xisto Community
adriantc

Area 51 In Google Earth do you know the coordonates

I have read somewhere that with the launch of Google Earth small communities have started to appear talking about all kinds of stuff. I've even read that there are a few communities on the Aria 51 subject and I was wondering if any of you knew the coordonates of Area 51. I tried to Google that but I couldn't find anything. It would be interesting to see the quality of the photos...

Assuming you mean Area 51 - in relation to the whole conspiracy theories that have been circulating since the 1940s regarding the supposed crash landing of an unidentified flying object - try Groom Lake Base, Nevada (near Rachel, approximately 90 miles north of Las Vegas, apparently). Roswell - where, according to the stories and media hype (you'll have to excuse me, but I think it's a load of garbage), the incident supposedly occurred - is in New Mexio.I don't know, but it's possible the US government restricts aerial photographic shots of military bases and other areas of restricted airspace. Sattelite capturing the images may have been required to either not photograph that area at all, not photograph it in great detail, or have any photographs of it removed later on. But I don't know.

actually thats not true most military bases are shown on google earth i have a found a few that i know.

I imagine there is a significant time delay between the photo survey and the publication of the photos, though. Wouldn't want the undesirables to find out the juicy stuff too quick.Just imagine the bad guys using Google Earth.... an American technology... against the U S of A.Shooting yourself in the foot sound familiar?

The co-ordinates for Area 51 are:

Latitude: 37.24
Longitude: -115.816

It can be seen very clearly in both Google Earth and World Wind. Many people say it has been 'blotched out' as a large white dot, although Area 51 is actually on a dried up salt lake, which is the white dot. The runways are south of the salt lake going roughly south east. There are also a large number of buildings to the west of the runways, although these have not been photographed at high enough qualities to be identified as anything but squares.

I have a screen shot of the area in World Wind, along with the relevant information here if anyone is interested.

sangdukseo, you just never know, and we are entitled to our opinions. This thread reminds me of when I used to think about Area 51 and the story behind it. I do believe in life beyond Earth, and it may be possible for civilizations beyond our galaxy to have the technology far beyond our capabilities. That being said, who knows?, maybe something is around that area, I'm sure we'll all know soon enough, a true verdict that is. As for Google Earth and finding Area 51, I'd say it would be a hard time finding it. If it is true, the government will do the ultimate job in protecting it, and if it's false, then there's nothing to look for...

I'm living near an army base. I am able to see my house in Google Earth but not the army base. Not that I cannot find the place, but the place was entirely in blacken patches. Somehow that place was blocked from satellite cameras. I believe army bases uses a device called radar jammer, like what a unit has in a game called Command and Conquer.So I believe we can never find Area 51. Even if we could, it will be blacken.

Well... The search worked great for me..10x rvalkassI can see planes so it really doesn't look that abandoned... This proves one thing... The Alien Are Among Us :P Photo is made in 2001 so things may have changed a bit...

For one reason or another, I seriously doubt that the army base uses the radar jammer used in Command and Conquer :PI think that they just manually blackened out the "forbidden" places, or shot the place in really low quality...Of course, I think it might also be possible for the army base to send a signal, directly on top of it's geographically equivilent to the place where all the satellites orbit, and then maybe some special satellites aren't allowed to get into that area, or else they would be logged or something...But, I mean... I do think that for the people that can do damage using this information, they can probably use their own satellites or even use a totally different way of spying to learn all of this info much easier, and in much better quality...Russia?

Some spots are off limits, or "top secret". I can find my house on google earth, and it was only built a year and half ago. I work @ a nuke plant, and about 5 miles down the road the maps get very blurry and blocked out. The entire Hanford "industrial" site is that way. A lot of none of your business stuff out here that the most people don't have access to and can't get to w/o government clearance. That doesn't mean that there is aliens out here, just that the government has proejcts that we don't need to anounce to the rest of the world.

who cares about area 51? it's not a crash site of a ufo... please don't tell me anyone actually believes that stuff.

Of course it's not a CRASH SITE, but it's rumored to be where crashed extra terrestrial vessels are held and studied.

Also, according to another conspiracy theory that suggests that we never actually went to the mooon, it is suggested the the original Apollo mission moon sets are stored in the warehouses there.