xisto Community
Travis18520

Psp Vs. Nintendo Ds handhelds

I personally have seen the new DS in my local EB and I don't really like it. I might as well guy like an Engage or something and it really doesn't do anything special less it is made by Nintendo.

PSPs are still priced quite high here, i do plan to get one since most of the reviews i get are more voted into getting a psp than a DSbut from others, i heard that DS games have more fun in it and quite entertaining...but psps graphics are waay better~

from wthat my friends said, DS has a 850 mAh Lithium Ion rechargeable battery /wc is replaceable and lives under a door retained by a single screw on the bottom of the unit.lifetime would last around six hours of game play with the backlight on, and charges in about four.hmm..ive seen a PSP with a case tha has a built in battery, i think its made by NYKObut the case from Logitech looks a little sleek~

PSP is cool but... you cant forget who started the uprise of all the gaming platforms... Nintendo. They also started hand help gaming which sony snagged the trophy from... :D damn sony.I have a DS, some of the games are great some arent... spiderman 2 sucks, mario 64 -DS was awesome.

Well frist of all.......DS cant play dvd's and PSP can so i think PSP is way better then DS cuz DS just a gameboy with better *BLEEP* and PSP graipetas r way better so i say go with PSP but thats just my opion what do u guys think i think u odd go with the PSP way better then DS DS games kinda boring

OK, enough is enough. I have put each category of handheld and compared them.

Graphics

PSP: The graphics are equivilant to the graphics on a PS2 or XBOX. Also it looks like a High Definition tv screeen with it huge widescreen ..umm..screen. LOL. It is probably the most advanced to go console ever made and perhaps because it is a handheld, the best gadget of all time.

Nintendo DS: The graphics are cartoonish Nintendo Style.....The same as the Nintendo 64 and maybe a lil worse. There saving "dual" screen is over rated, it does nothing but show maps or a car driving wheel. The touchpad can only be used for moving the menu, or drawing to no one.

Features

PSP: It is basically an IPOD. It is able to store 1 GB of Music. You can download any songs from Napster or PSPs music program. Also it uses headsets, not a jukebox. It also is able to play movies,a nd now nearly 50 movies have come out for PSP, all being huge hits. This makes it everything in one.

DS: If you wish to play one on one with another friend but your friend doesnt have the game you can downlaod it wirelessly and play. It is pretty cool....also they have this thing called Pictochat where you can chat with people all voer hte world using pictures. Or so it says........you can only chat with people 30 feet from you which make this features.."worthless".

Online Play

PSP: It has a great online play for all games, you can with your friends using a headset or typing it using the directional pads and buttons. It can be done with a router or modem. It is awesome.

DS: None, absolutley nothing. cant play with no one, just like all other nitnendo games. It will go down just like Nintendo will.

So after this you can make your decision..whether you wish to pay 100 dollars more for one of this best gadgets of all time..or waste 150, on a fun arcade like styyle DS. Its up to you!

It's hard to say as they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Notice from Klass:
Everything has its advantages or disadvantages.One Advantage is Klass writing this note for you not explaining the advantages or disadvantages of the PSP vs Nintendo DSOne disadvantage of this not would be that you properly explained yourself when you posted and therefore this note would not exist.Another Advantage is Klass warning you.Another disadvantage would be Klass does not get to warn you.In short give an opinion of what your posting about.
Edited by Klass (see edit history)

The psp gets released here in australia in early september, I've seen the posters everywhere, looks pretty cool. Havn't really read into the nintendo DS or seen it advertised, I know australia has a huge nintendo market though so it would do well here regardless of the reputation of the psp.

Nintendo DS was literally a waste of money.I mean PSP literally blew the market away with all te fancy features, the excellent graphics, or so much more, even though it's a bit pricey, yes, but it's rather sleek and an awesome handheld gaming system of all time.

I think they dont have much different except that the new nintendo have the touch system (isn't it?) well if I don't misunderstand about the touch screen.Well I think that is all the different between themAbout the prices well depends on what you like, if you like nintendo or psp best then you buy that one.

PSP blows the DS away in every category. The PSP is just not a handheld gameing sysytem its plays movies and MP3s, as i am sure we all know....and what does the DS soem crappy touchpad that will quite working after 6months....no thank you.