xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

How Do I Make A (video) File Smaller?

Replying to sagaYou don't have to reduce the quality. My friend has a video that is only 320mb and its a very high quality movie and it is 120 mins long. I'm not sure how it was done, but he found it and the format was mkv I think. I think it can be high quailty but it can depend on the format

i'd suggest trying to youtube the video and then using the youtube embed code to integrate the video into your website that way it's easily viewable via youtube and if you link your site in the description you'll get more traffic and link-backs from youtube.com.Also that way you won't use any bandwidth as the video will be hosted at google.com and if you want you can even use megaupload or rapidshare to upload the video file itself and then post that alongside so your users may download the video if they so choose.

The way i'd covert the files is first convert the files to half resolution or minimum 320x240. Then I would convert the file/s to FLV. and use a flash video player to use on the site. I'm not sure on what file size the video will end up being though. Hopefully it'll be under 100mb. Surprisingly Youtube HD files are well over 100mb ;)

Ok, I want to host a video that I have in my computer, but the problem is that the video is too big, 790MB. My host can't handle a file that huge so I was wondering if there is any way I can make the video file in my computer smaller? I don't want to mess up the video and make it smaller, I was wondering if I can keep the current 790MB video that I already have but copy only about 10MB of the video into a new file that I can use for hosting. Anyone know?

Well first you can not record as much this will make the file size smaller or you need to go through your video recorder settings to make sure its not fully HD or this while be a big size to upload or send to another person.

I have the same problem! That's why I searched it up on Google. Then I found your question! I want to compress the file by at least 5 MBs(megabytes). The file size is 42.4 MBs and I want to upload the video to Plunder, where I can only upload a file 37 MBs or less.

you could try compressing it using programs like divx..http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Or you can use the best Microsoft tool for editing videos,for simple users called Windows Movie Maker.If you can't find it go to start menu,click Run,and copy following: C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe Your Movie Maker will start.Now using your cursor drag your video to the list with files called Collections.See if there is button Show Timeline,if there is not just ignore.Drag your video from collections to the timeline.Remember that your video should be dragged to the start of timeline.Then find the link called Save to my computer on the left side.Choose name and your folder to save.Press Next and choose Best fit to file size.Then choose how much your video to have size.REMEMBER,THIS IS NOT CUTTING VIDEO,THIS IS JUST MAKING YOUR VIDEO MORE SMALLER TO GET SMALL FILE SIZE!

Ok, I want to host a video that I have in my computer, but the problem is that the video is too big, 790MB. My host can't handle a file that huge so I was wondering if there is any way I can make the video file in my computer smaller? I don't want to mess up the video and make it smaller, I was wondering if I can keep the current 790MB video that I already have but copy only about 10MB of the video into a new file that I can use for hosting. Anyone know?

Dear friend one way is to use some zip software like winzip or winrar. Other wise you can also use video formats like .swf or .flv which are very small than usual formats like .mpg. For that you can get many free and paid video file format converters. You please search the same in google and you will get a good software for the same. These are the ways which I am using and fully satisfied with. If you have any doubt with video format conversion please feel free to ask.?

you can compress as much as you want but you have to compromise the quality. Now a days it is being research how to compress video wihtout losing quality posilible.
There are many algorithm developed offer their quality and compression ratio. you can read details about if from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_compression
Divx offer good compression compare to quality.

download winrar. Select the file to compress. Then on the top click wizard, follow wizard and on one screen it has the option to split the file. Finish till end and hey presto!!

here are the solution 1st make smaller vedio dimension2nd make smaller bitrate for vedio3rd make smaller fps for vedio4th make bitrate for audio to be smaller like around 128kb/s5th put it in winrar or winzipthen u shuld have smaller vedio size tht can be share on webfor best compression is depend on the format of vedio for best compression vedio format is .mkv its use mpeg4 format with high compresssionthen u can put it in winrar or winzip an compress its....1.49gb after compression its 380mb.720x480551kb/s15fp/s