xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

World's Fastest Wireless Lan 240 Mbps speeds for wireless networks

I've read my local computer news and found this article. It's a new product from Netgear, delivering 240 Mbps speed for wireless networks.

That's insane! Really!

It's faster than the wired Fast Ethernet, running at 100 Mbps.

If this product comes to sale in my country, I'll definately change my router to this one.

Check it out this wireless router here :

http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPNT834.php

https://www.qualcomm.com/company/about

wow that does really catch ones eye. id like to have that *drool* but yeah its prolly gonna cost a few hunderd bucks at least. i bet it will be good when HDTV is standard and we can stream stuff from the computer to the TV. Man i cant wait for the futur. so many cool stuff for cheap. XD

Pretty nifty stuff. Looks l ike a little alien. lol It is a lot smaller than the regular router. I would like to buy one to see the difference in speed between it and the speed of my internet now. I like how it has a longer range than regular networks. I could take my computer outside and use it out there without having a very low connection. :)

# Enables simultaneous HD Video Streaming, downloading MP3s, Multi-player gaming, and file sharing.# 240 Mbps speeds for wireless networks
# RangeMax MIMO Technology delivers superior wireless coverage
# Increases the performance of your existing 802.11b/g devices by up to 50%
# Touchless WiFi Security makes securing your network simple
# Ultra Secure with Double Firewall, WEP Encryption, and WPA2 Security

Wow! HD Video streaming... how's that supposed to work?

I am sure that the HD-Streaming is just compatible, but then again for a couple of extra $$ben franks$$ they always put something extra. My opinion is that the net is getting slower and suckier so that "THEY" can get us to beg for internet through our powerlines (that we already shunned away because of tons of bad reasons). I have to admit (privacy violation or not) I am begging for a internet capable of making my 3 year old router a bottle neck(10/100mb).I am also into HAM Radio and according to my calcs we are building our WiFi tech on already discovered HAM tech. I was also in the military and they have a sorty of "WiFi" that has been functional since 1960 and before. The concept of "super high speed wifi" is not new.If everything created new was already at its potential then it would be obsolite the day it was made. Remember 2x cd-r drives?

wow.. a normal 7200 rpm hdd can't even use up all the bandwidth of a 100mb hub.. lol.. 230 mb is kinda pointless for a personal network. Unlesss you have some hardcore data transfering between computers or alot of computers on a network.oh.. a few weeks ago, i read bbc news, and they were talking about the future of broadband internet. They will be using ballons as a broadband station (instead of having to use wire or satetiite). They said it will be faster and cheaper to maintain. But right now, they only could only get it to transfer at 11mb.

Ballons... What's the point? 11Mbps? You allready have WiMax, LMDS, MMDS...etc using towers or rooftops, that provide Broadband using radio interface (wireless). So why the big need for ballons? The problem remains the same, access. So you get the last leg using radio between you house to the ballon, but you still have to conect the ballon to the core network. I still believe that cablestill has a big word in access, think of VSDL, RADSL, DPL. And for Wireless access I would bet on WiMax (for fixe and mobile) mounted in towers.

I think people are becomming to interested in the speed, and not the stability and the access, and user friendly enviroment. We need to start looking at keeping our exisiting inferstructure up and stable. We are currently looking in the direction of worrying also too much about the community then Health System, or Transport, that should be investing in gain that extra, to be able to process 'clients', 'patiences' needs and emergencies quicker.Should we try and use ballons?, i mean the cost of keeping then afloat would be added to the price im sure, and only 11MBPS? ... How slow really, we'll just stick to what we have and make it more user friendly and stable.

hmm...but whats to happen when a storm or sumthin comes...we all lose access becuz of it? hell no...dont move to balloons....keep it how it is, an just work on improving to new technologies by upgrading the product we hold now.As for that fast wireless router...thts just insane to blieve neone not in a corperation havin it....but i wouldn't mind a nice b-day present of taht

WOW I so want to get that, but it would be tough to set up, I have DSL, and plus it's probably mucho expensive. I'd get it if I had the money and the time. looks great though. A common misperseption is that you can't improve your existing router's range. WRONG!!! you can get bigger and better antennas for some money, most are like 50 bucks per pop.