseocarnisanguineoviscericartilaginonervomedullary consist 51 letters...

-reply by jenny mae molina