xisto Community
selim

Those *darn* Banners That Appear Between Each Post. The smiley one especially.

I'm here to rant about that *darn* banner about the smileys. You know, the one that makes a noise everytime your mouse scrolls over it. 'Say something' and 'Whaaaat'. I understand adverts are what help keep Xisto free but that one needs to go. Replace it with one that doesn't make a sound or is so bright and flashy it gives you epilepsy whenever you glance at it.I bet it's going to appear in this thread too.

OMG I so know what you mean about that Ad. I annoys me so much that I end up turning my sound off cause I cant stand hearing it. It is so annoying and everyone else at home agrees as well.It should be changed, or at least the sounds taken off it :|

I know they are bad, but when you hear them, think of the great service you get. They do, after all, support trap a great deal, and I am willing to tolerate them for the service.I don't like the pop up ads, I think they are the worst, because they pop up right when you are trying to get somewhere. But I tolerate them too guys. Besides, like I said, with out ads, there is no hosting :P

It's not so bad. But, it can get annoying. These people are starting to make ads more and more flashy. Reminds me of those first banner ads that flashed 1000 times a second when people started learning about "banner blindness". These flash ads are another attempt to get people to pay attention to the ads. If you can't "see" it, maybe you will hear it.

ahaha.. the first time i encountered that ad, i didn't know hat made the sound.. Until i moved my mouse up and down and noticed that it made a sound each time. and i looked at the ad and saw the smilley face moving.. AHAHmaybe it should be replace with ads like shooting soemthing and win something. People would actully click on it more just to play the game. By the way, do you guys know which advertising campany have those types of ads?

Yeah they do suck, but it's the way to make money from a business with free hosting. Try putting a POP-up blocker that finds differant scripts and disables them. I've seen one but can't remember the name.

Hmm I never seen that ad :P I don't see ads between posts at all, I dunno why though... And those I do see are those under the shoutbox, but I should be glad I think, since the ad you descibe really seem annoying.

Well this has nothing to do with Xisto just to clear that up. The ad networks that pay to put their ads on this site seem to have no respect for the people who post here. If you annoy me with a bunch of crazy sounds I will go out of my way not to buy the product or go to the site. Using sound with advertisments just does not draw people to the site it annoys them away and advertisers need to realize.

maybe it should be replace with ads like shooting soemthing and win something. People would actully click on it more just to play the game. By the way, do you guys know which advertising campany have those types of ads?

iPods have ads like that. "Shoot the target and get a free iPod!" And then you play the game about 10 times, never with the intention of getting the iPod, till you realize how easy it is.. They have them all the time on Kings of Chaos :P

As for that smiley one with the sound.. the first time that happened to me, I'd just gotten my new laptop. I thought I'd already managed to get some annoying adware on the thing, since I had (have..) some undetectable spyware on my desktop that randomly talks to me every now and then. But I eventually figured it out.. I don't understand how companies think these things will attract you to their product. Really.. annoy your potential customers, it will draw them in! Ugh.. marketing.

The wonders of Firefox + AdBlock. Does anyone know exactly how AdBlock works? I think it still downloads the ads, it just doesn't show them, hence Xisto gets the same effect as if I didn't use AdBlock (since I don't <- snipped -> for goddamn smileys or screensavers or mortgage help anyway.)However, if AdBlock actually stops the ads from downloading (and hence makes it look like t17 has less visitors) it should probably be turned off.Anyways, who do those *darn* advertisers think their audience is here? Ads for mouse cursors, screensavers, wallpapers, smileys..... a large minority of us aren't pre-teen idiots who jump on that stuff. Seeing as the advertising companies don't know anything, i'm just waiting for the 'enlarge y0ur m4nh00d' ads to start popping up.}

Jeez. The whole purpose of putting these ads all over the forums and their site was so that they don't appear on yours. Don't you guys show a little generousity?!just turn the sounds off. At least they're not pop-ups. And you're going to leave the page anyways. Ads don't annoy me unless their pop-ups. So learn to deal with it, they're just banners.

I have absolutely no problem with them. I have Nortan Internet Security (I think that's why it doesn't show) so when it is enabled I don't see them. When I have it disabled I still don't find it a bother. It's not like it's a really persistant pop-up that just won't close (I hate those). I pay no attention most of the time, I really don't notice them.

I havent gotten the smiley one yet. The one i hate (and i keep getting it) is one, i dont even know what its about, but it has a girl with a white coloured bikini one, and and thats all you see is her cleavage and bikini. I really dont like having breasts popping out at me. I also keep getting one that has a baby on it, thats not that bad. I just really hate the one with the bikini top...