xisto Community
Travis18520

Psp Vs. Nintendo Ds handhelds

Although I don?t have neither of them, I think that PSP is better than DS and I won?t tell technical differences for supporting that opinion. Maybe DS has that "funny" feature of touching but I don?t think this is a very versatile thing. In fact, I see clearly tha Nintendo is each time more and more dedicated to a target audience that is mostly children (which is not bad). Instead, Sony searchs a more adult audience and so they have to release more complex games, not always the same Mario titles.

well DS is a lot more innovative than the PSP, and dont forget that Nintendo was, is, and always will be the master of all handheald gaming, and probably gaming altogether in concoles if you dig down to the core of it. the DS's features are really cool, the touch screen, miniture games (sd cards) and that dual screen concept for the touch, thats golden.graphics:DS's graphics are not like N64, there a little bit lower than GameCube, and seeing that PS2's graphics were rated higher (i dont know y, i dont see a diff. in same games between the 2), PSP's graffics wold be rated higher, but i've seen both, they dont look diff, except sony has a sweet 4.5" screen, but the DS has the dual, so the 4.5" wasnt an option for them.games/gameplay:the games, like all the other nintendo systems, not gameboys, systems, are the marios, and all the nintendo stars, but there is no problem in that at all. i know so many adults that enjoy Nintendo games more than others, and I myself immensly enjoy them as well. the PSP will have games similar to the PS2, but the gameplay will be too complicated because of the lack of buttons. for the DS, there are so many aspects to each game, like touch screen, and 4 buttons, NOT including D-Pad and L-R.coclusion:i would get the DS, hands down. the PSP was said to have so many problems on the release, and still does. any nintendo product will always be stable, and haveVERY minimal problems, if any. a local canadian EB GAMES store told me that in the first month of the PSP and DS release (seperate), they got 17 PSP's back, and 2 DS's, you figure it out.-ChonChon

Which will be better, nintendo ds or psp.

I say psp becasue its better quality lol but ive seen both both are ok psp is better cause of movie playing and stuff like that its more towards the mp3 player/movie thingy

Are they multyplayer.

with cables i belive so dont know about psp would imagine so tho!

Also what is the pricing for both of them.

psp $249.99ds $129.99

How good are the graphics?

Psp are awsome ds dont really know just looked at it once...

you also get more for your money with the psp becasue it gets internet and can play movies and games and even has a small flash drive (sold Sperate) which u can load music ad other things onto!!! The graphics are exelent on it and pretty much kick *bottom* it also have built in speakers which are very good quality for there size!!!!

while the ds was made to become a competition with the psp the psp just blew it out of the water...

the last good inventrion from nintendo was the sp casue of the back light... other than that there other things have been *BLEEP*... gamecube included...

I say psp becasue its better quality lol but ive seen both both are ok psp is better cause of movie playing and stuff like that its more towards the mp3 player/movie thingy

movie playing, who wants to watch mvies that cost more than DVD's on a tiny screen? There is an MP3 player for the DS coming out soon, whcih uses SD cards instead of Sony's own, more expensive cards.

with cables i belive so dont know about psp would imagine so tho!

Both have wireless multiplayer, and soon the DS will have online Mairo Kart, which will be some of the best multiplayer action ever.

Psp are awsome ds dont really know just looked at it once...

So, your making all these judgements about the PSP vs DS and you've seen the DS once?

you also get more for your money with the psp becasue it gets internet and can play movies and games and even has a small flash drive (sold Sperate) which u can load music ad other things onto!!!  The graphics are exelent on it and pretty much kick *bottom* it also have built in speakers which are very good quality for there size!!!!

As I've already said there will sono be a MP3 player for the DS that uses SD cards, while Sony are sing their own more expensive card... graphics may be excelelnt, but handhelds aren't made for that. Handhelds are made for games. The best handheld game was Tetris, a game that is meant to be played quickly on the bus, similarly to Nintendogs, Meteos, Yoshi's Touch and Go, Warioware: Touched and others. Not big racers that take minutes to load or big adventurous games.

while the ds was made to become a competition with the psp the psp just blew it out of the water...

Hardly, in Japan DS is crapping all over the PSP's head. Selling double, this years sales are the same for the PSP's total sales. In the US the DS had the tuning point and the DS outsold the PSP for the month of September I believe. The PSP has just launched in Europe and is having a wonderful honeymoon period, just as it did in Japan and the US.

Technically, the PSP dominates the DS in terms of horsepower. With far superior hardware under the hood, the PSP is capable of pushing out graphics that fall somewhere between the PS and the PS2. This means that the PSP has about the same graphical advantages over the DS that the original Playstation used to dominate the Nintendo 64 when it was released back in 1994. However, other hardware differences make this a different story than that of the Playstation and Nintendo?s doomed N64. Whereas the PSP is basically a portable version of the current PS2 home console, the Nintendo DS includes a number of features that have never been seen in a handheld gaming unit. The PSP?s strength lies in its graphic ability, and the DS?s strength lies in its additional features and creativity Brief Overview of the Two Systems:Nintendo DS: Known as the Nintendo Dual-Screen, the DS is a handheld game device with two screens, a stylus pen, and the ability to play both Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance games. Equipped with wireless technology, a touch sensitive screen, and a microphone, the DS has many characteristics similar to a specialized PDA, but with awesome gaming ability. It was released in the U.S. in November of 2004. Sony Playstation Portable (PSP): The Playstation Portable is Sony?s answer to Nintendo?s handheld market dominance. With a large wide-screen display, more powerful innards than the DS, and a media type capable of storing 1.8 gigabytes of data, the PSP is well positioned to change how we think of portable gaming.

Technically, the PSP dominates the DS in terms of horsepower. With far superior hardware under the hood, the PSP is capable of pushing out graphics that fall somewhere between the PS and the PS2. This means that the PSP has about the same graphical advantages over the DS that the original Playstation used to dominate the Nintendo 64 when it was released back in 1994.

Do you know anyhting about the N64 vs PS war? The N64 was technically far superior. The PS wasn't originally made to be a ultimate 3D machine, it was more angled towards 2D, that was, however, until the N64 came along with the analouge stick. Sony stuck one on the PS and that was that. The N64 had much more power than the PS, the main thing that made the PS an advantage was because the discs were cheaper and could hold more than the cartridges.

of course Playstation has much more attractions than the Nentendo...Now they have really changed the idea of Playstation and it has become a digital juke box.and you can do much more things on PSP...My friend has nentendo..i dont know much about it.

I really hope this doesn't happen to PS3 now with Nintendo or Xbox360 lol. I really hope PS3 outshines the other two. From what I've heard, PSP (well mayble this is fact ;) ) has PS2 like graphics while Nintendo DS is more towards gameplay. I've seen some reviews for games that are rated average on PSP but absolutely terrible on DS, my example would be Burnout Revenge (?or something).

I'd say the PSP outweighs the Nintendo DS, simply due to the fact that it has more uses/higher functionality than the DS. In short, it can do more. I'd say they're still both almost on par with eachother, though.As for the next gen console wars, the PS 3 and the Xbox 360 are pretty much neck-to-neck as far as can be told for the moment, although the Xbox has a obvious advantage since it has been released first. The Nintendo Revolution is definately the weakest of the trio, but would be a necessary evil if one is a hardcore fan of the Nintendo game franchise.

Personally, id go with the psp, its more than a gaming system its like a portable entertament center and even though its expensive...i has soo much potential to be a haced thing, hehe and everyone is going to want one with all the features that it has

Which will be better, nintendo ds or psp. Are they multyplayer. Also what is the pricing for both of them. How good are the graphics?

21688[/snapback]

i would personally go with psp as i dont l;ike nintendo also psp i thik has better grafics but hay at the end of the day its down to u

I would say the PSP is better, because it's really more than a gaming system. There are all kinds of mods and attachments that companies and hackers are coming out with now. I heard that there is this game that provides a back door to the internet. Supposedly the internet is going to be an upgradable service provided by Sony, but game whizzes/hackers figured out how to get it through this game called "wipeout." There is also this personal video recorder attachment that is out, in which you can attach it to a television or dvd player and record straight to the device (onto a memory card), and then insert the memory card into your PSP, and voila, instant tivo! You can find an article here: PSP Record TV

Also for anyone interested in PSP hacks, tutorials, mods, utilities, etc. Click here: PSP hacks

Have Fun!!! ;)

i say the psp cause there are so many things to it better like:pictures and videos can be savedinternetsd enablationthe ds cant compete to those things. all i have seen signifigant to the ds is that theres a game chip in japan that if you ds is wifi connected and you insert the game chip you can go on the iternet on your ds. also at best buy once i saw a fm radio thingy that you put into your ds so you can listen to radio stations from your ds.but all that is consumer made. everything on the psp is already made and is on it.

the best features the psp has that the ds doesn't have are the possibilities for internet, pics, vids, and music. also big lcd screen as opposed to the two halfsized ds screens. psp would be better if it had a touch screen. that pictochat that the ds has is pretty cool. is there a psp equivalent?

Definitely PSP for better graphics. Also depends on which games you are playing and the function you wish to have. PSPs are more versatile as it can also play movies and view photos. The NDS is not bad, it allows the use of stylus which expands the playability of games for NDS.